Joint Syndicate Defense Force

Halo381

Hello there! I am Halo381, and I am the Admiral governing the Joint Syndicate Defense Force, or JSDF for short. Many people wonder as to what exactly the JSDF is. Let me explain: the JSDF is a mutual defensive coalition between the Member Organizations of the Cinderfall Syndicate. Our job is to protect the assets of the Cinderfall Syndicate Member Organizations when they are unable to. If all of your defenders are offline, you need but call and we’ll send a force to assist you in defending the facility until your defenders return from their real lives. Every Member Organization is offered this protection. All we ask is that you give us some of your time in return. The JSDF needs members, from both within the CSYN Member Organizations, and from individuals unaffiliated with any other org. Our gates are open; all you need do is enter.

If you are already a member of the Cinderfall Syndicate, then I will be pinning a form to the Discord channel. If you are not a member of the Cinderfall Syndicate, then I’d like for you to join. Our Discord channel is open to all, and if you have any questions about the Syndicate, they can be answered there. 

NOTE: If you initiate a conflict, it’s up to you to finish it. The JSDF is not here to fight your wars for you, it’s here to give you peace of mind while you’re away from your computer.

So what makes you the admiral? Experience? Would love to know that

That would be correct. Our administrators were all selected under careful consideration. For example, our Chief of Defense has considerable experience in previous MMO Guild Leadership (15+ years) and a potential Chief of Commerce has extensive background in economics.

What makes me the admiral? Quite, frankly, because Astrophil saw qualities in me that he deemed worthy of this position. I won't claim to be the most experienced, or the best leader. But I am a good leader. I pride myself in being as un-biased and fair as I can possibly be. I pride myself on being adaptable, able to handle any situation I'm placed in calmly. I pride myself on being a quick learner, and a good tactician. 

So, to truly answer your question, I'm the Admiral because I'm qualified to be. Perhaps not the very best, but at the end of the day, I've got the job.

So what makes you the admiral? Experience? Would love to know that

As he has mentioned himself, Halo demonstrated excellent qualities, including calm and effective action under pressure and an inclination to help others out, which made him the best choice for the Admiral position. All of our leaders within the Administration were carefully selected based on holistic consideration of their qualities and experience. Our Chief of Defense, for example, has considerable experience (15+ years) in leading guilds previously in MMOs, while a potential Chief of Commerce has extensive background in Economics.

Unlike as some may have insinuated, we do not judge based only on personality or charm. While attitude is an important factor in determining competence for a certain position, it is not the sole determininant.

What makes me the admiral? Quite, frankly, because Astrophil saw qualities in me that he deemed worthy of this position. I won't claim to be the most experienced, or the best leader. But I am a good leader. I pride myself in being as un-biased and fair as I can possibly be. I pride myself on being adaptable, able to handle any situation I'm placed in calmly. I pride myself on being a quick learner, and a good tactician.

So, to truly answer your question, I'm the Admiral because I'm qualified to be. Perhaps not the very best, but at the end of the day, I've got the job.

No offense, and I really don't want to derail this thread, but I was more thinking about the qualification. Tactic and fleet commander wise. Have you ever FCed a fleet in eve involving more than 10 people? Have you ever plotted a plan to make an attack work? Do you have the technical prerequisites to even command a large amount of people? (Like a good structured TS where the essential Intel gets to you, custom programs to see where everybody is and what they do and pings).

I'm really curious about that. Even if someone is capable and experienced, but doesn't have the technical possibilities (and vice versa) it will be hard to bear the title of "admiral"