Solar Secure :: Shame On Both Sides

OutlandishRep

Solar Secure isn't exactly known to be the fastest growing organisation. Maybe at this time but in the past, there could have been a faster organisation. Also Solar Secure has the support of another Organisation and that Organisations members flood it to add support.  

Pointing out something. I figure this should have gone without clue. I'm OutlandishRep and welcome to the fantastic barrel of misery and anger known as my posts. 

There have been some things going around. Noticed anything? I'm sure you have.

There are spam posters. You know what that means. We have reached the classic point of boards. The people who are doing stuff to irritate others. You know, like me. These people aren't me though. They are people who are purposely causing others some grief. I'm just throwing the grief of other onto their desks.

The Problem?

At this time a month ago, there was a user. His name was Sakej99. One day he decided to post some spam. This spam wasn't in a can. It was spam that festered with hate and rhetoric of the stereotypically internet kind. The organization supposedly behind this spam? The Diverse Unified Alliance.

After looking through their members, there wasn't a Sakej99 listed. Contacting Dominar Diablo, I inquired about this. Minutes of trying to get him to talk without blocking minute ended up revealing that Sakej99 had simply left.

Useless. This was all useless stuff that we didn't need. But one fateful day on November 24th, this unappealing type of post known as spam happened again! Can you guess the person that did this? Let me give you a hint. It's Sakej99.

A new line of hateful attacks at both Sakej99 and the organization he posted for began. The organization? Solar Secure. The child of Solar Empire. Another useless post with 44 ignorant and disgusting replies emerged.

Want to know the funny thing? Both leaders of Solar Empire and the Diverse Unified Alliance posted something to deny their involvement in this spam. That. Should. Go. Without. Saying.

74.jpg

rf.jpg

Both of them publicly apologized or stated they had no involvement. Great.

Solar Secure had a different response though. 

18.jpg

Agreement that the community wash harsh on one post. Agreed. Agreement that the community was oversensitive about a spammer that just posted a quick, non-contributing post. Disagreed. This was the community reacting negatively to a post that didn't need to exist. You know, the desired effect. This reaction is better than an upvote haven. The community wants bad posts to be given honor? No!

Conclusion To This?

Idiotic. A word to describe the reaction. Idiotically, members started arguing with each other in this post. Idiotically, it spiraled into a negative feedback loop.

Spurs of hate spread as one posts something that isn't needed. Personal opinion applies. Community opinion triumphs over personal opinion. Sakej99, a legate of Solar Secure, caused problems that negatively effected the organization. I'll leave the questioning of Sakej99 alone. Spam. Overreaction. Both points that need to be mentioned.

A non-useful post that contributed nothing. Shouldn't have happened.

The community festering hate and harmful rhetoric into that post. Shouldn't have happened.

Want to know something? This community can be toxic. It can birth things like DUExplorers, fan lore, contests. It can birth the opposite as well.

One step away from a OutlandishRep news segment. You know what the problem is? Stop contributing to making it worse. Both sides.

A day after, Sakej99 sent a present. A wonderful Thanksgiving Present.

j7.jpg

I accept your invitation to join Solar Secure. You probably don't want me at this point but I'll still join.

I'll see all of you in the comments. OutlandishRep brings you an Outlandish day.

But is he wrong though? I have see *SO* much hostility when it comes to newer people. Like the only way to make people learn is to yell and scream and tease till said newbie gets the message. 

I think it would better the community as a whole if instead of being so damn toxic. We actually tried to be decent human beings and kindly help new people understand whats right and whats wrong. 

but more than ever people need to understand this one simple thing- its an online forum. Its not real, it doesnt exist in physical space, you cant touch it, smell it, taste it...SO WHY GET SO WORKED UP OVER IT! 

I understand spam is annoying but lashing out is NOT the proper way to do things. 

Stay calm, stay civilized, and above all. Be professional.

Responding negatively to spam doesn't make this a toxic community. It means we want the spam to stop. That's all. Dunno why that's hard to understand.

but you see, even after the spam had stopped people continued to be so toxic. I dont see why its so hard for people to stay calm and resolve the issue. I know this cause it happened to me after my rookie mistakes. 

I have probably missed something here, but I've only seen 2 recruitment posts (so technicly a single double post) and a forum PM.

How is that spamming? It could happen to anyone posting on the forums if they have a connection issue at the time they hit send on the original post.

