What do you think will happen when the game drops?

MindSpunk

im no pirate sire, I shall follow the footsteps of gene starwind. business man fighting the pirates

"A noble cause, I hope you can withstand the doggedness of rum intoxicated buccaneers."

First day will be pure chaos, no doubt about that. Lots of arson, murder and jaywalking everywhere from everyone.

Oh and first structures will be build. Expect phallic shaped forests. I can't imagine people cooperating for anything else.

Seriously though, pre-organised groups will reach space long before anybody else. Expect goons to be among them (ones that are not defacing landscape). Very little war will happen for a while I think, there will be alot more resources and places than players at first.

After a while, areas outside starter planet will be divided among factions. Strongest will take the best, weaker will settle for subpar. They will probably raid each other all the time, as will solo players.

And I honestly have no idea how will starter planet sort out. Possibilities are endless. I am really looking forward to it.

Cheers!

Lots of harvesting. Something I ponder though. I wonder if each organization is it's own arkship and if so, do large organizations get a planet to themselves.

The game will depend on player driven content/creations. In a PVP world this is best solved by allowing people to not be bugged/ganked while building. I know there will be safe zones, but it makes a ton of sense on many fronts to give each organization their own arkship and possibly even their own planets.

It could be months before people have the materials gathered to fly. This would allow for civilizations to get their cities/strongholds up and running.

If this is not the case. I predict a lot of ganking, pvp, griefing and attempts to keep other organizations from building their cities. In the early days of dual this could be bad. It makes sense to me to let people get in and start making the world, unhindered by pvp.

Deconstruction for Reconstruction. Reconstruction for Redestruction.

"Rather, reconstruction for deconstruction materials to be redestructed for reconstruction. Repeat the cycle: the money comes to my account."

"Rather, reconstruction for deconstruction materials to be redestructed for reconstruction. Repeat the cycle: the money comes to my account."

Like a finely greased machine of war profiteering ^^

Well personally im not sure exactly what it will be like but I do know it will be interesting thats a definite as for me I think i will try dig a hole make an underground starting base to reside in and research the tech to get off planet but it will be super exciting the first few houres of the game starting especially if there are 1000s of players all starting together.

How I hope to see, groups will start to bind together, I know when we come into the game our organization "may" accidentally step on some toes, with a nearly 500 man Reddit following behind us, not all will join but some will. We are always open to form relations with groups and other alliances, we are after all a group of engineers, but we are also fairly expedient at combat. 

We will begin working on a planetary capitol, setting up refining facilities, small scale shipyards, trade markets, then start selling our goods on the starting planet, maybe even ships capable of leaving planetary atmo?

Once that is all done we will be building our corporate counsel and begin inviting participating member organizations to send their delegates to participate. Setting in place the first laws and regulations of the new world. 

Issues born will be crushed by the mind of many a politician. . . 

Then when the time is right, we will build a massive colony ship, and head unto the stars, never to return. . .  

- at least for a while. . .