organization/clan banking?

Dargotrox

Not read or seen anything about this so its an idea/question.  Should organizations be able to have there own bank where all members can add to or where taxes auto go.  

To further my thoughts on this ,I'd like to see a system where players within the organization have farmed materials, elements etc, when farmed or created auto deposited into the clans bank(this of course is an option check box or slider bar or possible even a tech upgrade within the clan).

Why would we ever want something like this?  Well as a player do you need those ten thousand bronze ores? or could those go to constructors/builders?  In the end they get what they need and you get better gear out of it.

While I understand large organized groups will have no problem handing the mats over to who ever needs them it would simply be nice to have them auto deposited to a central clan banking system then handed out by admin/bankers to where the clan needs them the most.

In the end its to allow the idea that a single large group can excel over individual units with the right management.

Not read or seen anything about this so its an idea/question.  Should organizations be able to have there own bank where all members can add to or where taxes auto go.  

From what i can tell from reading old topics and some dev blogs the answer to your question is yes. Organizations will be able to create their own private banks if they wish so with some level of automation. 

For example: you work for a mining company and you have an account in their bank that gets a daily salary. After X amount of hours a cut from the main bank gets transferred to your account under your name in the same bank for you to use. So more or less similar to real life.

whether the currency in particular is backed by a type of element (resource) or some form of "fiat" money it really depends on who runs the bank.

Regarding the second topic its also a yes. its all emergent game play after all and very flexable. I cant really add more of my input into this since you pretty much kinda answered your own question. All the things you have mentioned here are all very much possible and doable with the direction the devs are bringing DU towards. 

You can script Elements, items like boxes, terminals, etcetera. This way you can script a terminal, link it with a giant vault of a box and have a script acting like a rent-space service for your items and goods on a planet, therefore, banks.

Why would you go into a bank like that? Well, because you drop stuff upon death, or you need a safe place to save your goodies before coming back for them after a dangerous trip. And I expect bankers to have security in check for such things, so they can maintain their integirty and good name, cause them vaults are stealable, possibly with a tow-truck, maybe with the help of a little of TNT.

I'm not sure if we're going to have a physical in-game money that are tangible. If so, I think it would be fun to put them in cargo containers and make like a vault for something to "protect" it.

That is an option one can allegorise to the real life practise of "hiding under the mattress". But a player-run bank with possible return interest on your money is quite the possibility as well. An in-game stock exchange investment similar to an "Auction House" approach.

That is an option one can allegorise to the real life practise of "hiding under the mattress". But a player-run bank with possible return interest on your money is quite the possibility as well. An in-game stock exchange investment similar to an "Auction House" approach.

This is true but there is the eve trust thing all over again. Have you ever been to jita (the trade hub of eve)? the chat was horribly spammed with scammers saying give me 1 mil and I'll give you 2 mil back! 

This is true but there is the eve trust thing all over again. Have you ever been to jita (the trade hub of eve)? the chat was horribly spammed with scammers saying give me 1 mil and I'll give you 2 mil back! 

This is where the organisation banking comes in. War profiteering is a real thing :P And yes, I've heard of EVE's... uhm, illustrious career options :P

This is where the organisation banking comes in. War profiteering is a real thing :P And yes, I've heard of EVE's... uhm, illustrious career options :P

Well i know you have we are having a convo about it in another thread after all  :P.