When will the alpha be downloadable?

Batx

Like it's written on the forums, Kickstarter and everywhere:

First half of 2017

Sorry in advance,but could you kindly share the link containing this information?

I was personally really intrested in pledging for a silver - beta access pack but have no clue whatsoever on the release dates...

Sorry in advance,but could you kindly share the link containing this information?

I was personally really intrested in pledging for a silver - beta access pack but have no clue whatsoever on the release dates...

Look in any of the interviews, kickstarter updates, the game's website, or the numerous identical threads on the forum:

Alpha is first half of 2017.

Beta is first half of 2018.

Release is late 2018 or possibly early 2019.

I don't mean to be rude, but people post the same questions over and over again without bothering to look for the answers.

Welcome to the community by the way.

As the headline already says, can i already download the alpha or when will it be there? :) I purchaised the 130€ pack :)

regards

Batx

Hi, how come you did not notice any of the times it is mentioned the Alpha will be up in the first half of 2017? :P

It's in every other interview JC Baillie, the creative director of the game, has given :P

Welcome to the forums.

Look in any of the interviews, kickstarter updates, the game's website, or the numerous identical threads on the forum:

Alpha is first half of 2017.

Beta is first half of 2018.

Release is late 2018 or possibly early 2019.

I don't mean to be rude, but people post the same questions over and over again without bothering to look for the answers.

Welcome to the community by the way.

Well truth be told,i searched for a sticky or something relevant but couldn't find anything.

Sorry for having to put you through the trouble and also thank you for the response i really apreciate it! :)

It's a shame because the concept of Dual Universe is like my dream game but judging from this info,it seems that Beta won't be around for a very long time.

Well truth be told,i searched for a sticky or something relevant but couldn't find anything.

Sorry for having to put you through the trouble and also thank you for the response i really apreciate it! :)

It's a shame because the concept of Dual Universe is like my dream game but judging from this info,it seems that Beta won't be around for a very long time.

Good things take time to be developed. Last thing we want is ... EQ:N Landmark. >.> Just saying.

Yeah it is quite a long wait, although the time will pass fairly quickly. Like Twerk said: It will take time for the game to be developed if they are to develop it properly. It is quite an ambitious game, so there are a lot of development challenges to be overcome. A good portion of the time in Alpha will probably be spent finding things that need to be corrected/re-balanced. My recommendation is that if you do not want to get an Alpha pledge, but do want to be active in the community, find one of the groups here that are active in other games (Like Band of Outlaws for instance, but there are others) and play with them, get to know people, and pass the time.  

Good things take time to be developed. Last thing we want is ... EQ:N Landmark. >.> Just saying.

I understand Captain,it's just that i'm a little hesitant.

I have a history spending many years of my life,following certain ambitious Early Access Titles that resulted in disaster.

From what i can tell Novaquark is a fairly new studio in the industry with no previous projects.

I sure hope they prove to be trustworthy and deliver on their word. :)

Yeah it is quite a long wait, although the time will pass fairly quickly. Like Twerk said: It will take time for the game to be developed if they are to develop it properly. It is quite an ambitious game, so there are a lot of development challenges to be overcome. A good portion of the time in Alpha will probably be spent finding things that need to be corrected/re-balanced. My recommendation is that if you do not want to get an Alpha pledge, but do want to be active in the community, find one of the groups here that are active in other games (Like Band of Outlaws for instance, but there are others) and play with them, get to know people, and pass the time.  

Tbh,if the Alpha Access bundle had a lower price i wouldn't even give it a second thought and purchase right away!

But sadly a price of 120,goes way above my budget.

The best thing i can hope for is a discount on Christmas Sale.

Still,i absolutely love the concept of the game,so for the time being i guess i'll just stick around and follow the community here on the Forums! :)

From what i can tell Novaquark is a fairly new studio in the industry with no previous projects.

Taken straight from their crowdfunding video:

Alexandre Moufarek - Producer "During my years at Ubisoft, I had the chance of working with small and large teams, telling people working on game franchises as Watch Dogs and Ghost Recon, and was really an amazing experience and taking all of this with us, we're going to be building an amazing game in Dual Universe and today we will be telling you more about our game."

