Questions About The Upcoming Pledge Packages

Novark

Hello fellow Arkship passengers  ^_^

I have some questions related to the new Update about the upcoming Crowdfunding system on Dual Universe Kickstarter page (Update #24)

CZTjSrM.png

On the Phase 1 paragraph they said :

"Packages will be quite similar to the Kickstarter packs, so that those of you who couldn’t pledge during the Kickstarter campaign for various reasons (not being able to pay with PayPal, missing the end date of the Kickstarter, etc.) can still support us. The available Founder packs will have the same number of DACs as the Kickstarter ones. However, they will have a few less perks."

Does the upcoming Packages also contain the Alpha Access ?

Since they said the upcoming Packages will be quite similar to the Kickstarter ones and the difference between them is the new one will have a few less perks than the Original Packages.

On the Phase 2 paragraph they said : 

"For those who like in-game pets and didn’t have the opportunity to get one from the Kickstarter, we plan to make a new one available through an add-on."

Does this in-game pet is the same thing that included on the Kicstarter package ?

As far as i know, the in-game pet is an Exclusive perks for the Kickstarter Backer, and on this new update they said that the in-game pet will be available through add-on.

Here is link the their Kickstarter page in case if you want to read the full update ^_^ : www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/posts/1715212

Alright, that's it.

Any Responds & Answers will be appreciated  :D

Thanks for your time  :wub:

I look forward to being able to buy alpha and beta access, that was the thing that seemed the most interesting. I'm a little sad that final version early start is going to be kickstarter only. It seems like the biggest advantage, specially for organization founders. 

I look forward to being able to buy alpha and beta access, that was the thing that seemed the most interesting. I'm a little sad that final version early start is going to be kickstarter only. It seems like the biggest advantage, specially for organization founders.

Could you explain what you mean by 'final version early start'?

1.)  It appears alpha access will be available.  At least temporarily for phase 1.

2.) The pets will be something new, if I'm reading that correctly.  The Kickstarter pets will remain exclusive.

Thank you for the information Grim  ^_^

Could you explain what you mean by 'final version early start'?

Perhaps he think the Alpha Access was divided into several phase and he is referring to the "Kickstarter Alpha" is the very first Access  :unsure:

However, with all that said... we can't rule out the "first come first served" deal that will probably occur on the initial alpha launch.

I imagine it will be a tiered roll-out for keys, first week 1,000 keys... second week another 1,000 etc.

Perhaps not, but considering they haven't worked with the cloud server or w/e to the capacity that they will need for the public availability.... it's a possibility. 

Clarified:
There will only be one alpha, but release will probably be tiered if it's like any other similar indie launch I've been a part of.

However, with all that said... we can't rule out the "first come first served" deal that will probably occur on the initial alpha launch.

I imagine it will be a tiered roll-out for keys, first week 1,000 keys... second week another 1,000 etc.

Perhaps not, but considering they haven't worked with the cloud server or w/e to the capacity that they will need for the public availability.... it's a possibility. 

Clarified:

There will only be one alpha, but release will probably be tiered if it's like any other similar indie launch I've been a part of.

The "First come first served" applies on the name reservation.

I am number 27, so I will be the 27th in regards of reserving my names ( I get two because gold founder).

It has nothing to do with keys.

Also... you do know their cloud server tech has been tested as of its function right? The real testing is on how many people it can support and how it can be tweaked to sustain more at a more leisurely rate of updates. It was the first thing they built for the game before even getting to the gameplay mechanics. Before they can test anything else, they will have to test massive player character concentration.

The "First come first served" applies on the name reservation.

I am number 27, so I will be the 27th in regards of reserving my names ( I get two because gold founder).

It has nothing to do with keys.

Also... you do know their cloud server tech has been tested as of its function right? The real testing is on how many people it can support and how it can be tweaked to sustain more at a more leisurely rate of updates. It was the first thing they built for the game before even getting to the gameplay mechanics. Before they can test anything else, they will have to test massive player character concentration.

Err since when was the "first come first served" phrase reserved for a specific roll-out for names?

The phrase has nothing to do with the name reservations in this case.

You do realize they haven't tested the game servers whatsoever?  They've tested virtual instances, but that has nothing to do with the servers and networking.  Testing on real servers is costly, and they haven't forked over the cash for that yet, and probably won't until just before the alpha launches.

Source:

Err since when was the "first come first served" phrase reserved for a specific roll-out for names?

The phrase has nothing to do with the name reservations in this case.

You do realize they haven't tested the game servers whatsoever?  They've tested virtual instances, but that has nothing to do with the servers and networking.  Testing on real servers is costly, and they haven't forked over the cash for that yet, and probably won't until just before the alpha launches.

