Community portal feedback

nietoperek

Hi,

This is rather question to our community manager (I summon @NQ-Nyzaltar !), but you can respond too ;)

Community portal is fun and very interesting in terms of community growth, but it lacks some purely technical features - for me two main concerns are: impossibility to edit replies in topic, lack of customize titles for corp members (who is director, who is legate, who is line member and so on...) and "flat" structure of organisations - we already have have powerful coalitions, but they function like "normal" corporations, being different type.

I can point few more requests, but I rather would to know where I can address them? To special topic (like this one ;), PM Nyzaltar, or some other way? If someone can point me to right direction, I will be grateful.

PS: In absence of such topic about community website feedback, I think that we can temporally post our propositions here ;)

Yeah i'd prefer to be able to create our own titles and ranks, and as many of them as we need not a pre defined number of titles. But i believe the flat structure for orgs atm is they just wanted to get the community page out asap and will surely improve on it in the future.

...and we definetly need better supervision in community portal or at last some kind of teporting tool - I just stumbled upon on corp with... "questionable content" in description and I cannot report it directly to mods ;(

...and we definetly need better supervision in community portal or at last some kind of teporting tool - I just stumbled upon on corp with... "questionable content" in description and I cannot report it directly to mods ;(

I found two, actually, and sent one of them (by the time I did, two members max in that group) even a PM asking what they were thinking. Glancing over the rules it's obvious these groups would not persist long.

Would like to be able to send a message out to all members at once, because not everyone regularly comes to check the portal page for info, and messages on the page get quickly pushed down anyway.

Also looking forward to more ranks/titles. Generic like: officer, or be able to make your own.

• 1 month later...

About the community portal. I would really like to see some sort of control imposed over how much and what sort of content is acceptable for blasting posts with is.

Im not trying to specifically say anything about anyone, but rather I get tired of hopping in there to see the entire page filled to the brim with Star Wars propaganda. Can you build replica star destroyers or other SW themed things? Im sure it is possible to replicate said ships, to replicate that government, but this is nearly spam anymore.

Would it be ok for me to just take random pictures of a phoenix and add a few words like. Freedom through Flames!, Burn Brightly!, CA CAAW!
And spam it everyday just to fill up the featured posts? This daily spam has no relevance to DU, and constant non-DU and non-unique bombardment should be slown or halted.

Does anybody else have these sentiments?

I don't think it's so much what is shown (even a quick edit or original image from elsewhere), but at what frequency it is pumped into the system. In that sense I would agree.

You could argue in favor of it, but I personally am not fond of the whole "visibility at any cost" approach that surely exists (I saw a lot of this already in Star Citizen and believe me, Star Citizen is worse in terms of "visibility competition" due to the sheer size of players and orgs there - compared to it we're yet at "Blissful Island"). Can't help it but subconsciously assign negative attributes or traits to that approach.

But then again we'd have to argue about where the tipping point to "spam" or some inappropriate level or approach is, in fact. That is likely open for debate, just as the idea of a certain rule about this would be open for debate.

Are we thinking about a hard limit per day or else mod action could be a response? What level would be reasonable? What alternatives are present? What about technical measures, perhaps a script or similar can dynamically compensate a higher input my trying to mind "diversity" in what is shown? A "smart solution" so to speak? Unless that is already in place somehow.