Etienne Baratte - Lead Network developer "I've been working for 10 years on large-scale distributed systems in MMO games as well as non-gaming applications. All the systems were pretty complex but Dual Universe is really on a different scale."

Sure, they might be new as a studio, but they've definitely got some experience behind them.

Or Starforge, or DayZ, or even Star Citizen in a sense.  (Re-writing an engine piece by piece to suite their needs, doesn't sound very efficient!  No matter how rewarding in the end).  Hopefully the framework is laid down already for Dual Universe :)

It's a shame because the concept of Dual Universe is like my dream game but judging from this info,it seems that Beta won't be around for a very long tim

Not really a long time considering the technology behind this game was started years ago (I think 3 or 4 if I remember right) ... so relatively we are in the last home stretch ...... or something. :D

I have a history spending many years of my life,following certain ambitious Early Access Titles that resulted in disaster.

Yeah, that is always a risk. It is definitely something that gave me pause before I backed the project, but I decided that they seem to be very honest about the state of the game and what they can/will do vs what they can't/won't. Like others have mentioned they have some very experienced people on their team. For me personally, the possibility of success is worth the risk of failure, and I (and I presume most of the other people here) will do whatever we can to help them succeed.

Like I said, the most important thing is not how much you can chip in, but joining in the community and participating in it. 

Or Starforge, or DayZ, or even Star Citizen in a sense.  (Re-writing an engine piece by piece to suite their needs, doesn't sound very efficient!  No matter how rewarding in the end).  Hopefully the framework is laid down already for Dual Universe :)

At this point, Star Citizen is more like an epic saga of development than an actual game I'm following. I follow its development, just to see all the struggle these people had gone through. In fact, Chris Roberts should have made a reality show out of their development cycle, it would bring like billions into the game. And yes, the framework is already laid down, unlike Star Citizne, NQ build an MMO from the get-go.

Well, that's why we're all happy their Kickstarter was successful and they will actually go for aa traditional Alpha test and not an "Alpha Access", which is a half-baked game sold for a quick buck. The subscription plan is also a reason I like the game's direction, but the traditional Alpha and Beta test showcase the team's focus on making a game, not a quick cashgrab.

Like it's written on the forums, Kickstarter and everywhere:

First half of 2017

"We aim to have a playable Alpha version open to a limited number of people in the second half of 2016. "

http://www.dualthegame.com/faq 

an idea how to get access to that?:)

cause now everyone are saying different things:)

regards

Batx

"We aim to have a playable Alpha version open to a limited number of people in the second half of 2016. "

http://www.dualthegame.com/faq 

an idea how to get access to that? :)

cause now everyone are saying different things:)

regards

Batx

I don't know what outdated info you have sir, but in every other interview, JC Baillie has stated the Alpha will being in 2017's first half.

Error 404, can't open it. Possible typo, or more likely: this game has been in development since 2011, so they might have just adapted that further

http://www.dualthegame.com/faq with me the page opens...  :)

Here the screen link: http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4547/r53sccqb_png.htm

just google dual the game faq ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Because most MMO-Projects normally take 1,5x-2x the time as initially announced to get developed just add 6-12 months to any given date to get a realistic estimate when we will see alpha, beta and release!

So I don't expect alpha to start before Q3/Q4 2017. Delays in MMO-development are the norm, not the exception.

I hope to be wrong though. But following MMOs for 15+years I have learned to take any announced dates, especially at the beginning of a project, as rough estimates only...

Because most MMO-Projects normally take 1,5x-2x the time as initially announced to get developed just add 6-12 months to any given date to get a realistic estimate when we will see alpha, beta and release!

So I don't expect alpha to start before Q3/Q4 2017. Delays in MMO-development are the norm, not the exception.

I hope to be wrong though. But following MMOs for 15+years I have learned to take any announced dates, especially at the beginning of a project, as rough estimates only...

Have to agree, especially with indie/crowdfunded MMOs.  The fact of the matter is, they haven't even started working with the actual servers they plan to work with.  Hiccups happen, hopefully now that they got some boosted funding... and a promise of interest in the game (ie.) hopefully more funding from further investors)... hopefully they can kick up the servers they actually hope to work with ^^

Or... perhaps they will wait awhile longer, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...