Trauma Mechanics and Emergent Gameplay Consequences.

I won't go into details as of what Battle Fatigue is in real life, although THIS sums it up pretty nicely.

The TL ; DR version, is that a person loses efficiency, in a statistical way, depending on the amount of battle and / or injuries they have accumulated (along with other things, that are too dark to elaborate).

This can be emulated with a Trauma mechanism in the game, so death has some consequences that go beyond material loss and punish people who actually went looking for trouble, as well as make assassins something more than just glorified bounty hunters.

This suggestion covers :

1. The logic behind it.
2. The suggestion of a powers system on a timer.
3. Ways to overcome it faster via emergent gameplay and player interaction.

Without further ado, here we go.

1. The Logic Behind It.

Discouraging mindless PvP and turning the game into a bloodbath. While a Bounty System is welcome as a precaution, as a good fella in Discord pointed out "I am not worried about the Bounty System, it will only bring more content for me as a PvPer, it's a reward for PKing people more than anything". 

So how do you make that person think twice before going after you? What prevents them from going into a killing spree?

That would be a skillpoints loss system, right?

Well, wrong. Skillpoints are like your money in-game, they are there as a "save" button, they are there to signify your progress and "power", in an abstract way. They should be secured.

But what if there was a way to take away efficiency, without taking away skillpoints? And well, money are meant to be spent anyways.

That would be the Trauma mechanic.

2. Powers on a Timer.

If a person dies once, they suffer a Trauma debuff, that is chipping away a percentage of their attributes, which are linked to the skill training system, as skills are operating on increasing the bonuses of a person's attributes, while attributes are there to justify how fast a person learns skills and what skills they can learn.

For this suggestion, the percentage loss for the first death off of a person's attributes, is 1%. I know it sounds very small, but it's for ease of understanding more than anything.

When a person dies, they suffer the Battle Trauma debuff, which is on a timer of 10 minutes. It sounds very little for one death, BUT, if you die again within that timer, your Trauma increases in duration and intensity.

The equation for the timer is :

(BattleFatigue-Timer)^(times of death)

While the Efficiency Loss beyond the first death, is :

[ (Efficiency Loss Percentage) + 2(times of death) ] / 100

This means for the first death, the equation is :

(10 minutes)^1

Timer is 10 minutes. No biggie, 10 minutes with 1% attributes loss. That will make your 100 Strength character have 99 Strength, who cares, right? Well, thing is, certain skills, require certain attributes, and attiributes assuming the Devs went the EVE way) take time to learn depending on your attributes. So a 1%, equates to a certain extension of the training timer to fill up.

But if you die AGAIN (somehow you fell off the stairs or something, I'm a Twerkmotor, not a fortune teller) within 10 minutes, the timer begins to look something like this :

(10 Minutes)^2

[1 + 2(2) ] / 100

So, you got 100 minutes of Trauma, at 5% efficiency ratio. It's still fine, it's 1 hour 40 minutes of 5% less effciency, it's not something devastating, it's not the end of the world. Maybe you'll log out anyways, and by the morning you will be feeling fiiiiiiiiine.

But somehow, you die again within the timer ( Fail Hard 2 : Fail Harder , Evil Stair had its way again).

Timer begins to look something more like ... erm, this : 

(10 minutes)^3

[1+ 2(3) ] / 100

I'll save you the hassle, that timer is about 2/3 of a day long and it is for a 7% efficiency loss. You might say, "that's not too bad, it's only 7%", but then again, that equates to skill training taking longer, so that one week, is more like 2 weeks more on a high level skill. It is punishing :|

But for some unknown reason, you went for the lucky 4th time in a row and died.

That would be 1 week worth of trauma, for 9% efficiency loss.

But no worries, Emergent Gameplay is here for you. Time to get to the Doc Mitchell's house to patch your noggins up (if you get the referrence, you are Cazador-proof then).

Many a person in these forums, have asked if they can build medical centers. Well, with the Trauma suggestion, they can be part of the gameplay in more ways than just a med-kit vending machine.

