Save zone mining

fredrunner

I have a question for the save zones. I think after a few months the save zone is totely destroyed by mining. What have you done against that.

Sry for my bad english and if the question is already asked or also is  answered. Maybe its false how I post this but I'm new here and I'm not so good in english.

Your English is not bad and no, we have not yet had a complete response to the problem and i was having the same concern, one idea a person had was make normal ground voxels sort of "erode" back to being flat in that hole to where its not perfectly flat but could be a way to make hills and valleys depending on how far down you mine and what not. but yeah this needs to be addressed otherwise this would be like one of those minecraft servers where the spawn is great but after the build zone its horrible.

I would imagine that the developers will just leave it up to the players to make things look nice. The safe zones will likely be highly coveted, so the people who live there will put in the effort to repair damage and make them look nice. Outside the safe zones (where most of the mining will likely take place) it will probably depend on a number of factors. Some areas will probably end up as industrial waste lands or war torn battlefields.

I wouldn't worry to much about it. A year in, the whole safe zone will be a parking lot anyways. Everyone and their dog is going to build in the starting zone, which means it will be a city of significant size, but unfortunately most of the buildings will end up being abandoned.