when does the subscription start to tick?

Aurelius

greatings.

yea, i am one of those who did kickstart the game in such an hurry (because i had the feeling this could be huge) that i did not got that there is a subscription system attached.

no, i am not happy with that ... but well ... at least i can play it for two month. 

since i will have to plan pretty carefully when to play my two month (playing with a family in the background is something thats not so easy. 2 month playtime translates for ppl like me into 20Hours) .. when does the time start to tick?

best of luck

I think at whatever time you activate the subscription, you have something like 30 days to play from there. So its not like you automatically have two months the day the game comes out, then that's it... That would pretty dumb, and totally unacceptable.

Upon full release of the game, when the game leaves beta into the final version.  I imagine the first time you log in after that date is when you will be able to log on and consume a DAC

Actually you get the DACs but I think the subscription only starts if you connect to the game after the release, it costs you 1 DAC, and you use 1 DAC every month if you continue playing. It's a month worth every time you use a DAC for that.

You don't get 2 months of subscription time, you get 2 DAC's. You can activate them whenever you want, you could also only activate one and sell the other for a ton of money ingame. Also you can buy a DAC ingame, if you have enough money

thanks for the answers.

regarding https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/4332-the-subscription-pricing/ ther is a limited and a premium version.

does that mean a new player can try out the game, than use a subscription, but than can never go back to the free version, or stay free but with all those limitations .. or can go from free to payed and back? (as it was in DC universe)

or is it just like a demo and fullversion? (as it was with warhammer online)

dont get me wrong ... i hate free to play and pay to win games ... but there are different systems such as a yearly addon that costs an other 30€, that opens up now stuff that is nice to have, but not need to win.

well, however. time will tell ;)

I think they are thinking about having a system where you can play for free, but have severe limitations... in order to give you a feel for the game.

You can then pay for a DAC with in game credit, or purchase a subscription to get rid of those limitations.

However, like with many things... nothing is set in stone.

I should note, I expect (if they go down this route) the limitations will be severe.