A medical skills trained person, has the ability to reduce or even remove the Trauma, via the level of their training and of course, the material costs behind it, either by producing medicine that can counteract the effects of Battle Fatigue that cost a lot, depending on their effectiveness, or via Elements that heal the injured fella.

The twist is, Doctors can only affect Physical attributes, like strength, endurance, agility and dexterity.

But I hear you say "but what about Mental attributes?". 

Enter the Bar. No really, there should be bar in the game :|

Not exactly bars, but alcohol can be used to reduce the Trauma timer for Mental attributes, like memory, charisma, intelligence and perception.  The twist is, you can't get too much alcohol at once, otherwise you get poison damage (because logic) and also, you get withdrawl, which affects your physical attributes in a very very minor way compared to Trauma.

This will reinforce the social aspect of the game, having people take time to chill as they wait for their Trauma debuff to wear off, possibly in a bar in-game, or by drinking on their own. Can't force people to have social interactions if they don't want to.

Afterthoughts.

This will also create venues for players of more ... RPish backgrounds, to have a legit reason for being in a bar, rather than w/e RP people do ( I don't know, I'm not a turbonerd :| ) , as well as hospitals being legit places to be built and of course, NOT being attacked via interfactional agreements on Laws of War (if there are any).

This opens up also the economic and politic aspect of the game. Logistics for war, take a whole new meaning. A person that does not die and has a high KD, becomes recognised in their organisation as Cost Efficient, as that guy or gal is melting people without dying, not requiring new armor every time after dying and of course, not costing a heckton on Trauma therapy, not to mention, their character being drunk or in alcohol withdrawl debuff, that needs another medicine to make it go away.

This also opens up the Drugs Industry in the game. Drugs are much cheaper to make than high-tech medicine, but they cause you SEVERE withdrawl effects (gotta send the message out there people, not everything is as harmless as weed). The Empire of Baconstone, may have an issue with its troops being unreliable bacause of them drugs they use to avoid paying for real medicine that's non-addictive, therefore banning them, thus needing them smugglers to fly in to capitalise in that sweet sweet revenue of illegal tradings. It's far more a legit and organic way of banning drugs in-game, rather than "I wantz drugz illegalz by Devz".

Politics though are not limited to that. The good ol' tactic of "STORM THAT HILL, THROW MORE MEAT INTO THE ENEMY'S GRINDER" takes in DIMINISHING RETURNS. Every time your soldiers die, they lose their armor, and they lose efficiency. You may have the money to support their armors, but the medicine costs begin to pile up.

Defenders become more weary and they are on an efficiency level as well. 

If a faction relies in attrition warfare, they will have to tax people who are not in their fleets or armies, thus politics, take off on a whole new level, as people start protesting on the Protection Bubbles having more Rent, sales taxes going up and in general, Emergent Gameplay of rebellions.

It's a mechanic that branches everywhere. 

I won't go into details as of what Battle Fatigue is in real life, although THIS sums it up pretty nicely.

The TL ; DR version, is that a person loses efficiency, in a statistical way, depending on the amount of battle and / or injuries they have accumulated (along with other things, that are too dark to elaborate).

This can be emulated with a Trauma mechanism in the game, so death has some consequences that go beyond material loss and punish people who actually went looking for trouble, as well as make assassins something more than just glorified bounty hunters.

This suggestion covers :

1. The logic behind it.

2. The suggestion of a powers system on a timer.

Without further ado, here we go.

1. The Logic Behind It.

Discouraging mindless PvP and turning the game into a bloodbath. While a Bounty System is welcome as a precaution, as a good fella in Discord pointed out "I am not worried about the Bounty System, it will only bring more content for me as a PvPer, it's a reward for PKing people more than anything". 

So how do you make that person think twice before going after you? What prevents them from going into a killing spree?

That would be a skillpoints loss system, right?

