However, we will give the opportunity for Kickstarter Backers to upgrade very soon, for a limited time.

That's nice to hear! But will you offer a "Double Gold" upgrade option for those who pledged for the Double Silver? I wanted it because I wanted to gift an account to my boyfriend (and have one myself), so I won't upgrade if it means giving up the second account.

And are you planning to give us the possibility to buy goodies separately? I would love to have some of those that are included in pledges higher than mine, but am not planning on buying the associated packs as a whole.

By the way guys, not sure if you look too deeply at the community site, but some small adjustments have been made it seems, to your profile atleast :P 

Including the orgs you are in, the founder status, etc. :D

sAh32Mn.png

This. I really wanted the info on what corp a player was in when looking at their profile, and now I can! Great work.

Love all the speedy replies, thanks for the information!

Incremental pledges may never happen, as you have stated.  So the ability to purchase DACs ala the Kickstarter will not be possible.  However, will you ever add "DAC packages" to the store?  A package of DACs you can purchase alongside the package you have.  This would allow those who are happy with their packages to continue to support the game ^^

Unless these area already a thing, and I'm just missing something haha.

Edit:
It's also entirely possible you guys are planning to add something like this in the store when we switch over to the January store.

Actually, we can buy DACs even now, but with creating an extra account. As an example, 60Euro pack with 11 DACs (5,45 each) + Beta Key.

Yes, that is more complicated and less flexible in choice. But still possible to get DACs +access for friends if it high enough.

The page looks great!  Kudos to your web developers :D 

I have a quick question.  My brother's kickstarter never got billed so he missed that somehow.  How long will these new packages be available? He will try again, but it will be a week or two before he can do that.   Need to know if there is a deadline like there was on the KS.

If NQ really wants to bring in more money, they should make it so that you buy DACs individually (at less than launch price, maybe like $8-$10) and have them added to the pool of DACs you will have when the game launches. That way people can just invest a little bit at a time over a longer period of time.

I would assume at some point they will have a cash shop or store where we can buy individual DACs and perhaps other (cosmetic) items.

I would assume at some point they will have a cash shop or store where we can buy individual DACs and perhaps other (cosmetic) items.

I really hope they stay clear of a cosmetics shop... it can really take away from the game in some cases.  However, I'm not saying it can't be done well.  Hopefully DACs will be enough to keep their coffers full ^^

I'm curious as to how dualthegame.com knows what I funded on kickstarter.com. The accounts share the same name yes, but the profiles are completely separate... Am I forgetting something?

I'm curious as to how dualthegame.com knows what I funded on kickstarter.com. The accounts share the same name yes, but the profiles are completely separate... Am I forgetting something?

Yessir, Kickstarter has a system in place where they can cater a survey for their backers.  This survey is through the Kickstarter web page, but we will be notified by e-mail... so no worries if you don't check the Kickstarter!  I imagine there will be a way to link your KS pledge to the actual site at this time.

No like my dual universe profile says I'm a silver backer. Which is exactly right. I'm wondering how it knows that. 

Huh, I'm curious what happens to those who have differing emails between here and the Kickstarter.  I imagine it can be changed on a singular basis though ^^

Have you gotten the email yet? Because you were supposed to enter in that email the email for this account, which enables dual to know what you got on the kickstarter account.

Have you gotten the email yet? Because you were supposed to enter in that email the email for this account, which enables dual to know what you got on the kickstarter account.

Hmm, which email?  I assume it was sent to the email linked to Kickstarter.  The last email I got was Nov 5th, the month in review type of email.

It appears my backer level is indeed linked to this account, so perhaps they only sent out emails to those who didn't have a forum account linked to the Kickstarter address.

I would like to ask question, which could be important for some members:

How long will be this early stage of crowdfunding? Do you have the date?

As I remember, there must be another stage, which will be more limited in choices and more expensive. So when the second stage would be started as well?

Thanks,

Archonious

We are not skipping anything.

Please understand that some questions might take a longer time to be answered than others as we need to discuss first with the people involved on the topic.

So to answer your question with the info we have at the moment: 

- No mockup of the Arkship Passenger ID Cards is ready enough to be presented, but as soon as we will have something decent to present, we will present it to the community.

- The will of upgrading (or not) depending of the Arkship Passenger ID Card appearance seems a bit strange as it hasn't been planned to create completely different ID Cards from one pledge tier to another: there will be some clear patterns common to all types of Arkship Passenger ID Cards, even if, of course we will include also differences in order to distinguish all the card types at first glance.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

I was looking at moving from a digital package to a physical one, upgrading from Gold to whatever isn't going to be affected by the physical goods, obviously.

