PurpleAnt

Thats exactly what I said. :/

Well, I am kind of keeping track of 3 chats, 4 threads, 4 sub-reddits. and a youtube comment section.

I'm smart, not The Flash :V

I have to type fast and read fast. Sometimes, I miss things. :P

And who's fault is that? :P

Grab some chemicals, get hit by lightning.

Problem solved, you are welcome.

Yeah, because fighting a time travelling psychopathic Reverse Twerkmotor from the 25th century sounds fun :|

I think it should be possible to lock your ship, or at least add some scripts to the ship to effectively lock it.

Then depending on the quality of the script, then someone could attempt to break it and gain access.

Space Engineers has the simple mechanic of allowing your team to use certain parts. Perhaps that would be the easiest solution?

Maybe its my evil mind but id be tempted to put in two password systems. One genuine and one that gives only access to an enpty cell (with a false door opposite) that auto locks behind you with no control panel and a 'welcome to your cell' message.

May even get me some loot if the game has a drop on death system....

Maybe its my evil mind but id be tempted to put in two password systems. One genuine and one that gives only access to an enpty cell (with a false door opposite) that auto locks behind you with no control panel and a 'welcome to your cell' message.

May even get me some loot if the game has a drop on death system....

Even better, add big neo letters over a door.

"LOOT!!11"

when they enter, have like racks of containers in it, when they get near, they step onto five mines stacked together under a tile.

I'm all for hijacking ships, but I'm also all for being able to log out somewhere or even go take a dump, and come back to your ship being hacked, stripped, destroyed and everything stolen in a matter of minutes.

If someone wants to leave a ship in the middle of a mining belt or a heavily contested area with high traffic, and go off with a friend in their ship for an hour, yeah sure, they deserve to get their crap stolen. But I still feel that gameplay mechanics need to compromise for events outside player control - which include internet cut outs, as well as being forced to... well... sleep and RL. Gameplay needs to accommodate for players being able to leave their ships in safety, players being able to take advantage of ships that are not left in safety, and players having a fair chance of not getting completely screwed over when someone working for their ISP trips over a cable (figuratively speaking of course), providing they are not in the middle of an active combat (obviously to avoid combat logging). 

I'm all for hijacking ships, but I'm also all for being able to log out somewhere or even go take a dump, and come back to your ship being hacked, stripped, destroyed and everything stolen in a matter of minutes.

If someone wants to leave a ship in the middle of a mining belt or a heavily contested area with high traffic, and go off with a friend in their ship for an hour, yeah sure, they deserve to get their crap stolen. But I still feel that gameplay mechanics need to compromise for events outside player control - which include internet cut outs, as well as being forced to... well... sleep and RL. Gameplay needs to accommodate for players being able to leave their ships in safety, players being able to take advantage of ships that are not left in safety, and players having a fair chance of not getting completely screwed over when someone working for their ISP trips over a cable (figuratively speaking of course), providing they are not in the middle of an active combat (obviously to avoid combat logging).

There is safety for ships while you are offline: arkship safezone player built safezone or hire mercs. Or land on a parking lot. Or let your org defend it.

The game can't distinguish between "I only take a shit and brb", "I logged off" and "I have rl power/isp problems".

As said: secure your ship with lua, for the rest: hide it well or the above.