In Game News

TheLongWorm

Would it not be Epic if evry Player could see wath is going on right now in the Univers.

There should be an Monitor where evry player can see waths going on in the world.I think that would make the world mutch more amezing if somone can just stream news by showing war zones and commenting over it like in the news or showing wath they planed to build and already did. So it would be Amezing if evry Organisation can Stream News and People evry were could watch it on Monitors. :P

(but may just organisation with over 100Members or somting i dont knwo, and then you have to pay them for making news or get it free becouse you are a part of the organisation) :D

Im accualy dont even know if this is Technacly even possible but if no steaming then at least an ingame Newsletter or somting like that would do the Job aswell I think ;)

It would be Amezing for new Players aswell to have somting like this where they can see waths going on and wath he can do in that World (Where he can find jobs  and stuff or simply to explore citys and Spacestation or where he can trade.)

-edit-

It May work over link to other platforms like youtube or tiwtch witch is easy possible one dude did this allready as an Mincraft mod in the past the only problem would be that player can be outlagged if somone just puts on like 10 streams so it may just by Player based wath programm is running on the screen.

Everything is player-driven, so if someone wants to do this then it would most likely happen. It would rely on cameras, along with the ability to send what the camera sees over long distance and display it on screens, which may or may not be possible in the game. As for just written news, such as large events, I think outlets like this forum or reddit will generally just be more trafficked areas for in-game news, since that will just be what people naturally tend to go to.

I think ATMLIVE has that wrapped up in a nutshell, 
but I would also like to iterate that it's not going to stop people filming/capturing things and using youtube as a platform and then possibly running news reels on monitors (if it all possible in game via a link to YT). 
We don't know the exact limitations (or I missed them) on this, so it may still be somewhat feasible to technically broadcast to some monitors or a few at least. 

That being said, written form will still be the most accessible. 

I think ATMLIVE has that wrapped up in a nutshell, 

but I would also like to iterate that it's not going to stop people filming/capturing things and using youtube as a platform and then possibly running news reels on monitors (if it all possible in game via a link to YT). 

We don't know the exact limitations (or I missed them) on this, so it may still be somewhat feasible to technically broadcast to some monitors or a few at least. 

That being said, written form will still be the most accessible. 

Yea that would be the other option, that you simply put in Links to youtube or Twitch and evry player how turns the Monitor on can see the Text and the Linked Video to the News Letter or can see Live news over Tiwtch. Mincraft had the same technic where you could simply connect to the Interned Via ingame Computer (Mincraft mod) it just worked perfektly fine so why shouldent this work? ;)

Good there are Probebly problems in combat if some one just simply add 10 Livestreams and lagg the shit out of player that dont have a good interned connection but im sure that there is an solution to this problem as well so if the pring goes over 100ms that this funktion will be automatecly deaktivetat or somting like that.

Everything is player-driven, so if someone wants to do this then it would most likely happen. It would rely on cameras, along with the ability to send what the camera sees over long distance and display it on screens, which may or may not be possible in the game. As for just written news, such as large events, I think outlets like this forum or reddit will generally just be more trafficked areas for in-game news, since that will just be what people naturally tend to go to.

Jup hopfuly it will be like that so the game would be more popular but it just would be epic if Players can get Live Information directly out of the game with an good News platform with video Links or live stream over twitch just would be amezing if you can use this and show wath the large diffrent organisations are doing this is somting you wont get out of reddit sortet Channels of just one spezific Organisation.

In-game News?

If the Devs allow for HTML5 integration for scripting surfaces and javascript integration for adding Widgets linkingto predetermined sites on the internet in-game, we can get something like a screen playing certain player's Youtube Channel with the flip of a command and see the latest news reel of the day, or watch some tutorials or discussions or podcats in-game.

It would certainly add a lot of meta-game in the mix, as well as a place for a person to call home and a home without a TV, is not a home.

I mean, sure, you can have a terminal you use in-game to access the market on the area, but it could be used as a screen as well. 

Perhaps even having a faction having their propaganda reel playing on a loop in a giant screen in the mddle of the town. Who knows. If they add the ability to link youtube videos in-game, this could go anywhere :P

GMod did or does it well.

I can use external links, for example files uploaded to enjin or dropbox, and tie them to an ingame radio or loudspeaker. I can then tweak settings a bit and portray anything. Local radio chatter. A radio broadcast. Music with or without reverb. Ambient stuff.

On certain cinema maps you can even watch YouTube videos live by using the code and it is projected on the large screen in the cinema.

This should be considered for DU and player owned areas.

GMod did or does it well.

I can use external links, for example files uploaded to enjin or dropbox, and tie them to an ingame radio or loudspeaker. I can then tweak settings a bit and portray anything. Local radio chatter. A radio broadcast. Music with or without reverb. Ambient stuff.

On certain cinema maps you can even watch YouTube videos live by using the code and it is projected on the large screen in the cinema.

This should be considered for DU and player owned areas.

