King of the Hill

DarkTemplar

Since the hill no longer exists (it was sent back in time, so it exists in the present no longer) I kick over a sandcastle someone else has made and call it the new hill, with me as the king

Yep. You're king, but it's not the same hill. That way in fact anyone could be king of his own new hill.

And yet, I am still the Hill. And thus your King. For now and ever more.

Plus I got me this merc if you are going to argue about it. Nice guy. Left me his card.

I'm getting a little sick of people fighting over me to be honest.

I mean, I'm just a fucking hill.

No, now you're nothing any more, you vanished. You never existed in fact. :D

Since there's too much of a contest over that silly hill, I capitalise on the congregation of people and open up my spiffy new steak joint, called "King of the Grill".

Now I am the King of the Grill.

I want your steak.

• 3 weeks later...

"
OP kills everything, every time. Let's start again, shall we? This time however, kindly let common sense and good sportsmanship rule. If the post before yours is OP, please disregard it and refer to the next one that's reasonable. It's a game, let's enjoy it without burdening ourselves with rules or inequality.

There is a Hill. This Hill is unlike any other hill - for indeed, it is the only hill we have ever known. This Hill holds neither treasure on its crown, nor fruitful fields at its base. But in a land surrounded by red desert sand and small grey rocks scattered here and there like black stars in a red sky, this Hill is completely covered in ever green healthy grass.

It sits like a landmark in the midst of a flat red land, full of sands and little black rocks. But, yet in the midst of this scorching, wind blasted, inhospitable and barren land, the Hill seems to shy away from even itself. It is neither tall nor wide, but it sits there alone and lost in time. Through the scalding hot days when the two suns irradiate the land with unbearable heat and through the cold and windy nights when the stars twinkle with light, this Hill waits - for what, I cannot tell.

But, there is a note pinned to the Hill -- as odd and out of place as the Hill itself. The Note says that this Hill is a special hill - as if that wasn't obvious enough. The Note says that this Hill is the key to our escape from this barren planet full of dusty haze and covered by a red atmosphere. The Note also let's us know how we can escape.

The Hill, it says, came from the sky. It came with such terrifying speed that it buried itself into the earth. Now, all that the Hill needs is to have a King. Yes, a King. The Note says that a King must sit still at the top of the Hill for a whole day. If the King manages the feat, the King and only the King, the Note says, will disappear along with the Hill.

However, if the King should be deposed by another or fail to sit at the top of the Hill for a full 24 hours, the timer will be reset and all has to be done again from the start.

The Note could be lying. It's as strange as the Hill itself. For all I know, it could have been left behind by a mischievous imp. But, there is nothing to lose except our sanity, for if we, the survivors of an unfortunate ship crash that placed us on this forsaken and windy planet should die, we resurrect at the foot of the Hill - unable to climb the Hill for 24 hours.Our ship is naught but pieces of metal and burnt wire: there is no hope of bringing it back to life.

But, I will not stay here forever. Some may seek to study the Hill. Others may seek to worship the Hill. Some will try to destroy the Hill and yet, others will seek to run away from the Hill.

As I look upon the green Hill surrounded by naught but red, dead desert, I make my decision. Do what you wish, but I seek to own the Hill. The Note may be lying, or it may be telling the truth -- we will know by the time I sit on the Hill for 24 hours.

I walk up the top of the Hill and take my seat. Who knows where the Hill and I will disappear to - if we do indeed disappear? Time will tell.
Right now, I am the King of the Hill.

A blue timer appears in the sky, as out of place as the Hill and the Note. The Timer starts at 24 hours and reduces to 23:59:59.

Time will tell. I am the King of the Hill.
"

With my mystical pirate powers I burn the chair and shove you both off the hill.

I am king of the hill

And I eat the note

"Hm, Lethys...What mystical powers of piracy does a ship wrecked survivor have? --Let's just keep it simple before people start summoning stars and moons, demons and angels, spaghetti and pizza!"

I get a chair and sit on it. I am now in a height dominance, so I am king of the hill.

"But, yet you have failed to depose the current King, have you not?

"Thank you, fellow Survivor." I say, jerking the chair from under you.  

Still sitting, I work to disassemble the chair into separate pieces. Once that is done, I hurl a piece of the chair at you. 

As it is, I am still the King of the Hill: None have succeeded in pushing me off from it or convincing me to abandon the Hill. 

Lucky for me, I have just over 7 hours more to discover whether or not the Note was lying.

"

Well maybe the mystical pirate powers only involves a lighter....But who am I to not play this game as you want :)

I push you off the hill and now I'm the king

I sneak up behind you and Vulcan Death Grip you to death.

I am now the King of the Hill

"

As you sit on the Hill, I sneak up behind you and knock you unconscious with a piece of the chair in my hands.

"Karma, man. Karma. I only want survive." I say, pushing you down the Hill. "It's nothing personal!" I shout after you.

Then, I take my seat, shifting from side to side to avoid being caught in my blind spot. 

The Timer resets again and I sigh. "This is going to take a while..."

"

"

As you sit on the Hill, I sneak up behind you and knock you unconscious with a piece of the chair in my hands.

"Karma, man. Karma. I only want survive." I say, pushing you down the Hill. "It's nothing personal!" I shout after you.

Then, I take my seat, shifting from side to side to avoid being caught in my blind spot. 

"

I then realized this hill has no meaning, but still push you off because why not.

"

"

I disguise myself as a travelling salesman. I offer you some water (that is drugged), that you accept due to extreme thirst.

You fall unconscious and roll down the hill.

I am now the King of the Hill

"Close, close, but not that close. You almost made it off,didn't you?

Awoken from my deep unconscious slumber of over a day, I rub my head and quickly realise that the time's almost up.

I hurl the last of the chair pieces at you, knocking the you out cold. Then, I push you off the Hill, following you all the way down.

Let's see who'll be next to climb the Hill.

"

"Tut Tut. While some of the survivors were squabbling over the hill, I was busy.

Busy in the wreck, salvaging, looking, finding and fixing.

I now hold a repaired blaster pistol, small, but effective. With it, I can stun, kill.

I force you off the hill with threat of death, but I will not kill aimlessly.

This hill could save us all, could it not? Rude it would be for me to deny one their salvation.

And thus, I take my place as King of the Hill, ever alert, should one try and usurp me."

I snipe you and you die. The hill is mine.I leave mines to catch the unwary.

I hope they release something to play, ahem test, soon. Practising voxel ship or base designs would be awesome.

Today I even logged into my 10 old eve online characters to look around. Hella confusing and it wasn't the same as before.

I, the Hill, eat the mines, nom nom nom.

Hurt each other, not me. You think this lush green grass grows itself?

Do it again and next time the Hill will eat you!

The Hill Chills.

"

My, my. The Hill lives...Now this leaves me in a tight spot. The Hill can eat people, but I still want to live this planet. Oh, well. 

I climb the Hill and sit down...again. At least, if I die, I'll resurrect before too long. 

Don't you eat me Hill. I'll mow your grass.

"

"

My, my. The Hill lives...Now this leaves me in a tight spot. The Hill can eat people, but I still want to live this planet. Oh, well. 

I climb the Hill and sit down...again. At least, if I die, I'll resurrect before too long. 

Don't you eat me Hill. I'll mow your grass.

"

call it a symbiotic relationship