But again, I probably missed something. Either way can we just step over this, shrug it off as a mistake and move on? Hostilities are fun ingame to create some content for people, on the forums hostilities serve no purpose and if we really want to entice more people to go for the game we would do well to keep the hostilities to a minimum in my humble opinion.

Either way, it's apparent that the situation has been dealt with by the leadership involved and we as a community should leave it at that.

I have probably missed something here, but I've only seen 2 recruitment posts (so technicly a single double post) and a forum PM.

How is that spamming? It could happen to anyone posting on the forums if they have a connection issue at the time they hit send on the original post.

But again, I probably missed something. Either way can we just step over this, shrug it off as a mistake and move on? Hostilities are fun ingame to create some content for people, on the forums hostilities serve no purpose and if we really want to entice more people to go for the game we would do well to keep the hostilities to a minimum in my humble opinion.

Either way, it's apparent that the situation has been dealt with by the leadership involved and we as a community should leave it at that.

Private message invites. The Solar Secure member sent many of them. That's the spammy part.

But is he wrong though? I have see *SO* much hostility when it comes to newer people. Like the only way to make people learn is to yell and scream and tease till said newbie gets the message. 

I think it would better the community as a whole if instead of being so damn toxic. We actually tried to be decent human beings and kindly help new people understand whats right and whats wrong. 

but more than ever people need to understand this one simple thing- its an online forum. Its not real, it doesnt exist in physical space, you cant touch it, smell it, taste it...SO WHY GET SO WORKED UP OVER IT! 

I understand spam is annoying but lashing out is NOT the proper way to do things. 

Stay calm, stay civilized, and above all. Be professional.

Agreed. I'm calm yet chill and calculated.

Private message invites. The Solar Secure member sent many of them. That's the spammy part.

Ah I see, in that case there are more culprits then just Solar Secure. I have more then one such invite from more then one source.

Not sure why people cant just respectfully decline and ignore the remainder of that message though.

Anyway, that was a lot of fuss and what people will learn from it is to reconsider when online-speaking, being MP that can become spamming at some point, or topics scripture that can denote some kind of lack of soul into it, just what I pointed out. For my part I haven't been spammed, so I didn't point that out, but I'm glad a disposition from SS has been taken, considering the spammer. I don't actually blame the spammer, but now he can learn, we all need to learn how to communicate properly, and it's yet a long time before the release of the game now.

Ah I see, in that case there are more culprits then just Solar Secure. I have more then one such invite from more then one source.

Not sure why people cant just respectfully decline and ignore the remainder of that message though.

Spamming is when you send an invitation twice to the same person? It becomes spamming that way I think.

Spamming is when you send an invitation twice to the same person? It becomes spamming that way I think.

Yes that is what I thought as well, however from the posts in the thread it seems like he sent single messages to multiple people.

Fair enough it was a really simple copy/paste message but thats beside the point.

Anyway I look forward to seeing everyone ingame in a few months (hopefully).

​You Asked For It, Spam Actions Taken Place...

It's time to take some nessessary actions to further prohibit spam in the community. As we have stated before we appoligize for the spam and now communication is continuing about the spam. The user Sakej99 is now being demoted until he has learned how to behave appropriatley. As I am still suprised about the community and how involved it is getting into this, I am also honestly over it. Is the community too? And those who state Solar Secure has lost its reputation, before you say that, also consider that we are the fastest growing new organization. Go to organizations and set the filter to most recent first. As you find Solar Secure you will notice it is the only organization that has 16 members and is new. I am proud of our organization and am excited to see it continue to grow. It may seem that I am annoyed by the community, but I do understand that it wasn't nessessary to post that forum and I will take full responsibility. Lets end this once and for all. May we?

Thanks, CEO - mmtheboss - Solar Secure -

(Banner Coming Soon)

why are you demoting sakej99 when you were the one who spammed us directly, you were the one who spammed the discords and you were the one who instead of apologizing for spamming decided to shame the community for reacting badly to what would obviously get a bad reaction (or are you the one person on the internet that didn't know people find spam annoying?) 

You're 'taking action' is simply scapegoating another member for your actions. 

Pointing out something. I figure this should have gone without clue. I'm OutlandishRep and welcome to the fantastic barrel of misery and anger known as my posts. 

There have been some things going around. Noticed anything? I'm sure you have.

There are spam posters. You know what that means. We have reached the classic point of boards. The people who are doing stuff to irritate others. You know, like me. These people aren't me though. They are people who are purposely causing others some grief. I'm just throwing the grief of other onto their desks.

The Problem?

