What do you think will happen when the game drops?

MindSpunk

What do you think will happen when the game finally releases. How will the various factions interact, ally, fight over resources. How will the game universe itself be built by the actions of the players.

I'm very excited to see the territory warfare that breaks out with such a limited space available for the influx of players.

If people are intelligent then groups will form where most people increase various, different crafting skills, thus being able to create spaceships much faster.

Afterwards they'd be the first to reach the neighboring planet, having a vast amount of resources for themselves.

Then they will hurry to create an stationary interplanetary weapon and turn the original planet into hell, forever denying the other players the chance to leave it.

If people are intelligent then groups will form where most people increase various, different crafting skills, thus being able to create spaceships much faster.

Afterwards they'd be the first to reach the neighboring planet, having a vast amount of resources for themselves.

Then they will hurry to create an stationary interplanetary weapon and turn the original planet into hell, forever denying the other players the chance to leave it.

Prison worlds, I like the way you're thinking good sir. I like it indeed.

I'd like to think Ill be out there exploring and having fun, but in reality Ill probably be bogged down in diplomatic meeting after meeting, and coordinating efforts between groups.

I think for many, it will be a literal crawling over a throng of players trying to make it away from the spawn location.

I'd like to think Ill be out there exploring and having fun, but in reality Ill probably be bogged down in diplomatic meeting after meeting, and coordinating efforts between groups.

I think for many, it will be a literal crawling over a throng of players trying to make it away from the spawn location.

The old minecraft tactic of "Go 10k from spawn and then do stuff" will certainly be applicable here. But considering early game will be locked to a single planet before people can progress their technology to reach space it will certainly be a fun time to play. A time that will never happen again.

Land rush isn't a thing in a game where land is vulnerable

War isn't going to happen in the first days, maybe some ground fights, since you'd not have the technology to do that.

Really depends on a few factors. 

1. whats the starting gear? At this moment we know we will have a RN,  nanoformer, and basic recipes. So there will be very little fighting the first few hours.

2. How many people will there be? How many Arks will there be? I hope there are few people to start with and slowly (but not to slow) more join so there is not a huge rush for a land grab.

3. How fast can we traverse the environment? The land grab really won't be a big issue if we can move pretty quick across the land but if not that might be an issue.

4. How easily can we find resources? How readily can we acquire said resources?

5. How much food, water, oxygen, and what ever else will we have? How easy can these be replenished? Will we have to go back to the ark to get these at first?

There will certainly be the calm before the storm. Once people get their hands on some weapons they will certainly try to use them. It'll just be a rush to tech up for some groups. Others will sit in-between, offering services to whoever wishes to pay. A very interesting scenario to watch play out.

There will certainly be the calm before the storm. Once people get their hands on some weapons they will certainly try to use them. It'll just be a rush to tech up for some groups. Others will sit in-between, offering services to whoever wishes to pay. A very interesting scenario to watch play out.

Yep and as long as the devs let me i want to record it all!

War. Unmitigated, unrelenting, war. Unless the whole planet is Arkified and we can't do anything like that. Then, it will be...

Mining, unmitigated, unrelenting, mining.

Prison worlds, I like the way you're thinking good sir. I like it indeed.

heheheheheheheHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I like the direction this thread is going already.

Personally, I predict game crashes.  Unmitigated, unrelenting game crashes.  :o

"First of all, a massive exodus as people try to find the best pieces of land for resources and defense.

Next, would be a kind of cool period where people compete to produce the best inventions. After that will be daggers and knives hidden under friendly smiles and plain diplomacy. It would be like hanging from the edge of thousand foot cliff.

Then, someone somewhere, flicks the switch, plunging the new born Dual Universe into a short lived, but significant war. Alliances are strengthened and bonds thickened as the perpetrators are led to the guillotine for daring to start an age of war and chaos.

More tense peace follows, heralding the Age of Cold War. Major organizations begin to emerge and establish themselves as regional hegemons. Peace is nothing but a fleeting mist during dawn.

A powerful alliance then decides that its interests are being threatened and launches a second round of appalling chaos. Players choose sides, preferring the stronger combatant for the sake of saving their dear skin. The war is long and dark..."Lord of Light, come to us in our darkness. We offer you these false players. Take them and cast your plasma shield upon us. For the night is dark and full of terrors."

The defending alliance is down, but not out for what is dead can never die. 

Players pick up the pieces and better themselves, some flee to edges of space.

Grudges are borne and small wars escalate, all the while leading up to the second crescendo in this grand orchestral piece of pure wickedness and war.

As it reaches a feverish pitch, a new weapon is created, bringing fear upon all those who oppose the wielder. Hear me roar!

Lo, I have told you.

Winter is coming.

"

I reckon it will pan out like real life. Early game would be full of cave men, not really having a clue what's going on. Then as time progresses the organisation and tech level will increase. Maybe factions or houses that then turn into governments and mercenary forces. Either way I want to be part of it!

Josh