Fan Art Wallpaper of the Core Unit

DarkNovation

I just wanted to show my progression on a wallpaper for my pc of the core unit I have been working on, Most of the model is finished but I need to add small textures such as the "D" and the "dynamic core unity" text on the outside. Also planning to add some nano former effects floating around it (as seen in some of the published videos) and alter the colours and make some for the static cube unit.

Thoughts on which style would look better.

-Lighter Background Variant

0d5644f73c.png

-Darker Background Variant

0d553b0861.png

Both are very good, but to me, the core shows up better in the lighter one.  If it's possible, I would suggest having a darker background with a little more light on just the core itself.

Im trying to lighten the cube up atm but i need to play around with the noise in the final render to make it look decent. There are too many white pixels for me to be happy with the render aha

Im trying to lighten the cube up atm but i need to play around with the noise in the final render to make it look decent. There are too many white pixels for me to be happy with the render aha

Would a small amount of backlighting help? One of the parts which looks the best to me is the faint light reflecting off of the downward face of the front cube. It gives a strong sense of the light bouncing up off of the floor and just barely illuminating the edge of that face. A tiny about of back light might help to more clearly define the edges of the cubes.

Would a small amount of backlighting help? One of the parts which looks the best to me is the faint light reflecting off of the downward face of the front cube. It gives a strong sense of the light bouncing up off of the floor and just barely illuminating the edge of that face. A tiny about of back light might help to more clearly define the edges of the cubes.

"

Indeed, I agree. Something a bit subtle. Perhaps a faint and soft radial light of a complementary colour at the centre of the background?

"