Kickstarter update. That's where they speak of the First Come / First Served as far as it goes with the Kickstarter and the name reservation.

They have only said that the Alpha test will be sporadic at first so they can stress test the server tech and the cloud hosting involved.

Kickstarter update. That's where they speak of the First Come / First Served as far as it goes with the Kickstarter and the name reservation.

They have only said that the Alpha test will be sporadic at first so they can stress test the server tech and the cloud hosting involved.

I was not referencing name reservations whatsoever, just that the alpha will probably be released in tiers.  Perhaps on a first come first serve basis, ala the names... perhaps not.

As for the second point, I guess that's your way of saying you were wrong?

I was not referencing name reservations whatsoever, just that the alpha will probably be released in tiers.  Perhaps on a first come first serve basis, ala the names... perhaps not.

As for the second point, I guess that's your way of saying you were wrong?

Having a sporadic Alpha and having a limited Alpha is not the same.

I'm covered either way on both accounts of the First Come First Served of the Kickstarter Alpha Access. And you will be too. There's a reason they had 1300 Alpha Access packages on the KS. And the number will probably pile up with the Paypal store to 2000 , AKA an average WoW size server rented across the cloud, which would serve very well for the testing of the Alpha until they got the server tech calibrated for a Beta Test of a massive scale. Funny enough, those servers are really not that much of a cost to rent. 

I guess you were wrong all along. :|

Don't sweat it.

Peace.

Having a sporadic Alpha and having a limited Alpha is not the same.

I'm covered either way on both accounts of the First Come First Served of the Kickstarter Alpha Access. And you will be too. There's a reason they had 1300 Alpha Access packages on the KS. And the number will probably pile up with the Paypal store to 2000 , AKA an average WoW size server rented across the cloud, which would serve very well for the testing of the Alpha until they got the server tech calibrated for a Beta Test of a massive scale. Funny enough, those servers are really not that much of a cost to rent. 

I guess you were wrong all along. :|

Don't sweat it.

Peace.

I still don't see how you're right on either account.  They haven't stated how they will go about releasing the alpha to the public.  A sporadic alpha is where they release the alpha to a certain subset for a duration, and then more later.  No?  That doesn't mean they won't release it in tiers to control server load.  Especially during the early days.  It's a possibility, and I don't want people giving them flak if they have to go down that road.

And I was still right about the servers, reference the video.

You can tell yourself whatever you want though, we can pretend if you'd like?

I still don't see how you're right on either account. They haven't stated how they will go about releasing the alpha to the public. A sporadic alpha is where they release the alpha to a certain subset for a duration, and then more later. No? That doesn't mean they won't release it in tiers to control server load. Especially during the early days. It's a possibility, and I don't want people giving them flak if they have to go down that road.

Twerkmotor just thinks everyone works around his logic, even if his logic doesn't make sense.

Twerkmotor just thinks everyone works around his logic, even if his logic doesn't make sense.

That's what many said, until I was proven right time and again :|

Pull your head out of the echochamber you are in.

I still don't see how you're right on either account.  They haven't stated how they will go about releasing the alpha to the public.  A sporadic alpha is where they release the alpha to a certain subset for a duration, and then more later.  No?  That doesn't mean they won't release it in tiers to control server load.  Especially during the early days.  It's a possibility, and I don't want people giving them flak if they have to go down that road.

Best backpedalling thing I've ever read.

The devs have said the first tests will be up for a few days at a time. This is why they didn't go into Steam, to avoid scrubs who would say : 

"OMGZ, I paiz moneh, Y Iz servorz down?"

You seem to share this kind of mentality. Welcome to a real Alpha test, not an Early Access cashgrab.

Their server tech IS about dealing with server load. If they don't strain test it to calibrate, they won't be able to move on with their testings.

Get a grip, the test 1 is going to be on that particular aspect of the game, the MMO part, before they go into the RPG.

That's what many said, until I was proven right time and again :|

Pull your head out of the echochamber you are in.

Best backpedalling thing I've ever read.

The devs have said the first tests will be up for a few days at a time. This is why they didn't go into Steam, to avoid scrubs who would say : 

"OMGZ, I paiz moneh, Y Iz servorz down?"

You seem to share this kind of mentality. Welcome to a real Alpha test, not an Early Access cashgrab.

Their server tech IS about dealing with server load. If they don't strain test it to calibrate, they won't be able to move on with their testings.

Get a grip, the test 1 is going to be on that particular aspect of the game, the MMO part, before they go into the RPG.

Just because they have a sporadic test, does not mean they won't limit the first test to a certain amount.  It's a possibility, and I don't want people like you giving them flak if they have to take that route.

