augmented reality

Sethran

i think it would be cool if you could do some things in the real world and it happen in the game.

ex. you order some tools fron an app on your phone while at school, and when schools over and you log on, the tools will have been delivered to your base.

That example isn't so much of a game feature as it would be a social feature. You tell someone you know to buy the goods for you and deliver it for you and they do it, no app required. I don't see how augmented reality could be integrated with the idea of this game as it stands, at least in the sense of having the real and virtual worlds overlap. If you are talking about third-party software, then I'm sure the players themselves will develop that en masse. (Just look at EVE's massive repertoire of third-party applications that have become almost essential to normal play. 

I don't know about an app that works independently of the game, (as in, the order while away type you described,) but I think one that works in tandem with it would be cool.

For example, you could be inside a ship, and while you have a cockpit view on the monitor, your radar could be displayed on your phone / tablet. Basically, if it is a screen within the game, (radar, ship damage schematic, etc.,) it could instead be displayed via your "real world" device.

Kind of like what I have heard Fallout 4 uses for the in-game "PipBoy" display.

Something like this could be done by other people if they give us access to something like an API where we can access parts of the game without needing to log into the game. Some games have done it (EvE has an API but you can't do really anything with it just view character data). Another way is taking a look at RuneScape and its app where you can buy and sell stuff on the GE though with the system DU will have it will probably be easier if they have an API first built in and then try to make an app on top so other people can do the same thing, and probably better as they don't have a game to do as well.

Something like this could be done by other people if they give us access to something like an API where we can access parts of the game without needing to log into the game. Some games have done it (EvE has an API but you can't do really anything with it just view character data). Another way is taking a look at RuneScape and its app where you can buy and sell stuff on the GE though with the system DU will have it will probably be easier if they have an API first built in and then try to make an app on top so other people can do the same thing, and probably better as they don't have a game to do as well.

That, my dear sir, is just false. You can do plenty of stuff with the eve api. It's the most powerful intel tool in existence and I really hope we get it in DU to do amazing stuff

That, my dear sir, is just false. You can do plenty of stuff with the eve api. It's the most powerful intel tool in existence and I really hope we get it in DU to do amazing stuff

As far as I know, they also released their new official app for phones/tablets and you can remote login from your tablet and do some small stuff. That, and with Eve's API system, is pretty damn amazing and opens up a lot of options. 

EDIT: Not sure if remoting in is related to the new phone app, I just know someone did.

Cool idea. You basically want an app that increases your playing time, or more likely follow up and utilize your automatic stuff to craft for example, or to manage...

A gaming app, that is. But it's already been talked about, and it's far away from us. First we need an alpha. :)