Notorious Monsters / Global Bosses /

Hydrashok

unknown.png

Yepp, that was excactly what i overlooked...( damn you beeing tired after work *raises fist pointing at his shop location*")

Well, you find me agreeing in this, but not in the sense of "kill wolf, get iron bars" kind of situation. More like "hunt animal, get food" or things like "meat" that has carbon tied to it for us to make ration bars.

I totaly agree here, and if the npc/animal is as huge as a skyscraper, just kidding, more like a dinosaur, just think about all the rations we could get out of it ;)

Yepp, that was excactly what i overlooked...( damn you beeing tired after work *raises fist pointing at his shop location*")

I totaly agree here, and if the npc/animal is as huge as a skyscraper, just kidding, more like a dinosaur, just think about all the rations we could get out of it ;)

mmmm, stegosaurus steaks = best steaks.

TWERKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't even say anything.........................

Yeah, but hat's what the thread is about :|

Your point out of the stretch goal is commenting that "Animals exist in-game, therefore 15-storeys heigh leopludons exist fo r us to slay " :P

I know it's ironic for me to say that, but, let's stay topical. :P

I just thought of it as something to do out of the ordinary saving humanity stuff. Say you and a friend just want to go exploring and kill some stuff. And as far as the sizes go, the bigger the better of course!  Like skyscraper alien monsters on far away planets. This doesn't need to be a necessity in gameplay just an option to have fun.

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with hostile fauna, and I also think that rare alien species with unique drops is good for this game, maybe a rare worm that secretes a rare liquid that takes effort to kill, but Boss monsters that drop guns or tools or anything that isn't found in animals, is neither immersive or realistic so I would prefer they not exist in the game

I agree with hostile fauna, and I also think that rare alien species with unique drops is good for this game, maybe a rare worm that secretes a rare liquid that takes effort to kill, but Boss monsters that drop guns or tools or anything that isn't found in animals, is neither immersive or realistic so I would prefer they not exist in the game

oh god, please no. This only leads to players waiting for that shitty "boss" to appear and then raid it. With thousands and perhaps millions of players I wish you luck in getting that "special fluid". Players who have it would have an unfair advantage over others. This mechnic of "bosses" is valid in an instanced MMO but it is just completly fucking useless in a sandbox

Hi, you must be new to the forums. So welcome.

The game's focus is on no NPC "bosses", or storylines. All items are meant to be built from the player. If the game was to have 3 kilometer long worms, dropping guns that fit in human hands, then we should just be done with the realistic economy as a whole, if "rare" items are to be dropped by space-worms.

Cheers.

Hi, you must be new to the forums. So welcome.

The game's focus is on no NPC "bosses", or storylines. All items are meant to be built from the player. If the game was to have 3 kilometer long worms, dropping guns that fit in human hands, then we should just be done with the realistic economy as a whole, if "rare" items are to be dropped by space-worms.

Cheers.

This is completely correct. They should be dropped by space whales instead. ;)

I said rare fluid not special, this fluid should not be unique but instead just rare. I do not want bosses what I was suggesting is identical to finding a large vein of a metal or mineral, if extra large veins of iron exist then yea people would go out looking for them, if there is a special worm that drops fuel then yea people would go looking for it. I see no difference in the two, please let me know if I'm missing a difference. At the same time though I agree giant space worms dropping fuel would break immersion. Basically I hope for some challenge being present in the game not created by players but instead by the environment. I don't want the only combat to be with other humans. 

I said rare fluid not special, this fluid should not be unique but instead just rare. I do not want bosses what I was suggesting is identical to finding a large vein of a metal or mineral, if extra large veins of iron exist then yea people would go out looking for them, if there is a special worm that drops fuel then yea people would go looking for it. I see no difference in the two, please let me know if I'm missing a difference. At the same time though I agree giant space worms dropping fuel would break immersion. Basically I hope for some challenge being present in the game not created by players but instead by the environment. I don't want the only combat to be with other humans. 

Sure, but you see the issue with worms popping up everwhere, in planets they shouldn't. It's quite... jarring. Why would a worm exist on a planet, while it existed on another planet a few systems away. It's that kind of strange logic that makes it strange.

I get what you mean, but again, in the lore of the game, we got 3D printers that can print anything for us. There's no sch thing as rare, when yu can combine and create items on a molecular scale, only raw resources are rare.

Now, having leather being skinned from beasts for it to be used for some spiffy clothing for RPers, yeah, that can work ad make hunting work with different weaponry to hunt them, since laser and plasma guns don't work very well with leather, so yey for bows? Maybe? :P

But still, having to grind for "rare" materials, is as bad as having to grind for epic gear in any run-of-the-mill MMO. Hunting animals for skin, is actually a profession, a person chose to do it and it's for something optional in the game, like fancy clothing. If a person is paying high for a certain type of leather that can make for a spiffy coat trench-coat, then the profession gains meaning for the hunter as they actually feel they did something emergent. No NPC sent them out to gather the material, they did it for another actual person, who actually sought their services out. But being FORCED to fight NPCs and deal with the shenanigans of A.I. and scripted tactics in order to get a magic goo, is not something many  people want to do.

And even if it's forced upon them, my two words still stand. "Orbital Strikes". 

Yea I would never be for forcing people to fight bosses, I really really like your idea of making hunting a thing, that is almost exactly what I was hoping for. I prefer hunting being hard also but I can see that if they become too difficult people won't kill them without a large reward which turns them into bosses so I'm cool if hunting has to remain fairly easy.

Yea I would never be for forcing people to fight bosses, I really really like your idea of making hunting a thing, that is almost exactly what I was hoping for. I prefer hunting being hard also but I can see that if they become too difficult people won't kill them without a large reward which turns them into bosses so I'm cool if hunting has to remain fairly easy.

Hey, I'm all in for some weird Cronenberg creatures that their hides, organs or whatever make for some pretty rare clothing - or heck, even narcotics perhaps? - but not for them to act like pinyatas for rare loot directly. Although, still, nothing too enormous, as I said before, nothing iis meant to survive a strike from weapons meant to punch holes in hulls.

the moment you implement a 'boss' or whatever that drops something special, which can be used to build/do something better in-game than without it, it's just boring, stupid, 0815, dull, fucking stupid gamedesign and gameplay.

I'm all in for flora and fauna - as long as they don't drop something op. As already said: clothing, hats, coats, gunmods (only visual), armor (visual) - all good. But no "Greater dragonbane axe of the holy high Inquisitor +5"

the moment you implement a 'boss' or whatever that drops something special, which can be used to build/do something better in-game than without it, it's just boring, stupid, 0815, dull, fucking stupid gamedesign and gameplay.

I'm all in for flora and fauna - as long as they don't drop something op. As already said: clothing, hats, coats, gunmods (only visual), armor (visual) - all good. But no "Greater dragonbane axe of the holy high Inquisitor +5"

The OG wrote about big, hard to kill alien fanua wich drops nothing but thin air and maybe meat you would have to kill them to secure the area. and you can't grind a creature that only spawns once.

--EDIT

It seems i misread something sorry Lethys you are right with the drops.