Not really an introduction...

But seeing how there's no off topic section of the forums, figured I'd put it here.

I suppose you could see it as an introductory thing.

What are some of the games that have most shaped your playstyle, favorite genre, or anything really with gaming?  The most impactful games on your life, if you will :)

Mine would be:

Dark Ages of Camelot - My first MMO

Fury - A combat arena-esque MMO

Face of Mankind - quite literally the reason I am still gaming, I think.

Dark Ages of Camelot really got me into MMOs, I wasn't really a gamer back then... as I was pretty young.  However, I could already tell that I would enjoy PvP ;)

Fury, if anyone played Fury... I honestly have to know.  I haven't met a single person who has played Fury, other than myself.  It was a pretty simplistic game, you had tab target combat in an arena.

Face of Mankind - Basically EVE online, but on the ground.  Before Legacy occurred and all that jazz, FoM was the best game there ever was.  The political strife and wars is still unprecedented.  Completely player run, phenomenal game.  However, very toxic near the end.

One thing you can probably see about me, is that I am into PvP games ;)

What about you?  What are your all time favorites :)?

I always liked sci-fi/space games, Homeworld was my first favorite, Descent 3 got me into FPS, Eve-Online got me into MMO. From there, Planetside and Planetside 2, Space Engineers got me into voxel/building. DU is the natural next step for me since it combines a lot of what I like. I like pvp/co-op games, especially without NPCs. I hate grinding by destroying NPCs, finding resources isn't as much of a grind for me.

More recently I branched out into episodic story-driven games, Life is Strange being the only one that I really got into so far.

I always liked sci-fi/space games, Homeworld was my first favorite, Descent 3 got me into FPS, Eve-Online got me into MMO. From there, Planetside and Planetside 2, Space Engineers got me into voxel/building. DU is the natural next step for me since it combines a lot of what I like. I like pvp/co-op games, especially without NPCs. I hate grinding by destroying NPCs, finding resources isn't as much of a grind for me.

More recently I branched out into episodic story-driven games, Life is Strange being the only one that I really got into so far.

I remember having some right good times on Planetside 2, whether it be going against the odds. Or being the odds... and getting creamed :P

You still play Planetside 2?  I remember they were supposed to come out with a new continent, did they ever come through on that?

I remember having some right good times on Planetside 2, whether it be going against the odds. Or being the odds... and getting creamed :P

You still play Planetside 2?  I remember they were supposed to come out with a new continent, did they ever come through on that?

I have not played it in a year or more. I heard about them releasing new stuff, but not sure what it is or if they did.

A really good question, got me thinking here. Although i am gamer at heart i must confess that i played A LOT of games but 99% of them over a short period like a few days or even just hours. However there is one game that really got a good hold on me and that is Wurm online. To explain it i would have to call the advanced and adult version of minecraft. It is a sandbox mmorpg and actually a really good one. It is the game Notch created before minecraft with another friend of his.

And since i played this game for so many hours starting back in 2005 i must say that i really shaped me and what kind of games i like. I can just read "sandbox mmorpg" and my interest is peaked, however games like WOW and similar never really interested me. Same with FPS games, i guess i used to play CS 1.6 a lot when i was younger but that is a long time ago.