Well, wrong. Skillpoints are like your money in-game, they are there as a "save" button, they are there to signify your progress and "power", in an abstract way. They should be secured.

But what if there was a way to take away efficiency, without taking away skillpoints? And well, money are meant to be spent anyways.

That would be the Trauma mechanic.

2. Powers on a Timer.

If a person dies once, they suffer a Trauma debuff, that is chipping away a percentage of their attributes, which are linked to the skill training system, as skills are operating on increasing the bonuses of a person's attributes, while attributes are there to justify how fast a person learns skills and what skills they can learn.

For this suggestion, the percentage loss for the first death off of a person's attributes, is 1%. I know it sounds very small, but it's for ease of understanding more than anything.

When a person dies, they suffer the Battle Trauma debuff, which is on a timer of 10 minutes. It sounds very little for one death, BUT, if you die again within that timer, your Trauma increases in duration and intensity.

The equation for the timer is :

(BattleFatigue-Timer)^(times of death)

While the Efficiency Loss beyond the first death, is :

[ (Efficiency Loss Percentage) + 2(times of death) ] / 100

This means for the first death, the equation is :

(10 minutes)^1

Timer is 10 minutes. No biggie, 10 minutes with 1% attributes loss. That will make your 100 Strength character have 99 Strength, who cares, right? Well, thing is, certain skills, require certain attributes, and attiributes assuming the Devs went the EVE way) take time to learn depending on your attributes. So a 1%, equates to a certain extension of the training timer to fill up.

But if you die AGAIN (somehow you fell off the stairs or something, I'm a Twerkmotor, not a fortune teller) within 10 minutes, the timer begins to look something like this :

(10 Minutes)^2

[1 + 2(2) ] / 100

So, you got 100 minutes of Trauma, at 5% efficiency ratio. It's still fine, it's 1 hour 40 minutes of 5% less effciency, it's not something devastating, it's not the end of the world. Maybe you'll log out anyways, and by the morning you will be feeling fiiiiiiiiine.

But somehow, you die again within the timer ( Fail Hard 2 : Fail Harder , Evil Stair had its way again).

Timer begins to look something more like ... erm, this : 

(10 minutes)^3

[1+ 2(3) ] / 100

I'll save you the hassle, that timer is about 1 week long and it is for a 7% efficiency loss. You might say, "that's not too bad, it's only 7%", but then again, that equates to skill training taking longer, so that one week, is more like 2 weeks more on a high level skill. It is punishing :|

But no worries, Emergent Gameplay is here for you. Time to get to the Doc Mitchell's house to patch your noggins up (if you get the referrence, you are Cazador-proof then).

Many a person in these forums, have asked if they can build medical centers. Well, with the Trauma suggestion, they can be part of the gameplay in more ways than just a med-kit vending machine.

A medical skills trained person, has the ability to reduce or even remove the Trauma, via the level of their training and of course, the material costs behind it, either by producing medicine that can counteract the effects of Battle Fatigue that cost a lot, depending on their effectiveness, or via Elements that heal the injured fella.

The twist is, Doctors can only affect Physical attributes, like strength, endurance, agility and dexterity.

But I hear you say "but what about Mental attributes?". 

Enter the Bar. No really, there should be bar in the game :|

Not exactly bars, but alcohol can be used to reduce the Trauma timer for Mental attributes, like memory, charisma, intelligence and perception.  The twist is, you can't get too much alcohol at once, otherwise you get poison damage (because logic) and also, you get withdrawl, which affects your physical attributes in a very very minor way compared to Trauma.

This will reinforce the social aspect of the game, having people take time to chill as they wait for their Trauma debuff to wear off, possibly in a bar in-game, or by drinking on their own. Can't force people to have social interactions if they don't want to.

Afterthoughts.

This will also create venues for players of more ... RPish backgrounds, to have a legit reason for being in a bar, rather than w/e RP people do ( I don't know, I'm not a turbonerd :| ) , as well as hospitals being legit places to be built and of course, NOT being attacked via interfactional agreements on Laws of War (if there are any).

