[Updated] Player-made Safe Zones

Archonious

nonPVP timers is really bad idea in FULL PVP world.

1. So many peoples can play a game, more then 1-2 houres, on weekend only. And when a timer go on 48 houres... Hello NQ guys, we paying for full game content... 

2. If 10 (100, 1000, 1kkkkk)  players wants to kill 1 player, they kill him 100%, and its a correctly balance in FULL PVP game. Don't won't to die -  "run Forest run..." 

3. What about pirat players? Defenders has time to move out all staff and to deconstruct all expensive buildings and machines. Where is a profit?

Power stations ---> power cells (accumulators, condensators)---> shields, turrets, battle ships, trups, def npcs. 

For small groups - underground base or freespace.

I think DU is not FULL PVP game. PVP is only one of many supported play styles.

"Safe Zones will protect you, and avoid Dual Universe to become a free for all PvP game. However, PvP will be possible when you step out of the Safe Zone. "

It is not said that starting zone is the only Safe Zone. Also size and amount of safe zones is open.

"Safe Zones will protect you, and avoid Dual Universe to become a free for all PvP game. However, PvP will be possible when you step out of the Safe Zone. "

It is not said that starting zone is the only Safe Zone. Also size and amount of safe zones is open.

Yes, PROBABLY, there will be more on alioth than one. Radius 20km for now. Everything else will be free PvP world. Give them mercs something to do

So you wrote that the SZM stops working immediatly when it got shut down. So if another Org inflitrates such a City the SZM could be shut down by just one person, means that an army May fail but one man can succed and prepare an attack?

i think it would be nice but as the devs have said there will be shilding for orgs and to find ark ships so they can have safe zones there but i think this would be a nice idea if they could incorporate this this would be a good way to defend and go on the offensive 

Of course, you can try to play DU like a peaceful survivor. But sometimes you need to go out from non player builded safe zones for mining, trading or other things. When you move out, you have a risk to be a PVP target without your agreement, so this is a full PVP. 

Of course, you can try to play DU like a peaceful survivor. But sometimes you need to go out from non player builded safe zones for mining, trading or other things. When you move out, you have a risk to be a PVP target without your agreement, so this is a full PVP.

Yes you are rigth, outside safezone there is full pvp.

How ever it is my choice if I go to pvp zone.

You can live in your cosy arkzone forever, but you won't be building ships then anytime soon (except you buy overpriced minerals).

Everything outside those bubbles should be dangerous to go to. Risk vs reward. Immersive/emergent gameplay. There are lots of reasons

Yes you are rigth, outside safezone there is full pvp.

How ever it is my choice if I go to pvp zone.

This is core of the game. Nobody try to break it. That exactly work other way. If you create this TEMPORARY (destructible) Safe Zone, it make pirate factions (+your enemies) focus on it. It is like boss in PvE, but it is PvP "boss".

This idea also make real PvP possible. Player vs Player, not Player vs Defence buildings.

Attackers prepare their attack (if we speak about large targets). This idea give time prepare to defend (not build more defence towers, but organise team for defence). And then, only then this would be real PvP.

Thanks,

Archonious

Here's something to think about with safe zones. I don't think anyone has talked about this yet, just ignore me if someone already brought this up. No one has really talked about how these Safe Zones work, I'm not talking about how they're powered or anything, I'm talking about what happens when you enter one. So I think there's two things that can happen.

1. When you enter, you can't destroy constructs, but you can however, damage players. This would be my preference and the most realistic thing to do. With this we could have PvP arenas, where players can damage players, but cannot damage the walls and escape.
  2. When you enter, you basically can't do anything, no destroying blocks, no damaging players. You just kind of walk around.

So yea, the point of this was to say "We should be able to fight within Safe Zones, just not break blocks." And to add some realistic science-y things to make this make sense to people who like to over complicate things...

When you activate your "Safe Zone" what it does is basically hold the atoms and stuff of the construct together, as if they were super-glued or something, but at the atomic level. Does that make sense? I'm bad at science :D

Here's something to think about with safe zones. I don't think anyone has talked about this yet, just ignore me if someone already brought this up. No one has really talked about how these Safe Zones work, I'm not talking about how they're powered or anything, I'm talking about what happens when you enter one. So I think there's two things that can happen.

• When you enter, you can't destroy constructs, but you can however, damage players. This would be my preference and the most realistic thing to do. With this we could have PvP arenas, where players can damage players, but cannot damage the walls and escape.
  • When you enter, you basically can't do anything, no destroying blocks, no damaging players. You just kind of walk around.
So yea, the point of this was to say "We should be able to fight within Safe Zones, just not break blocks." And to add some realistic science-y things to make this make sense to people who like to over complicate things...

When you activate your "Safe Zone" what it does is basically hold the atoms and stuff of the construct together, as if they were super-glued or something, but at the atomic level. Does that make sense? I'm bad at science :D

If I am not wrong, basic shield can do thatif to set it. I don't think it could be good if trader can be killed and looted In safe zone. Imagine, you oay for entering safe zone, pay tax for trading and be under the security. Then somebody just kill you and gg wp. These cities would look like battlefield 99% of time =))))

As an additional opportunity, if to turn off 2 or more generators, safe zone do not protect players. So owners can turn off them for special event for example.

Thanks,

Archonious

What if there were two kinds of SafeZone generators? One for ConstructSafeZones and one for Construct-PlayerSafeZones.

Construct-PlayerSafeZones would be used in cities and industrial buildings. Construct-PlayerSafeZones would be unable to move. Because having Construct-PlayerSafeZones would make pirating impossible.

ConstructSafeZones would be used on big ships, these safe zones would be movable, but only protect the construct, not any players. So pirates would be able to infiltrate a ship and fight for it, but not be able to just blow a hole in it. It would make for more tactical piratery and not just "Let's just blow a hole in it and jump in" I think these safe zones would also be used for military bases and such. Because if you used the Player-ConstructSafeZone the enemy could just walk into your base and gain info without you being able to damage him.

So yea, let me know what you guys think :D