The Great Colony Ships

Kremainn

Has anyone thought about creating ships specifically built for colonisation?

When i say a "Colony ship", i mean a ship that's generally a one-time-use ship, lands on a planet's surface and has everything needed to start a fully functioning city/port

The ship could be broken down once it lands or just unloads everything and takes off again.

Heck, you could even have it form into a station in orbit then launch smaller transports to the surface.

Has anyone got any ideas in mind? if so, spill 'em out!

Has anyone thought about creating ships specifically built for colonisation?

When i say a "Colony ship", i mean a ship that's generally a one-time-use ship, lands on a planet's surface and has everything needed to start a fully functioning city/port

The ship could be broken down once it lands or just unloads everything and takes off again.

Heck, you could even have it form into a station in orbit then launch smaller transports to the surface.

Has anyone got any ideas in mind? if so, spill 'em out!

I love this idea. I am so gonna steal this idea, though to be honest my will most likely resemble a borg cube more then anything  :P. My design skills are lets say lacking at best lol.

I love this idea. I am so gonna steal this idea, though to be honest my will most likely resemble a borg cube more then anything  :P. My design skills are lets say lacking at best lol.

I you enjoy ideas like this maybe consider joining the crew of the ISS Wandering Mountain. Gonna be a massive self sustaining (Mostly :P) ship that essentially wanders the universe exploring what there is to explore

I you enjoy ideas like this maybe consider joining the crew of the ISS Wandering Mountain. Gonna be a massive self sustaining (Mostly :P) ship that essentially wanders the universe exploring what there is to explore

Might do but me and a few friends wanna get into the game and see what everything is about before we actually join anyone, but thanks for the offer  :D

But such ship already exist in game - it is called Arkship and it is part of the lore....

This is a true story, but you can't fly the ark ship. Speaking of the ark, anyone know if there is going to be more than one?

But such ship already exist in game - it is called Arkship and it is part of the lore....

Oop, sorry, I'll have to look more into the lore

:D

I'm tempted to do this to get away from people. Just build a conglomeration of thrusters, life support and cargo that I can launch into the great unknown with a metric crap ton of raw materials on board.

I'd have my spawn point on there and just work on stuff over the weeks in transit. Build up a whole heap of colony modules with a cargo flyer to carry them as well as some miners and light flyers. Then when I finally get to the far off destination just carefully land everything and turn the transit ship into an orbital station or spare parts.

Eventually the larger universe would catch up. So I'd have colony ship mkII ready to go as soon as I sell my planet co-ords to the highest bidder ;)

Not a bad idea at the moment to think of "colony bombs". I can see these being a thing when more organizations get some solid foundation laid out, and want to setup shop on multiple planets. Figure out the necessities to get things rolling, send it on one ship, and let the players do the rest by building. 

• 4 weeks later...

A large ship like this could carry the resources not normally available on a newly founded planet. Building resources and equipment at a new location will take time. But if equipment and resources are taken along, setting up an outpost becomes that much easier, and realistic.