Robots

Legate

Heyo, while I was busy orbiting through an asteroid field, I thought about NPCs. What if we get to make them, and not like make their face, as in from head to toe with custom parts. For example, you build a guard that has cybernetic limbs or replace their arm with a built-in rifle. Bit of mad scientist work here, but can't know what floats or sinks without blowing it to hell. Thinking about making guard tanks inside my ship the size of bumper cars just so they can roll around. I'll be able to make them when this Arkship reboots and gets me out of Alpha Centauri.

Someone send help please...

Not sure if i like the idea. Having NPCs like that in this game feels wrong for me. But maybe i am alone i those thoughts. 

Oh btw ShinyMagnemite   you should read the forum rules specifically rule III d. 

III) Following actions are prohibited:

d. Posting an image without a meaningful text.

If, in Dual Universe, they are going to limit the amount of actions a lua-script can execute within a time-frame, then I don't think lua bots within a ship would be very good xD

Are we talking "Droid army" type of robots or ship-sized robots?

Yeah but LzA May be limited but imagine this: build a very simple weapon Platform with only this commands: move forward, lock in New target, shoot,lock in New target, repeat. I know this isnt Code but that could be possible and with many Robots with this Programm you have a dumb but powerful army. Not as good as humans but good as First lines...

Yeah but LzA May be limited but imagine this: build a very simple weapon Platform with only this commands: move forward, lock in New target, shoot,lock in New target, repeat. I know this isnt Code but that could be possible and with many Robots with this Programm you have a dumb but powerful army. Not as good as humans but good as First lines...

They did say that automated weaponry will be hindered. The means to that are not revealed yet, but a safe assumption is ti will have to do with the fact DPUs are machinery and machinery needs power / energy to keep going. If a ship has a weak reactor, the machinery will fire slowlly. If a ship has a powerful reactor, the machines will fire faster but the reactor would need more fuel. 

So yeah, you can make an automated ship, but it won't be cheap to fly it. Also, an automated weapon will operate with the weapon's stats only, not a player's bonuses on said weapon if it was operated manually, so there's that as well.

I mean: You could use these Robots i described as a "one use army" so you fill in the fuel and Hit start. The Robots will do their thing until the fuel is empty. Hopefully they did enough that the human Soldiers will have an easier Part to do. You understand?

I don't think building robots is going to be possible. In my opinion, somehow it would make lose a part of the essence of Dual Universe, where the players control everything. In another hand, what may be possible (and I hope it is, if it hasn't been said yet) is to build small machines that make a specific function on they own, but very limited:

For example you might be able to build a turret that shoots automatically if someone's in range, but that turret is static in one place and it can only shoot if it detects any intruders, anything else. 

So what I wouldn't like is to land on any planet and be met by robots without being controlled by any player. I'd want to be somehow forced to make alliances with other people to be powerful (which includes the need of doing something great so other people join you), not just by creating robots that you could make without excessive work but just with (much) time.