throwing around star wars designs again, are we?

well its a 3D model that i created in Blender that is based off of a star destroyer. Its something that I built from the ground up and intended for it to have similarities to StarWars. But its not really a Star Wars Design.

But its not really a Star Wars Design.

Yeah, clearly no SW design there - it doesn't feature those block shaped turbolaser batteries, it doesn't feature the bridge with the two shield generators on top of it, and it clearly and certainly doesn't look exactly like an imperial class star destroyer.

Oh wait

Do what you want but I think this goes to far. Design something new. Be creative. Don't just copy something. You're free to build everything you can imagine, would be a waste of time to only think of such old designs

Yeah, clearly no SW design there - it doesn't feature those block shaped turbolaser batteries, it doesn't feature the bridge with the two shield generators on top of it, and it clearly and certainly doesn't look exactly like an imperial class star destroyer.

Oh wait

Do what you want but I think this goes to far. Design something new. Be creative. Don't just copy something. You're free to build everything you can imagine, would be a waste of time to only think of such old designs

What the heck? So I create a model on my own and I still get called a copier? Have you seen the other images of my ship? The only similarities are the control bridge with the little ball like generators on top. I also had to design some kind of turrets to put on there. Because I don't know how exactly the DU guns look so I tried to create some simple basic military designs for turrets. On the ship you can see flat 6 barreled capital gun turrets. You will also find singular anti-ship fighter ship fighter turrets. Then you will also find spherical turrets with a long barrel. I feel like it looks much different from a star destroyer but it keeps that similarity.

I think my design is pretty creative. I guess I achieved my goal of making you feel like it was a star destroyer without actually being a star destroyer. I have created my own designs for all our ships this far, minus the aurora class, I think they are pretty creative designs.

Yeah NQ said it was fine, as Nyzalter put it.......

"So in short, you can't use material with iconic characters or spaceships and the same applies for words like Palpatine, Darth Vader, and such.

You can reproduce in Dual Universe a social/political structure similar to the Empire in Starwars, but you can't say "Hey this is Starwars!"

Getting inspiration from the Starwars style for your spaceships can be tolerated, but you must keep in mind that at any moment, if we receive some complaints from Starwars copyright owners, we will have to remove it. This is the risk of copying something that already exists. "

I hope so, I know Apple has a copyright on rectangles with smooth angles but I doubt Disney has a copyright on triangles.

im pretty sure they arent going to come after us. there is so much star wars copy right infringement, going on on the internet, it inst even funny.  Disney wont go after anyone unless they are making $ off of it, it would be a waste of time 

Sorry to be a person like this but...

"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Starwars, SolarEmpire, government, true, power, control, prosperity, guardians, leaders, diplomats

"

and then

-snip- The only similarities are the control bridge with the little ball like generators on top. I also had to design some kind of turrets to put on there. Because I don't know how exactly the DU guns look so I tried to create some simple basic military designs for turrets. On the ship you can see flat 6 barreled capital gun turrets. You will also find singular anti-ship fighter ship fighter turrets. Then you will also find spherical turrets with a long barrel. I feel like it looks much different from a star destroyer but it keeps that similarity.

I think my design is pretty creative. I guess I achieved my goal of making you feel like it was a star destroyer without actually being a star destroyer.

"

I don't quite see what all the fuss is about. 

What I do see is honest work here. It does resemble the Star Destroyer from Star Wars, yes. However, that is irrelevant. The model is intricate and well done--I can only imagine how many hours of work was invested into this design. 

MrStarWars if you can create a model of such good work, then I do not doubt that you can create many more of better quality. Until then, ignore the voices and focus on what you want and have to do. In the end, you will have the last laugh. 

I look towards seeing more of your designs.

"

"

I don't quite see what all the fuss is about. 

What I do see is honest work here. It does resemble the Star Destroyer from Star Wars, yes. However, that is irrelevant. The model is intricate and well done--I can only imagine how many hours of work was invested into this design. 

MrStarWars if you can create a model of such good work, then I do not doubt that you can create many more of better quality. Until then, ignore the voices and focus on what you want and have to do. In the end, you will have the last laugh. 

I look towards seeing more of your designs.

"

Aw thank you so much. Yeah this was my first 3D model in blender that I have ever created. I have been learning and following tutorials as I went along and I want to say this model is taken about a month and a half and she's still not finished. I am going to go over her again and put in some details. I also plan on making more 3D models of designs that I have come up with :D

Sorry to be a person like this but...

"

Well if it makes anyone feel better I removed the star wars tag. I also wanted to make a capital ship that was just as menacing as a star destroyer. I did everything in the model by hand instead of importing a star destroyer and modifiying that. I made the turrets, the engines, the tower, all by hand and from my own memory. I used the Star Destroyer as a point of reference and went from there. I really like how it came out and am proud that I created something that people think belongs in star wars lol but I am more proud of my own people and the other friendly people on DU that encourage me to do my own original works instead of copying off of something else :)

NQ said they don't mind us taking inspiration from star wars.

@Lethys do you have any completely original ship designs?

Yes, I plan and build my ships from scratch. There are many unknown variables for now, so I address them all as good as possible - which dictate my general design.

Solid, versatile design > pretty ship

TBH I applaud you.  I would guess that the majority of us are somewhat Star Wars fans at least and you have continuously changed and adapted but determined to follow what you want.  Can't copy, which crumbled what you were trying to build .... but you didn't quit and adapted and continued.

Even though I am totally against any authoritative type of organization and goes completely opposite of my value of individual freedom and choice, I wish your empire luck.

Well, until the balance needs to be restored. ;)

TBH I applaud you.  I would guess that the majority of us are somewhat Star Wars fans at least and you have continuously changed and adapted but determined to follow what you want.  Can't copy, which crumbled what you were trying to build .... but you didn't quit and adapted and continued.

Even though I am totally against any authoritative type of organization and goes completely opposite of my value of individual freedom and choice, I wish your empire luck.

Thank you Dashiz! Its appreciated! We are committed to bettering ourselves. That's why we don't mind some negative feedback.