Wasp-Viper MK1 Build (Creation Log)

DarkNovation

I thought instead of cluttering my organisations thread with progress on my newest fighters id create a separate post in the builders corner to show how I'm progressing with the latest ship ship design, the "Wasp-Viper" running on my latest engine concept the "Viper" modular engine.

-The Viper Engine-

aa70cc73d8.png

Hope you enjoy following my progression on this project.

-------------------------------

//Open Log

//User = Dark Novation

-Fuel Cell Assembly-

This assembly has supporting structures to hold the engine in-place and also contains two tanks to store the fuel to run the engines. The way this was designed also allows for the engine to slide right out the back of the ship when it needs to be replaced quickly in combat. The dual tanks on this ship also allow for a longer range the fighter can reach but will add extra weight to the ship.

aa5bdcb643.png

aa5d542180.png

//Close Log

//User = Dark Novation

Got a bit of extra time tonight so Im gona keep working on it aha

//Open Log
  //User = Dark Novation

Added the cockpit to the ship. The cockpit was designed in a spherical shape in mine to allow for the largest field of view for the pilot. Also adding in the latest Augmented Reality technology to project all ships systems statistics for ease of viewing for the pilot in command.

ab3b8d63bd.png

ab3436def1.png

//Close Log
  //User = Dark Novation

//Open Log

//User = Dark Novation

-Weapon Systems 1-

The first of three main weapons systems attached to the wasp-viper is two dual rapid fire laser cannons. These are low damage, fast fire rate guns to quickly chip away at the enemy's shields and keep them out of commission. Allowing for weapon systems 2 and 3 to deal the final blow. Mounted beside the cockpit this allows for greater accuracy when aiming and they also have slight gimbal to lock and track the enemy target.

aba99d8e16.png

aba3934e02.png

//edit//

Added extra wiring to route power form engine to the laser cannons

ac0ef755cb.png

//endedit//

//Close Log

//User = Dark Novation

"

Not bad, but there should be more space between the cockpit and the engines. If that can't be done, a simple element should be placed in between the engine and the cockpit. I doubt engine noise and vibrations will be issues in Dual Universe, but certain components could be placed there. Stylised reinforcement to anchor the cockpit, perhaps?

"

"

Not bad, but there should be more space between the cockpit and the engines. If that can't be done, a simple element should be placed in between the engine and the cockpit. I doubt engine noise and vibrations will be issues in Dual Universe, but certain components could be placed there. Stylised reinforcement to anchor the cockpit, perhaps?

"

Yeh your righti, I like to place all my major functioning parts first on the ships then i work in the structural and the outer aesthetic at the end. But it will make it in eventually