Big-War-Day

Rioyter

I have a concept that maybe works. At one time in the game a new solar system is discovered. Everyone who wants can go to this universe to find there rare ores and rare stuff. After a little time the star in the solar systhem implodes and the world is automaticly reseted. But in the normal solar systhem everyone lives fine.

Yep, sandbox, emergent gameplay and all that. Having scripted, timed, instanced, reset events really goes against the spirit of a sandbox game.

If and when large battles happen and yes they will, it will be naturally and organically from the players. Its a special kind of naivety that thinks with all these large or any size Orgs that there won't be conflict. In fact id say the more and the bigger the more likely there will be tons of conflict and wars.

My guess is that there won't be a lot of all out war.  As in two or more orgs going at each other with the goal of complete annihilation.  I do hope it happens from time to time because it will probably be pretty awesome.

But i think what we will see is a lot of clashes over territory and resources.  Two or more orgs going into the same area and fighting it out until someone emerges victorious.

NovaQuark definitely shouldn't be orchestrating conflicts because that is pretty much the opposite of a Sandbox.  But it will be up to NQ to create mechanics that sort of encourage people to compete over things.

But for people looking for nothing but a quick purely PVP experience, i think there are plenty of other excellent games out there that provide that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Within the game war with no doubt exist, however I do like the idea of corporations having a more controlled environment in which to do battle. NQ probably won't regulate this but I can envision there being a tournament type of thing. Like every 10 solar years or whatever all the large corporations go to a specific sector free of civilian casualties and have a massive war, be it a capture the flag, king of the hill whatever, and by that determine a ranking of corporations. The reward of going and winning would be the respect you gain. Like if I were a raiding group selling black market goods. Would I ally myself with the 1st corporation the one who beat all the others or the 10th. So the incentive would be trading deals and stuff like that in addition to striking fear into others.

Within the game war with no doubt exist, however I do like the idea of corporations having a more controlled environment in which to do battle. NQ probably won't regulate this but I can envision there being a tournament type of thing. Like every 10 solar years or whatever all the large corporations go to a specific sector free of civilian casualties and have a massive war, be it a capture the flag, king of the hill whatever, and by that determine a ranking of corporations. The reward of going and winning would be the respect you gain. Like if I were a raiding group selling black market goods. Would I ally myself with the 1st corporation the one who beat all the others or the 10th. So the incentive would be trading deals and stuff like that in addition to striking fear into others.

Just organize such an event yourself, no need for NQ to do anything about it - emergent gameplay