The Other Guys

I play EVE.

I love the politics, the market, and the depth of gameplay/social experience. I hope the same kind of epic stories come from DU, and I think they will. Perhaps even more so if DU is more customize-able, which it looks like it will be. Even the drama and intrigue that has arisen so far is impressive considering the game isn't even in alpha yet and people are having pseudo wars already haha. 

I dislike how entrenched things are in EVE. It is hard for a few people to come in and just make a little space for themselves without one of the larger groups wiping them out, which means that if you want to play you basically have to conform to the bigger groups. The world can also start to feel a bit small sometimes. I wish there was a way to go down on the planets as well, but that's a minor wish.

All in all it's a great game and I hope DU is as good as, if not better than, EVE.

Played EvE.

Didn't like that I don't live in the US so had no people to play with consistently, as 99% of the regulars online are in America, and the others were too intermittent. Ended up flying solo and with a small squad defensive patrols around friendly systems saving the carebears from reds in NRDS space, which I loved doing, (and I know isn't for everyone, but I felt the first contact with 'unknowns' to figure out if they were potentially red or not while strictly abiding to NRDS rules, added that bit of adrenaline and made me an overall better pilot). Sadly that meant little chance of participation in large scale operations, and ultimately, I would still be playing if the alliance didn't end up crashing and burning.

Eve was my dream game and I played it for years, the high point flying with Celestial Apocalypse. I just burned it out eventually. It was too much of a time sink, and I disliked jumping through gate after gate to get somewhere.

NMS was interesting at first, but it was too repetitive, the story was anticlimactic. Just a glorified tech demo.

I'm hoping DU will take what I like from Eve and Space Engineers and combine them, without the stuff I don't like.

I've been playing Vendetta Online for about 2 years now, it's a tiny indie game that's been online since 2002 and has the best twitch combat for spaceships in any game I've ever played.  It's available on every conceivable platform but IOS and has full VR support.

13 Year EvE veteran, retiring on the 15th of November though. I do not want to deal with all the squeakers free to play will bring, and their COD mentalities.

Yeah we will see how that works out ... I'm am anxious to see how the F2P option works out.

Here's a game that I have played through EA and it just released this week.  Maybe I have been playing it too much the past 24 hours but the menu song is peacefully addicting.

Oh yeah and it is a good game at $25 on steam. You create your own armor, weapons, vehicles, create settlements assign people, really cool for those waiting for DU's alpha!

13 Year EvE veteran, retiring on the 15th of November though. I do not want to deal with all the squeakers free to play will bring, and their COD mentalities.

Wait wat?!?!?

Eve Online ... F2P????  Oil and vinegar don't mix.  What next, cats sleeping with dogs .... hell freezes over .... .....