Solar Secure :: Shame On Both Sides

OutlandishRep

Pointing out something. I figure this should have gone without clue. I'm OutlandishRep and welcome to the fantastic barrel of misery and anger known as my posts. 

There have been some things going around. Noticed anything? I'm sure you have.

There are spam posters. You know what that means. We have reached the classic point of boards. The people who are doing stuff to irritate others. You know, like me. These people aren't me though. They are people who are purposely causing others some grief. I'm just throwing the grief of other onto their desks.

The Problem?

At this time a month ago, there was a user. His name was Sakej99. One day he decided to post some spam. This spam wasn't in a can. It was spam that festered with hate and rhetoric of the stereotypically internet kind. The organization supposedly behind this spam? The Diverse Unified Alliance.

After looking through their members, there wasn't a Sakej99 listed. Contacting Dominar Diablo, I inquired about this. Minutes of trying to get him to talk without blocking minute ended up revealing that Sakej99 had simply left.

Useless. This was all useless stuff that we didn't need. But one fateful day on November 24th, this unappealing type of post known as spam happened again! Can you guess the person that did this? Let me give you a hint. It's Sakej99.

A new line of hateful attacks at both Sakej99 and the organization he posted for began. The organization? Solar Secure. The child of Solar Empire. Another useless post with 44 ignorant and disgusting replies emerged.

Want to know the funny thing? Both leaders of Solar Empire and the Diverse Unified Alliance posted something to deny their involvement in this spam. That. Should. Go. Without. Saying.

74.jpg

rf.jpg

Both of them publicly apologized or stated they had no involvement. Great.

Solar Secure had a different response though. 

18.jpg

Agreement that the community wash harsh on one post. Agreed. Agreement that the community was oversensitive about a spammer that just posted a quick, non-contributing post. Disagreed. This was the community reacting negatively to a post that didn't need to exist. You know, the desired effect. This reaction is better than an upvote haven. The community wants bad posts to be given honor? No!

Conclusion To This?

Idiotic. A word to describe the reaction. Idiotically, members started arguing with each other in this post. Idiotically, it spiraled into a negative feedback loop.

Spurs of hate spread as one posts something that isn't needed. Personal opinion applies. Community opinion triumphs over personal opinion. Sakej99, a legate of Solar Secure, caused problems that negatively effected the organization. I'll leave the questioning of Sakej99 alone. Spam. Overreaction. Both points that need to be mentioned.

A non-useful post that contributed nothing. Shouldn't have happened.

The community festering hate and harmful rhetoric into that post. Shouldn't have happened.

Want to know something? This community can be toxic. It can birth things like DUExplorers, fan lore, contests. It can birth the opposite as well.

One step away from a OutlandishRep news segment. You know what the problem is? Stop contributing to making it worse. Both sides.

A day after, Sakej99 sent a present. A wonderful Thanksgiving Present.

j7.jpg

I accept your invitation to join Solar Secure. You probably don't want me at this point but I'll still join.

I'll see all of you in the comments. OutlandishRep brings you an Outlandish day.

Great post. Honestly i wish people would just chill out. i have no idea how such a stupid thing like bad English from one poster could infuriate dozens of players. Are we back at playing COD here? I'm glad theres some people who see this just as stupid as i see it. I hope you contribute well to the organization and hope the organization does well in general :) When stupid things like this happens when the community itself spirals it out of control just act like it didn't happen guys otherwise it will just fuel the fire.

:ph34r: "hate and harmful". What's "harmful" is people that don't want to read or try to comprehend the few arguments of how indistinct the SS org is and how infirm its post to advertising was. I first came on that post (on advertising) to say how it didn't sell the product properly, but apparently some were spammed as I didn't know. Then, because of my (I consider mine here, but I don't know about others') heavy critic, it all went fussy on and on, and not always the way I wanted, that is the constructive, thoughtful way.

Instead of spamming they could of checked their requests for applicants but they were new and did mistakes. hopefully they really will learn from that and move on without all this babble.

​You Asked For It, Spam Actions Taken Place...

It's time to take some nessessary actions to further prohibit spam in the community. As we have stated before we appoligize for the spam and now communication is continuing about the spam. The user Sakej99 is now being demoted until he has learned how to behave appropriatley. As I am still suprised about the community and how involved it is getting into this, I am also honestly over it. Is the community too? And those who state Solar Secure has lost its reputation, before you say that, also consider that we are the fastest growing new organization. Go to organizations and set the filter to most recent first. As you find Solar Secure you will notice it is the only organization that has 16 members and is new. I am proud of our organization and am excited to see it continue to grow. It may seem that I am annoyed by the community, but I do understand that it wasn't nessessary to post that forum and I will take full responsibility. Lets end this once and for all. May we?

Thanks, CEO - mmtheboss - Solar Secure -

(Banner Coming Soon)