This opens up also the economic and politic aspect of the game. Logistics for war, take a whole new meaning. A person that does not die and has a high KD, becomes recognised in their organisation as Cost Efficient, as that guy or gal is melting people without dying, not requiring new armor every time after dying and of course, not costing a heckton on Trauma therapy, not to mention, their character being drunk or in alcohol withdrawl debuff, that needs another medicine to make it go away.

This also opens up the Drugs Industry in the game. Drugs are much cheaper to make than high-tech medicine, but they cause you SEVERE withdrawl effects (gotta send the message out there people, not everything is as harmless as weed). The Empire of Baconstone, may have an issue with its troops being unreliable bacause of them drugs they use to avoid paying for real medicine that's non-addictive, therefore banning them, thus needing them smugglers to fly in to capitalise in that sweet sweet revenue of illegal tradings. It's far more a legit and organic way of banning drugs in-game, rather than "I wantz drugz illegalz by Devz".

Politics though are not limited to that. The good ol' tactic of "STORM THAT HILL, THROW MORE MEAT INTO THE ENEMY'S GRINDER" takes in DIMINISHING RETURNS. Every time your soldiers die, they lose their armor, and they lose efficiency. You may have the money to support their armors, but the medicine costs begin to pile up.

Defenders become more weary and they are on an efficiency level as well. 

If a faction relies in attrition warfare, they will have to tax people who are not in their fleets or armies, thus politics, take off on a whole new level, as people start protesting on the Protection Bubbles having more Rent, sales taxes going up and in general, Emergent Gameplay of rebellions.

It's a mechanic that branches everywhere. 

That was exactly my idea, also including ways for the trauma healers to buff you beyond your base skill level and maybe improve your skill training speed for a certain amount of time.

That was exactly my idea, also including ways for the trauma healers to buff you beyond your base skill level and maybe improve your skill training speed for a certain amount of time.

Hmm, that would be the job for implants, like in EVE, you get implants that buff your attributes. So a doctor that has engineering skills as well, can make implants (which are QUITE EXPENSIVE) that also, drop on death, because they are gear essentially and the Res Nodes would hold data as of your body and the implant they keep track of in your brain, the same reason lore-wise why items drop.

Buffs should be kept for Command Skills, that if you are in a group with a Commander, you get bonuses on aiming and all that, while an negineer can buff your shields or replenish power to your shields, which would make the engineer the healr essentialy for a group of people in a party. Doctors should be there to apply medical aid for the Heatlh Points of a person, so you got two support roles out of two different skill trees.

Also, a Cost Efficient soldier would be prioritised for those implants (as they are costly), as that person would be a sure bet on suriving a battle, so why not make them power powerful via implants? :P

I like it. I think it will also decrease the amount of people starting wars for no reason(we all know someone is going to start a war for no reason). And in SE, what people would do is store all their materials and fly over to someone's base to scout it out, not caring if they died because they would just respawn on their ship.

I like it. I think it will also decrease the amount of people starting wars for no reason(we all know someone is going to start a war for no reason). And in SE, what people would do is store all their materials and fly over to someone's base to scout it out, not caring if they died because they would just respawn on their ship.

I assume people know that Res Nodes eat up power like a chubby kid eating candy. Nobody will sacrifice their pretty empire and cities for shits and giggles IMO. It would be usually some form of misunderstanding, some top notich ship captain skirmishing on borders, then whole thing goes downhill. Or perhaps economy may be the reason. One faction having more money than the other via its location, thus one faction invading to get more money into its territory. As always, war never changes.

...Nobody will sacrifice their pretty empire and cities for shits and giggles IMO. It would be usually some form of misunderstanding, some top notich ship captain skirmishing on borders, then whole thing goes downhill. Or perhaps economy may be the reason. One faction having more money than the other via its location, thus one faction invading to get more money into its territory. As always, war never changes.