Hey Nyz, I sent a message to you guys via kickstarter... I accidently made 2 mistakes on the survey... one of them being a different email than my Dual Account... reckon that can be changed so kickstarer is linked to this account?

Cheers,

Comrademoco

Hmm, which email?  I assume it was sent to the email linked to Kickstarter.  The last email I got was Nov 5th, the month in review type of email.

It appears my backer level is indeed linked to this account, so perhaps they only sent out emails to those who didn't have a forum account linked to the Kickstarter address.

The email didn't go out until today Nov 20th actually. Not sure what email the other poster was referring to (unless he got his yesterday) but the one that got sent out today has the survey for home address for the physical items, email that links KS and forum/NQ account (needs to be the same) and name reservation if have that perk.

I would like to ask question, which could be important for some members:

How long will be this early stage of crowdfunding? Do you have the date?

As I remember, there must be another stage, which will be more limited in choices and more expensive. So when the second stage would be started as well?

Thanks,

Archonious

"

A wonderful day to you, Archonious.

If I recall correctly, this stage of the crowdfunding will last till sometime the end of this year (2016). It is a chance for people who were unable to back through Kickstarter to make their contributions. 

The second stage of the campaign will start sometime next year-- hopefully, early next year -- for the rest of the interested player base. 

That one will be more expensive, as you rightly stated. 

Have a wonderful day.

"

Hi everyone! 

All the survey forms have been sent between Thursday the 17th of November and Sunday the 20th November.

If you didn't receive it, check in the spam folder of your mailbox.

If you still don't find it, please contact us at support@novaquark.com

On other topics:

- About the discounted prices on the Crowdfunding Portal and Kickstarter Pack upgrades:

If you have already bought a pack (either during the Kickstarter or since Friday the 18th November on our crowdfunding portal), you will see different discounted prices. This is the amount needed to upgrade your existing pack to a higher one. Keep in mind that it's not possible to upgrade a Kickstarter pledge yet, so the discounted price is there just for information purpose at the moment. We will inform the community as soon as the Kickstarter pledges will be upgradeable on our crowdfunding portal.

- About a "Swashbuckler Pledge" Pack:

Not sure what this is referring to... Would it be possible to develop?

- About a possible "Double Gold" Pack:

The Double Silver Pack at a discounted price was a Kickstarter Exclusive only.

We will look into a possible "Double Gold Pack" but we can't promise anything yet.

- About the possibility of buying seperately some rewards:

We will make the crowdfunding portal evolve as time pass.

We plan to introduce new modular pledges (add-ons) in 2017, but it's still a bit early to talk about it.

Later, we might open a store for physical goodies, but we can't promise anything yet.

- About technical problems and topics related to the survey form:

If you have encountered any technical problem on the crowdfunding portal or made some mistakes in the survey form, contact us at support@novaquark.com

- About how the Kickstarter account and Dual Universe account will be linked:

In the Kickstarter survey that has been sent last week, the first question asked (under the postal address) is the E-mail address you use (or you will use) for the Dual Universe account. It's critical to give an exact answer, as the Novaquark team won't have other mean to connect your Kickstarter account to your Dual Universe account.

- About how long will last this stage of crowdfunding:

If you are refering to the opportunity to buy packs quite similar to the Kickstarter ones or to upgrade a Kickstarter pledge, it should last a few months.

We can't give an exact date, but our current estimate about the phase end should be somewhere in January 2017.

As soon as we will have an exact date, we will inform the community about it.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi guys, 

Here are more details about the rules for the Character Name reservation: 

• It must be 3 to 20 characters long. 
  • Only A-Z, a-z, 0-9, space, hyphen-minus (or dash), single quotation and some accented letters are allowed. 
  • Allowed accented letters are: IÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖØÙÚÛÜÝÞĂĄĆČĎĘĚĞİŁŃŇŐŒŘŚŞŠŢŤŮŰŴŶŸŹŻŽȘȚẀẄẞỲiàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõöøùúûüýþăąćčďęěği̇łńňőœřśşšţťůűŵŷÿźżžșțẁẅßỳ 
  • Space, hyphen-minus and single quotation characters are not allowed as the first or last character. 
  • There cannot be two or more consecutive spaces, hyphen-minuses or single quotation characters.

For those who asked, it means you can create "First Name + Name" character names or "Nickname only" type if you prefer. 

Cheers, 

Nomad