Player identification

Father

I was wondering whether or not there had been any information as to how character names and organization allegiance were shown in-game? Will it be something along the lines of WoW, where the information floats above a players head? Do you have to be pointing directly at the player for it to pop up? Is there a way to hide it?

It has been said there will be no merchant waiting outside a shop with his name above his head. It will be more realistic, certainly identification with the nanopad. No more information about that for the moment.

I think that anyone who can be locked onto has a small indicator on their body, and you can select that indicator to scan them and find out who they are. Maybe some information (like clan and maybe name) can be hidden by the target. You could also set certain people to just display that information WoW style, but it should be a whitelist not a blacklist feature

Would hope it'll be at least proximity based. With the lock on style targeting they going with can assume there will be a range at which we'll be able to identity and target players and constructs. But yeah hope they don't go with floating names that are on all the time regardless.

In the videos NQ has put out showing a timelapse of them building the asteroid base, they did indeed have floating names above their heads to indicate who they were. All up in the air of course.

Hmm maybe they say that for star citizen. By the way we will know more about persons and corporation identity maybe after. But it would be logical for ergonomic, realistic and for visibility that the nanopad would be in contact with other nanopads by scanning for persons, corporations and i don't know, shops informations. I also would like to know.

If outfits cannot be customized to a truely unique degree, I would prefer floating names, simply because it's easier than scanning everyone manually. I would hate to just walk past a friend simply because they look like everyone else in the street.