Or someone behind the scenes pulling the strings... (not me, definitely not me, the guy in charge of a spy agency <.<  >.>)

This will also create venues for players of more ... RPish backgrounds, to have a legit reason for being in a bar, rather than w/e RP people do ( I don't know, I'm not a turbonerd :| ) , as well as hospitals being legit places to be built.

[...]

thus needing them smugglers to fly in to capitalise in that sweet sweet revenue of illegal tradings. It's far more a legit and organic way of banning drugs in-game, rather than "I wantz drugz illegalz by Devz".

At first reading through I thought "sure Twerk, I guess it's a little interesting to make death count", but these two bits were the big selling point for me. Giving a good reason to build more diverse buildings in cities (now they'll be masses of warehouses, the occasional apartment block, and a hospital with a bar :P ) and giving a smuggler more things to smuggle makes the world interesting. Also gives drugs a reason to be considered drugs rather than just arbitrarily banned medicine.

At first reading through I thought "sure Twerk, I guess it's a little interesting to make death count", but these two bits were the big selling point for me. Giving a good reason to build more diverse buildings in cities (now they'll be masses of warehouses, the occasional apartment block, and a hospital with a bar :P ) and giving a smuggler more things to smuggle makes the world interesting. Also gives drugs a reason to be considered drugs rather than just arbitrarily banned medicine.

Best Hospital = Bar Hospital.

I mean, why waste alcohol distribution :P

• 3 months later...
I think this idea is great!

I would even go a step further and complement the idea of ​​CaptainTwerkmotor. In my opinion, PvP is something that should be full of risks. It should be sensible and well thought out when you attack someone.

I think the most useful thing that you could do here would be some sort of reputation system.

I am firmly convinced that this should be a balance in the game to change the PvP. Sometimes there is a bigger, sometimes a smaller risk.

But let me explain more so you get an idea:

From a neutral point of view, the defeated party would have the described trauma mechanics.

Let's say I have a crew on my ship. The space ship is called AVALON. My team has specialized in piracy. We attack everything that gets in our way. AVALON, our construct in this example, usually performs the first strike. And we also destroy every ship we can attack.

Now comes the highlight:

Both AVALON (the construct) and the crew are gained a reputation. How will this happen?

To increase the reputation, the prerequisites must be fulfilled. That could be anything. In this example, 50 hits must be executed and 10 ships destroyed in order to get a title / reputation. Let's call this title rogue.

AVALON and the crew are now rogues. What now?

The developed reputation / title is now known in the universe. The radars recognize the ship name. Hackers could write a script in Lua to conceal the construct for the radar display, for example. Trauma Mechanics for rouges would be 25% higher as they have deliberately chosen the fight in the past.

For a bounty hunter mission, I would put it as followed:

- A rogue is on the list = 50% higher trauma mechanics than on neutral

- A neutral victim is on the list = 25% higher traume mechans than on neutral

- The neutral hunter accepts the mission = 25% higher trauma mechanics than on neutral

- The rogue hunter accepts the mission = 50% higher traume mechanics than on neutral

It would be an interesting cat and mouse game.

The title of Rogue would be kept until a tick is removed. Even then it does not jump immediately to neutral but must fulfill requirements.

Example:

- Accept a bounty hunter mission and eliminate the victim. Or

- wait 1 weeks real time.

Numbers serve as placeholders to get the general idea behind it.

It offers 3 things that I feel as important:

- Where a cause occurs, an effect is visible. - Rogue title

- You are classified as a threat - you will make a name for yourself in PvP.

- Bounty missions are a challenge for attackers and victims - your name is not written on the list for no reason. Is it worth the risk?

I think this idea is great!

I would even go a step further and complement the idea of ​​CaptainTwerkmotor. In my opinion, PvP is something that should be full of risks. It should be sensible and well thought out when you attack someone.

I think the most useful thing that you could do here would be some sort of reputation system.
I am firmly convinced that this should be a balance in the game to change the PvP. Sometimes there is a bigger, sometimes a smaller risk.

