Big-War-Day

Rioyter

Hey,

I have the idea to organize a BIG WAR.

With the idea of being like Star Wars.

With a big day of fight, where all the organisations can combine them to two big parties, that will fight on this day.

But to not completely destroy the experience of players the world have to be reset after this. So that the people don't need to start from the begin.

If there is a clear winner, they get a reward.

What do you think about this?

Sees star wars - nope

Also other problems with this, is cooperation, as well as the fact that no one will "likely" want to risk their ships, especially larger ones.

But...

It is a interesting idea, if everything can be gathered together for it.

I'm sure there will end up being some conflict and some war in Dual Universe.

But it's important to remember that Dual will definitely not be the kind of game where Nova Quark divides us up into teams and pits us against each other.  It's going to be up to us to come up with reasons to go to war.  Which i'm sure won't be a problem.

But the consequences are really important too.

I doubt there will be anything like a "world reset" other then for technical reasons maybe.

I think there are plenty of other games out there that are about dropping you into the middle of a war at just the right moment to see some action.

Dual is about the whole experience not just the conflict.

This isn't really in line with the vision of DU, which is emergent gameplay. 

If there is a legitimate reason for all organizations to clash thats fine, but I would prefer to see wars evolve naturally. 

Also reseting the world is definitely not something NQ wants to do post release. They want the world to have continuity.

You'll probably see a few really big orgs emerge once construct vs construct pvp becomes a thing, and inevitably there will be some alliances now and then and possibly some very large battles. EVE sees this kind of thing now and then, there is a huge battle that is entirely emergent. I think it would be fair to assume something like that will also be happening in DU now and then. too soon to tell what that might look like.

Sees star wars - nope

Also other problems with this, is cooperation, as well as the fact that no one will "likely" want to risk their ships, especially larger ones.

But...

It is a interesting idea, if everything can be gathered together for it.

You Love star wars Wilks!! 

While this idea will ultimately not become a NQ regulated thing (for reasons stated in above posts), I'd certainly like to see a "Universe War" where literally every org (or at least most) picks a side and absolutely massacres each other. It'd be a great thing to be a part of, that's for sure. Whether you're the victor or the loser, you'll prolly be remembered in DU history till the game no longer exists- if you achieve something crazy, anyways. Can't say everyone will get in the history book :P

Hey,

With a big day of fight, where all the organisations can combine them to two big parties, that will fight on this day.

But to not completely destroy the experience of players the world have to be reset after this. So that the people don't need to start from the begin.

While this will be annoying to organise and will most likely not happen. There will definitly be massive battles. You can already see divisions and hostalities between groups. A battle might go down something like this (Totally not shameless self promotion).

While this will be annoying to organise and will most likely not happen. There will definitly be massive battles. You can already see divisions and hostalities between groups. A battle might go down something like this (Totally not shameless self promotion).

Hostilities between groups? I can see hostilities within groups! :D

But yeah, nobody is gonna show up to a bloodbath, not willingly at least.

Hi first,

I personally think that we will have some war in DU. But between only two larger orgs.

From the strategic point, there will be at least two sides in DU. The Pirates and the Settlers.

There will be nearly no big battles because of coast per ship but a permanent war with smaller ships and

with tactics from modern guerrilla wars and the sea war of the second world war.

The pirates will nearly not attack decide which ships they attack and they will first attack lonely ships.

Maybe they only take the goods from the ship or maybe the whole ship or...

After some time there will be more and more trade convoys which later gets protected

from some special orgs or the military of some orgs.

Then we have the same situation like in World War II on the sea, where no one will win something.

From there it will be too speculative to say something. It is important to know that this is only one possible scenario of DU.

There could also be peace, what I prefer.

Yes you are right. I should explain my view of peace in DU. I just want that traders do not get engaged by well equipped forces. At least new player should have a signal that mark them as new and we should not attack them. Or it will be hard for them start something own.

Hey,

This could be fun in Alpha/Beta, when nothing matters, but in the actually release there is no way that all the orgs or even a large majority will show up to a pointless bloodbath. Wars and epic battles will happen but they will be emergent. 

And there will be no world resets. Things that get destroyed are gone for good

a completly peaceful world would be really boring. And Settlers could make less money

It would be really boring to you.

This is the only reason I really liked battlegrounds in WoW. I had the option to engage in PvP when I wanted to, on my terms. The rest of the time, I remained un-flagged and delightfully 'safe' in my heavy RP guild on one of the best RP servers there was.

And Star Trek Online lured me in with the dream of sailing off to undiscovered wonders....but everywhere I went, there was nothing but combat missions. It took less than a day before I shut the program off and never fired it up again.

For me, it was about options. I could enjoy my simple, peaceful life until I craved a bit of action. Once I'd had my fill, I could go back to my peaceful life. As long as a game can give me the option to engage in the kind of gameplay I'm looking for, I'll play it. As soon as I'm compelled to engage in something I don't find enjoyable, well...I've got better things to do with my time.

It would be really boring to you.

This is the only reason I really liked battlegrounds in WoW. I had the option to engage in PvP when I wanted to, on my terms. The rest of the time, I remained un-flagged and delightfully 'safe' in my heavy RP guild on one of the best RP servers there was.

And Star Trek Online lured me in with the dream of sailing off to undiscovered wonders....but everywhere I went, there was nothing but combat missions. It took less than a day before I shut the program off and never fired it up again.

For me, it was about options. I could enjoy my simple, peaceful life until I craved a bit of action. Once I'd had my fill, I could go back to my peaceful life. As long as a game can give me the option to engage in the kind of gameplay I'm looking for, I'll play it. As soon as I'm compelled to engage in something I don't find enjoyable, well...I've got better things to do with my time.

funny, same story here with SE. total boring crap - no fun at all with no pvp.

You have options though - stay in the safe zone. But you won't find rare minerals there to build a ship (or just buy them later on). NQ forces players to go outside (which is good btw - leaving your comfort zone), band together, form groups, protect each other,... to get those resources. Emergent gameplay and stuff

I generally like the idea of a mostly peaceful world. but I'm leader of a company, and making money is our main goal. And if no ships get destroyed, nobody would buy more than one or two ships. A totally peaceful world would be getting boring quick, while a total anarchy would be really frustrating. I hope that it will be something inbetween.