Looking for a guild

Tencoin

Hey all. After reading through the forums and watching the recent videos, I think I've decided what role I want to play in DU will be. Based on the recent videos, it looks like the scope of the worlds and space is massive, so I'm hoping that I can do what I had hoped for in Eve Online, but couldn't, which is Exploration Prospector. Basically, wander into the unknown to find what no one else has seen yet. Including ore veins, which I'll sometimes mine myself to pay for costs, pass the coordinates on to my guild, or, thanks to non-regenerating resources, maybe sell it to the highest bidder. Although I would probably prefer to help out a guild. I'm basically a hermit who likes to come into town every so often and it would be nice to have a welcoming place. I've seen one or two guilds in the forums I'm going to approach and talk to, but if anyone thinks they might be a good fit, send me a PM. I'm particularly interested in anyone who is planning to build a stargate. Being one of the first to scout out a new system definitely ranks high on my list. I'll probably also do a little LUA scripting on the side if I get the hang of it.

If you plan on exploring, I recommend the Cinderfall Syndicate.

Thanks for the shout-out! :) 

It is true that we at Cinderfall do embrace all forms of playstyles. Our primary purpose is to be a hub of civilization and promote cooperation throughout all of Dual Universe. We've brought together many of DU's most prominent organizations together as a team and family, but of course we do need many motivated builders, soldiers, and of course Exploration Prospectors to help us reach that vision as well.

Plus we have catnip cookies.

Hi Tencoin and welcome to DU!

There a number groups that offer great support and a friendly environment. I wouldn't worry too much about committing to one group or another immediately. Look around and talk to people, and find a group of people you enjoy being with. 

The is also Band of Outlaws which has a more free playing style with less rules.  They are pretty active even now on Discord and have ties to EVE online.  Quite a few veterans there too from EVE.   

Yes. BOO is also a good option. It may even be particularly fitting for your preferred "hermit" lifestyle.

Forget the promises made for distant future. If you have alpha/beta access, join Alpha Academy, org where you can play & test with others as soon as alpha starts and decide what exactly will you do much later. No promises, no commitments, no limits. After release you can keep playing with those you met or just do whatever you want.

If you're looking for people to run with for Alpha/Beta and stick to doing your own thing - join Alpha Academy.

If you want to do your own thing, but also be involved in a community, then there are several to choose from on the Community Portal here - https://community.dualthegame.com/

All that said, take your time. There is no reason to rush head first in to a present community with where the games development currently is. We're in for a long, rocky road now that the Kickstarter is done and while we wait until Alpha. So choose who you want to interact with carefully. ;)

Thanks,

Cybrex

So many offers =))) Don't forget, you need to wait at least half year (until alpha only).

Joining now in most crowded organisation is roleplaying (with Admirals, Emperors and other ranks). So have fun.

P.S: As for me, Alpha Academy is only the one from listed has good/real plans (as far I know) (since it the same to my one).

Thanks,

Archonious