At this time a month ago, there was a user. His name was Sakej99. One day he decided to post some spam. This spam wasn't in a can. It was spam that festered with hate and rhetoric of the stereotypically internet kind. The organization supposedly behind this spam? The Diverse Unified Alliance.

After looking through their members, there wasn't a Sakej99 listed. Contacting Dominar Diablo, I inquired about this. Minutes of trying to get him to talk without blocking minute ended up revealing that Sakej99 had simply left.

Useless. This was all useless stuff that we didn't need. But one fateful day on November 24th, this unappealing type of post known as spam happened again! Can you guess the person that did this? Let me give you a hint. It's Sakej99.

A new line of hateful attacks at both Sakej99 and the organization he posted for began. The organization? Solar Secure. The child of Solar Empire. Another useless post with 44 ignorant and disgusting replies emerged.

Want to know the funny thing? Both leaders of Solar Empire and the Diverse Unified Alliance posted something to deny their involvement in this spam. That. Should. Go. Without. Saying.

74.jpg

rf.jpg

Both of them publicly apologized or stated they had no involvement. Great.

Solar Secure had a different response though. 

18.jpg

Agreement that the community wash harsh on one post. Agreed. Agreement that the community was oversensitive about a spammer that just posted a quick, non-contributing post. Disagreed. This was the community reacting negatively to a post that didn't need to exist. You know, the desired effect. This reaction is better than an upvote haven. The community wants bad posts to be given honor? No!

Conclusion To This?

Idiotic. A word to describe the reaction. Idiotically, members started arguing with each other in this post. Idiotically, it spiraled into a negative feedback loop.

Spurs of hate spread as one posts something that isn't needed. Personal opinion applies. Community opinion triumphs over personal opinion. Sakej99, a legate of Solar Secure, caused problems that negatively effected the organization. I'll leave the questioning of Sakej99 alone. Spam. Overreaction. Both points that need to be mentioned.

A non-useful post that contributed nothing. Shouldn't have happened.

The community festering hate and harmful rhetoric into that post. Shouldn't have happened.

Want to know something? This community can be toxic. It can birth things like DUExplorers, fan lore, contests. It can birth the opposite as well.

One step away from a OutlandishRep news segment. You know what the problem is? Stop contributing to making it worse. Both sides.

A day after, Sakej99 sent a present. A wonderful Thanksgiving Present.

j7.jpg

I accept your invitation to join Solar Secure. You probably don't want me at this point but I'll still join.

I'll see all of you in the comments. OutlandishRep brings you an Outlandish day.

There is a couple of things i want to point out. 1) As MrStarWars stated, the solar empire is not in any way responsible for the solar secure. No, the solar secure is not "the child of the solar empire" the only connection is that we have similar names. 2) Why would you ask people to "Stop contributing to making it worse. Both sides"  after having posted a large essay on the subject. May I ask how is that not contributing. 3) Finally, I'm slightly sorry to bring this up but how does spamming peoples to try and get new members equate to being "festered with hate and rhetoric of the stereotypically internet kind. ". I do not in any way justify or condone what he did but that might be a slight exaggeration.

Btw, can i call you something other than 'outlandish'? It again seems a bit out of proportion a title to what you actually do.

I posted in one of the recent Ads for Solar Secure and gave them a bit of crap for spamming.

But just to be clear i was only giving them crap for the totally unsolicited private forum message.  It had nothing to do with double posting their recruitment message by mistake.  

The double post thing has to at least partially be caused by how these forums work.  I've seen more double posts on these forums then i ever have before.  Although i guess it might also have to do with so many more people posting using cellphones?

Anyway the issue for me was absolutely 100% about MMOTHEBOSS using the private messaging system to send out unsolicited recruitment messages.  That is just not what the messaging system is for.

No one deserves the level of vitriol that was spewed into that thread though.  But i also think it's important for some of the people who may be new to the world of constructive online gaming communities, and discussion forums, to be taught some of the basic ground rules that allow them to exist without turning into a cesspool.

This isn't an AOL chat room or a FPS lobby or whatever it is people think it is.

The only way you can WIN here is by helping to make the game better.  There is NO REWARD for having the highest post count.

More? I guess people do enjoy making me popular for spam! This is over. Guys continue talking and enjoy talking about sakej99 and I! Have fun. Bye... Over this mess...

It's amazing what a good old fashioned apology can accomplish.

Clearly there's been some over-reaction to this whole thing.  

But a simple "Oops my bad guys, i hadn't considered that you might not want your inbox spammed" would have gone a long way towards ending it too.