Well, that's the way the Devs could do it, and utilise the player's RAM to run the video on their end. If a screen is RDMS'd for "public use" but not "public administration", a screen can be used to demonstrate Youtube videos of a ship advertisement a player made. The problem is not with youtube videos. For multiple people on the same area, maybe the RAM cost can be allocated to many people at the same time via Cloud. Gmod is running said videos server-side too, so, it's a bit trickier with DU to display those same videos due to the server tech involved.

A link to a YouTube or similar clip would seemingly be most feasible, but each player would first have to activate the link to watch it. If there is the capability to watch it in game, that would be great, however, NQ have stated that dual universe is separate from our universe so I don't think such links will be added in the game unless a large portion of the community asks for them.

The opt in approach is important, otherwise, as stated earlier, you could lag out someone's connection by starting multiple clips at the same time. I will call this type of attack: "The Minmei Effect".

A camera block, and the journalist job has been created (a guy with a neutral small ship on the battlefield, able to provide streaming). To make it work though, a camera block should be expensive/energy consuming or unconvenient by any means to carry on a ship made to fight, or everyone would carry one. And there should be a block capable of giving a guy streaming with a camera block an advantage over normal streaming with 3d party softwares, like a block "tv" that can stream in game, so that people that are playing can watch it without the need of a browser. 

A link to a YouTube or similar clip would seemingly be most feasible, but each player would first have to activate the link to watch it. If there is the capability to watch it in game, that would be great, however, NQ have stated that dual universe is separate from our universe so I don't think such links will be added in the game unless a large portion of the community asks for them.

The opt in approach is important, otherwise, as stated earlier, you could lag out someone's connection by starting multiple clips at the same time. I will call this type of attack: "The Minmei Effect".

That's the problem inherently with displaying videos without interactions with objects as mandatory steps. I, or anyone, would not have an issue with having Youtube as a site integrated into the game via a scripted Screen Unit on my cockpit, so I don't have to alt-tab out of the game. Or listening to soundcloud while in-game.

The real problem that rises from this, is which sites the Devs will enable us to link into those screens. It's important to prevent backdoors from happening in such a scripting tool, so, the HTML5 part would not be a Browser in-game.

You go to a ship retailer, you see the ship you like, you click the screen in front of its display and watch the clip the creator of the ship made as an advertisement. That would only need Youtube to be loaded for one video, similar to playing a Youtube video on Facebook and it would be loaded and streamed via the player's RAM who interacts with the Screen Unit.

And let's face it, the RP community that wants "the different reality" thing is a very very small minority. The rest of us want to listen to Spotify and Warp cruise in our space-trucks. 

A camera block, and the journalist job has been created (a guy with a neutral small ship on the battlefield, able to provide streaming). To make it work though, a camera block should be expensive/energy consuming or unconvenient by any means to carry on a ship made to fight, or everyone would carry one. And there should be a block capable of giving a guy streaming with a camera block an advantage over normal streaming with 3d party softwares, like a block "tv" that can stream in game, so that people that are playing can watch it without the need of a browser. 

There are no neutrals on a battlefield ;)

There should be an Monitor where evry player can see waths going on in the world.I think that would make the world mutch more amezing if somone can just stream news by showing war zones and commenting over it like in the news or showing wath they planed to build and already did. So it would be Amezing if evry Organisation can Stream News and People evry were could watch it on Monitors. :P

I think this is a good feature to advertise Organizations in the game itself  :D

There are no neutrals on a battlefield ;)

No but did you evry see an World war II Movies there where Guys running in with a Camera in middel of an Battelfield i mean if your an enemy wath is the thing you shoot first a Dude with an carrying an big Camare or somone how is pointing a Weapon in to your Face! xD

In WWII got mutch stuff dokumentatet for the large Puplic to show how hard Solders work or how Hard theyre job is accualy im not even sure WHY but i think this is the reason to keep the Moral high in this fuckt up times. ^^

and there are UNO are neutrals as well they just watch the sitation and try to fix things.

Well.....

And it wouldnt be the first time reporters get captured and or killed on the battefield. My country has lost a few the past 10 years.

Well.....

And it wouldnt be the first time reporters get captured and or killed on the battefield. My country has lost a few the past 10 years.

Jup that are the good classic Reporter Risking theyre Life by trying to show the World the Realty.

Would it not be Epic if evry Player could see wath is going on right now in the Univers.

(but may just organisation with over 100Members or somting i dont knwo, and then you have to pay them for making news or get it free becouse you are a part of the organisation) :D

Im accualy dont even know if this is Technacly even possible but if no steaming then at least an ingame Newsletter or somting like that would do the Job aswell I think ;)

It would be Amezing for new Players aswell to have somting like this where they can see waths going on and wath he can do in that World (Where he can find jobs  and stuff or simply to explore citys and Spacestation or where he can trade.)

-edit-

It May work over link to other platforms like youtube or tiwtch witch is easy possible one dude did this allready as an Mincraft mod in the past the only problem would be that player can be outlagged if somone just puts on like 10 streams so it may just by Player based wath programm is running on the screen.

It would be nice, indeed. Wouldn't it be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShKWIL7VXQ