But let me explain more so you get an idea:

From a neutral point of view, the defeated party would have the described trauma mechanics.

Let's say I have a crew on my ship. The space ship is called AVALON. My team has specialized in piracy. We attack everything that gets in our way. AVALON, our construct in this example, usually performs the first strike. And we also destroy every ship we can attack.

Now comes the highlight:
Both AVALON (the construct) and the crew are gained a reputation. How will this happen?
To increase the reputation, the prerequisites must be fulfilled. That could be anything. In this example, 50 hits must be executed and 10 ships destroyed in order to get a title / reputation. Let's call this title rogue.

AVALON and the crew are now rogues. What now?

The developed reputation / title is now known in the universe. The radars recognize the ship name. Hackers could write a script in Lua to conceal the construct for the radar display, for example. Trauma Mechanics for rouges would be 25% higher as they have deliberately chosen the fight in the past.

For a bounty hunter mission, I would put it as followed:
- A rogue is on the list = 50% higher trauma mechanics than on neutral
- A neutral victim is on the list = 25% higher traume mechans than on neutral
- The neutral hunter accepts the mission = 25% higher trauma mechanics than on neutral
- The rogue hunter accepts the mission = 50% higher traume mechanics than on neutral

It would be an interesting cat and mouse game.

The title of Rogue would be kept until a tick is removed. Even then it does not jump immediately to neutral but must fulfill requirements.

Example:
- Accept a bounty hunter mission and eliminate the victim. Or
- wait 1 weeks real time.

Numbers serve as placeholders to get the general idea behind it.

It offers 3 things that I feel as important:
- Where a cause occurs, an effect is visible. - Rogue title
- You are classified as a threat - you will make a name for yourself in PvP.
- Bounty missions are a challenge for attackers and victims - your name is not written on the list for no reason. Is it worth the risk?

Well, as far as reputation goes, NQ could core a very simple thing, enagement, lifespan and KD ratio.

Example :

Cpt. Twerkmotor

Days Awoken (from lore's cryosleep) : 76 Days (this is the character's age)

150 Combat Engagements

Average Lifespan : 15 days

K/D : 15

That means, that every fifteen days, I kill 15 people, and die once. It's an average approximation.

But my 150 Engagements, means that I attack a lot of people or ships.

The game has no "NPC reputations", i.e. the Arkships give zero Fs as of if you are a pirate or not :P .

Also, you need to understand the bounty system. It's not a "one time off". If anything is to be taken out of the Devs interviews, is that they have been inspired by EVE on many things and I'd say they CAN use the EVE bounty system, which in itself is brutal if someone has a lot of in-game money and a really serious grudge.

I.E. I place a bounty on your head. My bounty on a kill, is 500,000 SpaceBucks on you BUT, the total pool of money, is 5,000,000 SpaceBucks, meaning, that people have to kill you 5 times in a row to get the full bounty pool.

BUT, to not be exploited, the Bounty per kill, is equivalent to how expensive a ship / total gear destroyed is. If I kill you and you got 1,000,000 worth of gear on you that I destroyed, the Bounty adjusts, since you were a tough fight - supposing that 1,000,000 worth of gear is a very powerful gear combo, numbers may vary - so a bounty may be 500,000 but it may sky-rocket to higher than that in possible loot the other guy will drop.

Now add the repetitive system of being farmed by bounty hunters, and you can see, pirates can't have a penatly on their head for "being rogue". It's the open seas and there's no International Law in DU's space. There is no rogue status, since nobody is actually there to dictate what's right or wrong.

However, an alliance may "tag" you with a "Target Has Terrible Standing" tag (something that's right out of EVE) and everyone in the alliance, depending on their rules of engagement, may actually go after you on sight, as in EVE, there's two forms of Rules of Engagement, NRDS (Not Red Don't Shoot - the asks questions first guys) and the NBSI ( " Not Blue? Shoot it " the guys who will attack ANYONE who's not in their allliance, or is tagged as a positive standing merchant that's out of the alliance itself.