Just watch the video alright?  It's okay to be wrong.  They haven't forked over the cash yet to test the integration of their networking with the servers they will be working with.  I briefly sped through the video, it's referenced around the 3 minute mark briefly.  I think the video talks about it more elsewhere.  Figured you needed handholding to find the source.

I swear I'm repeating myself.

I don't know if you're just dense... or...

Just because they have a sporadic test, does not mean they won't limit the first test to a certain amount.  It's a possibility, and I don't want people like you giving them flak if they have to take that route.

Just watch the video alright?  It's okay to be wrong.  They haven't forked over the cash yet to test to integrate their networking with the servers they will be working with.

I don't know if you're just dense... or...

That "m8", good one. I bet it's what kids say these days in middle-school.

You are repeating yourself a lot, I bet it's because you watch too much Leafy. 

Also, you use my line? Oh, that means... oh... I felt frustration for you, now I feel sorry. Not even pity. Poor thing... :/

... and why are you cussing lad? Are you mad? :|

You need to understand you can't be mad if you are wrong. 

But then again... yeah, I should not be pushing you, you are the kind of person using my line against me and call me "m8"... I bet you got more serious problems than anger management. Puberty is a serious business after all.

Get better arguements. 

That "m8", good one. I bet it's what kids say these days in middle-school.

You are repeating yourself a lot, I bet it's because you watch too much Leafy. 

Also, you use my line? Oh, that means... oh... I felt frustration for you, now I feel sorry. Not even pity. Poor thing... :/

... and why are you cussing lad? Are you mad? :|

You need to understand you can't be mad if you are wrong. 

But then again... yeah, I should not be pushing you, you are the kind of person using my line against me and call me "m8"... I bet you got more serious problems than anger management. Puberty is a serious business after all.

Get better arguements. 

Eh sorry, heritage was showing through there... took it out for ya though.  Happy m8?

You can't even come up with a constructive argument.  Your only argument is to come up with insults... strange isn't it?  It's like your argument has no basis.

Also, the whole "you can't be mad if you are wrong" thing confuses me.  You are wrong, but it also seems like you are mad... considering how personal you are taking this.  It's kind of funny really ^^

Come back to me when you have a counterpoint.

Eh sorry, heritage was showing through there... took it out for ya though.  Happy m8?

You can't even come up with a constructive argument.  Your only argument is to come up with insults... strange isn't it?  It's like your argument has no basis.

Come back to me when you have a counterpoint.

If you are an angsty teen, that's due to puberty. Puberty is not an insult. You are excused thusly for being angry, you are undergoing a change.

Also, argueing with "mirror mirror" lines, is a stap BACKWARDS during puberty. Come on, unless your inner australian.

I did provide arguements, you are just too hormone-fuelled to have clarity, so you're excused :|

As with highlander and so with alpha: there can be only one. AFAIK no one will be given earlier access when the alpha actually goes live.

Yup, i also think the same.

I hope the server is good enough so all the players that eligible for the Alpha can access the game without any quota splitting or separation  :D

I think Ravenskysong is confusing "Early Bird" with a "Headstart"?

"Boosted" could also be confusing.

Probably  :D

Looks like Raven misunderstand about the Early Bird. this Early refers to Early Pledges with lower price instead of Early Alpha Access  :)

Clarified:

I understand that there is a chance that in some cases the Developer need to limit the Alpha Access quota due to Server Capability.

And they pick the player based on "first come first served". If that happen, looks like i will be on the last Phase  :(

But it's okay i guess, that is Still Alpha anyway  ^_^

Yup, i also think the same.

I hope the server is good enough so all the players that eligible for the Alpha can access the game without any quota splitting or separation  :D

Probably  :D

Looks like Raven misunderstand about the Early Bird. this Early refers to Early Pledges with lower place instead of Early Alpha Access  :)

I understand that there is a chance that in some cases the Developer need to limit the Alpha Access quota due to Server Capability.

And they pick the player based on "first come first served". If that happen, looks like i will be on the last Phase  :(

But it's okay i guess, that is Still Alpha anyway  ^_^

Precisely, it's just how it goes sometimes.  Sorry for derailing your thread for a bit there ;)

We will have to see how it's handled, perhaps they will be able to get everyone in the first time around.

The reason why I ignore him =) Just do the same

Thanks,

Archonious

The reason why I ignore him =) Just do the same

Thanks,

Archonious

The reason I don't ignore anyone = I got a thick skin. :)

I guess Strength & Honor to Lord Cringeworth mean "I stick my head in the sand and the problems go away".

Go figure.