Beta test ?

Ares Splinter

There will be Alpha anytime between Jan - May of 2017 for those that pledged for it. There will be another opportunity to purchase Alpha access when they open their website store for it.

EDIT: I stand corrected, expect Alpha in Q2. 

Beta will follow closely behind the alpha release.

Normally (every time to my knowledge), the alpha and beta stages are not to "try" the game before the official release. These phases are instead supposed to allow more people and their own unique ways of playing the game to help discover bugs and imbalances in the game, hence the term "beta tester" and "alpha tester".

Normally (every time to my knowledge), the alpha and beta stages are not to "try" the game before the official release. These phases are instead supposed to allow more people and their own unique ways of playing the game to help discover bugs and imbalances in the game, hence the term "beta tester" and "alpha tester".

Very true.

And it's essential that everyone realises this if they are going to participate in the alpha stage of development. If you are not interested in shaping the game in some way by testing an incomplete product then you can get burnt out pretty quickly. I know I did with games like Elite Dangerous. Beta should be offering us something very close to a stable, feature complete game. And this is why I that that for many people, it would be better that they wait until at least the beta stages of the game dev and perhaps even a little after release.

I wonder how much disappointment and hassle would be avoided if people remembered this. 

There will be Alpha anytime between Jan - May of 2017 for those that pledged for it. There will be another opportunity to purchase Alpha access when they open their website store for it.

Beta will follow closely behind the alpha release.

It's been said many times that Alpha will not happen until after March. Saying Jan-May is misleading.

Alpha is expected in Q2 of 2017. 

I hadn't seen the DM21 GAming video with JC, thanks for sharing.

My input on this topic can only be that I really want to jump inthe game asap. 

I know you guys the feel the same. =)

Do you have a source? Not saying you're wrong, just for future reference.

In the KS comments (too many to sort through) and in a livestream where JC answered a bunch of questions. 

Don't have the time or desire to go hunting for it.

EDIT - NVM, someone linked it!