And this is where it's at. Pirates in EVE WELCOME bounties. It's a badge of honor to have a ticker going to 1 billion bounty in reward. And some of those pirates, ENJOY the bounty on their head, as people come after them and they don't have to go out looking for a fight.

Tell you what, you may think Bobba Fett is a badass, but at the end of the day, he's wearig a storm-trooper modified armor and he's a clone meant to be a canon-fodder. And most bounty hunters think they are Bobba Fett.

Although, the idea of "extra trauma" damage, can be exploited, if a person specialises into a skill training like "Assassination Training", turning the player's bounty kills to cause a target more Trauma, thus, assassins can be hired to go after a certain person, in order to cause them severe downgrading in skill training times and combat efficiency, like a faction's top officers, who will be crewing the bridge of a ship. Reduce their skill efficiency, you get them to waste resources on a doctor - if there are any at all near you.

So yeah, the bottom-line is, reputation is some relevant. You can get a vague idea of a person by the dossier or personal info they got on display, but not much else. Sure, your alliance may have a person on Red status (enemy / hostile) but the guy is not an NPC, you can talk to them and be like "yo, listen, I got a gun, you got a gun, we can fight and waste 15 minutes dancing around each other while firing non-stop, OR, you can just go your merry way and I do the same, 'mkay?" . So, reputation, is something very very relevant.

There could be a system, where "single tags" add up on a counter. I.E. I got tagged as hostile by 100 people, while 500 have tagged me as friendly, so my ticker is 4:1 ratio, thus I get a "blue" Status when people who are neutral to me check my info.

Talk about conginitvie dissonance, when an alliance has a person, who has Excellent Status, tagged as "Hostile" .  If a guy has 10:1 ratio on Positive to Negative individual tags, then you know your alliance may be full of bullcrap :P

I may actually make a thread about it.

Cheers!

As always a good read, CaptainTowermotor.

It is difficult to interpret from little information. You work with the sources that are available on the Internet.

I must fairly say that I did not play Eve for long. (RL Reasons) I've got better memories with Star Wars Galaxies, Earth & Beyond, Asheron's Call 2 and other older mmorpg games. I understand the thoughts behind it. They affect me conclusively. I also think that would be a topic in itself worth.

At least I'm curious when new information will be announced.

Nonetheless, that does not alter my consent to the cloning sickness and to your possible solution to the problem. :)

You would also see larger organisations pushing off smaller ones simply by a show off force. Especially in mid-late game. With the bigger orgs more set up, they would be better equipped to clear the trauma timer than a smaller org.

I think I sit on the line with this idea. On one side it adds a very interesting game mechanic that will change interactions between orgs on different power levels. On the other, I think I'm going to die a lot.

You would also see larger organisations pushing off smaller ones simply by a show off force. Especially in mid-late game. With the bigger orgs more set up, they would be better equipped to clear the trauma timer than a smaller org.

I think I sit on the line with this idea. On one side it adds a very interesting game mechanic that will change interactions between orgs on different power levels. On the other, I think I'm going to die a lot.

That's actually something that sounds easy, but not quite.

Check the Fountain War in EVE for example.

The GSF had a fleet doctrine of Tech-3 ships. After each brutal battle they ended up draiing the market of its Tech-3 stock, thus GSF forced to adapt to a new fleet doctrine, to keep fighting. That's actually a logistical nightmare in retrospect.

But GSF are known for forgeting to pay rent when it's up as well. They are good at logistics in war, terrible at management and administration.

More people, do not mean better odds. Rooks & Kings from EVE have proven that. They got 1v5 or 1v10 in their ambushes. They fight SMART, not relying on attrition warfare.

A larger org that fights with "zergs" will just empty its coffers pretty fast. And as it goes in EVE, if you enemy burns more money than you, you won the battle.

No, I agree with you. But I was thinking on more general terms. Typically you would think that an org with more members has access to an increased income of resources and access to a broader range of skills. This means it can regain losses at a faster rate. Although this is not always the case