AccuNut

I thought this might be the best place to post, since it has to do with blueprints, although it is also somewhat of an art question.

Does anyone know whether blueprints will be actually viewable in the game, like a schematic, or whether they are just supposed to be electronic files that only make sense to a factory unit?

The reason I ask, is because I think it would be neat to be able to make a desktop background / screensaver slide out of your favorite ship blueprints. (Hence the "art" aspect.")

I realize that it could pose problems from a blueprint security standpoint, since it might be easier to reverse-engineer a viewable blueprint, but then again, the blueprint wouldn't be divided into voxels, so....

Maybe this could be limited to Master Blueprints, or specific blueprints that have had this option enabled by the original designer?

Let me know if you are aware of whether this will work. If not, tell me what you think about the idea!

It sounds like a cool idea. When designing the construct that goes on the blueprint maybe you could take screenshots of it or something but its probably decently hard to get a blueprint like image to display on what I'm going to assume is an ingame object. I can think of several ways it could be done but its all up to NQ

Yeah, screenshots are one way to do it, but not exactly what I meant. I was referring to blueprints like you would see in real life; a 2D image viewed from multiple angles, drawn as a schematic on a blue background. Like a building draft.

Although, it would be cool if you could overlay a 3D image onto it, it would end up looking something like this: http://www.google.com/url?q=https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/33477/blueprints&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiUqNyYgcLQAhXCQCYKHa1zBrE4FBDBbggWMAA&usg=AFQjCNHqbAcnhgp-mrhaW-juHPyipzB2jw

Even better would be a holo table where it would rotate slowly. Your ship store could have a bunch of tables with all your ship designs. Super sweet.

Add to that a popup stat sheet, maybe even a to-scale side-by-side comparison option. Sounds like a winner to me!