PurpleAnt

So I was thinking, where would we respawn? In the book it says that we would respawn on the Arkship thanks to the Resurrection Node. So if we respawned at the Arkship, we would pretty much have to start over unless your friend can pick you up in a ship. I was thinking, what if there was a Resurrection Node element that you could add to a base? Now, I know what you're thinking fellow forum user.

​RandomForumUser26, the second after thread was published, said:

omfg ur dum den wat wud hapen if i raed base, den i wud be figting a lots of enemis becuz thei wil respun ovr an ovr.

Well, to counter this argument.

1. Building a Resurrection Node should be decently expensive
  2. You should have to build one Resurrection Node per person
  3. You should have an option on death to either "Respawn at Arkship" or "Respawn at Resurrection Node"
  4. You should only be able to have one Resurrection Node in use at a time.
  5. Respawning at your Resurrection Node should take time, because I'm pretty sure printing a human takes more than one second, so let's just say 1-2 minutes and respawning on the Arkship would be instant because of the superior technology.
  6. You should only be able place a resurrection node on a base, not a small ship. So maybe you can only place it on a construct with over a certain amount of voxels.

That's just my idea for respawning, don't be like RandomForumUser26(can we make him into a meme on the forums?).  :D

The associated DevBlog explains it best.

Res Nodes are military grade Elements, hence, very expensive.

They take a long time to be charged up and eat power like nobody else when respawning someone.

They are not printers, they are quantum probabilistic machines, what that means, is that they snatch you from the multiverse you died and respawn you in them like a interdimensional teleporter.

When you die, you respawn to your nearest RN you got access to. If the RN is depleted of power, you res to your next accessible RN.

You don't get a chocie as of where to respawn into. The Arkship is siimply the final respawn location for everyone.

There's no restriction as of where you can place a resurrection node. Only how much power you can keep feeding it. YOu know , explorers need a safety net in case an animal gets them.

A carrier ship could essentially be a flying base, so when pilots die they respawn on it and take off in a star-fighter again, until either the star-fighters are depleted or the RN is depleted. My bet would be on a the star-fighters depleting first and the carrier ship acting as a mobile battleship and staging area for ground forces.

Cheers.

The associated DevBlog explains it best.

Res Nodes are military grade Elements, hence, very expensive.

They take a long time to be charged up and eat power like nobody else when respawning someone.

They are not printers, they are quantum probabilistic machines, what that means, is that they snatch you from the multiverse you died and respawn you in them like a interdimensional teleporter.

When you die, you respawn to your nearest RN you got access to. If the RN is depleted of power, you res to your next accessible RN.

You don't get a chocie as of where to respawn into. The Arkship is siimply the final respawn location for everyone.

There's no restriction as of where you can place a resurrection node. Only how much power you can keep feeding it. YOu know , explorers need a safety net in case an animal gets them.

A carrier ship could essentially be a flying base, so when pilots die they respawn on it and take off in a star-fighter again, until either the star-fighters are depleted or the RN is depleted. My bet would be on a the star-fighters depleting first and the carrier ship acting as a mobile battleship and staging area for ground forces.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info :D

maybe respawning at the arkship won't be so bad. For instance maybe the arkship will have a shop and we will be able to buy the things we need to build a little speeder to get back to where we were (starmade style). or maybe it will just be an interesting way to make it more of an accomplishment to have a base farther away. It will certainly make new players more cautious. 

perhaps towns can crop up and charge access to their res point so people can update along the way.

maybe respawning at the arkship won't be so bad. For instance maybe the arkship will have a shop and we will be able to buy the things we need to build a little speeder to get back to where we were (starmade style). or maybe it will just be an interesting way to make it more of an accomplishment to have a base farther away. It will certainly make new players more cautious. 

perhaps towns can crop up and charge access to their res point so people can update along the way.

OR, park your a ship on the Arkship, just in case. Not anything fancy, just to get you back out there.

Also, I don't think "public" res nodes will be available, because of the possibility of someone building an arkship inside a protection bubble and traping people in it.

So yeah. Res Nodes are for organisations only. So it's an incentive to join one due to that.

OR, park your a ship on the Arkship, just in case. Not anything fancy, just to get you back out there.

Also, I don't think "public" res nodes will be available, because of the possibility of someone building an arkship inside a protection bubble and traping people in it.

So yeah. Res Nodes are for organisations only. So it's an incentive to join one due to that.

It will probably be easier to have backup ships near the arkship early in the game, but when the arkzone gets crowded... it might be profitable to make highrise parking garages for backup ships.  I expect that there will always be a profit in passenger services from the arkworld to other major hub systems.  When you die you keep your money so if you're wealthy enough you could just buy a ship, but you'd have to wait for it to be manufactured.