Greetings from beyond the pages...

Almanac

Hello. I'm Almanac. A scholar and explorer of sorts. I suppose an understanding of the kind of person I think I am would be a good place to start. (I say think, because I don't really know how people perceive me)

My personal info on my profile says: "I'm a writer. I'm also very good at analysing political situations and group mentality. I've been in charge of large virtual organisations before, but I have no interest in management on Dual Universe. I'm interested in being a builder really, I love the idea of exploring and building, and being creative. Where that leads me, I'm not quite sure."

I feel more detail is needed. When I say "I've been in charge of large virtual organisations before" that's something of a vague stretch if I'm honest. I managed a role-playing sim on Second Life, two of them, housing around 150 active members each. I suppose in Dual Universe terms, that wont be considered large at all. But the management involved system designing, admin responsibilities and more work than most expect. I enjoyed it immensely, but it somewhat took over my life and caused IRL issues. So I don't plan to delve into that again to avoid a repeat of the last time.

I'm a writer, wanting to be an author eventually; but despite what I would consider an 'adept grasp' of literature and sentence structure, you will still find that I commit grammatical and spelling mistakes from time to time. Dyslexia is a b*tch. Hurray for spellcheck.

I'm 26, married, and living in England.

Now... about Dual Universe...

I have no understanding of what I'm doing. I backed the project and will get into the Beta and stuff, which is gonna be cool, but I'm not sure what I'll do when I get there. I love the idea of building things, but I have zero programming capability. I love the idea of exploration, but I'll be joining/have joined The Aether so I'm not sure how much 'lone explorer' time I'll get. I'm also very VERY new to the forum, less than a week old and haven't really done much other than read a few things in the shadows. So consider me green in the understanding of how much has already been developed socially within the game (in the context of clans and organisations and stuff).

I hope to make friends, find my place, and work hard to create something great.

- Almanac

(PS: I've never paid for a subscription game before, and its something I'm extremely hesitant to start doing now. I'm giving Dual Universe a trial run and intend to devote myself to it while I have it available to me (once released) before paying. My hope is that Dual Universe delivers enough on its promises to convince me to stick around. No game has managed yet, but Dual Universe might just be the one. ^-^ )

Welcome Almanac. (Nice name btw.)

I totally hear you about managing groups. About 8 months ago I retired myself from managing a community. The time and energy it takes is something most people dont really understand. While in a sense its a loss giving up an appreciated social function its also very liberating not having to live on "guild" time. ;)

As for the subscription model, its a very nice set up really. You pay your fee to enter the club and thats it. You are free to use the facilities as much or as little as you want. Everybody is created equal and in case of a problem you'll have a staff of payed support to help you.

See you on the forum and have fun! :D

Hello and welcome! Like your name because the movie (Project Almanac) although not the best one was right up my alley in terms of genre. 

Regarding the pay2play model i prefer it over anything else. Hopefully you will see the benefits of it and like Dual Universe enough to stay and since you will be playing in the Beta that means you will have enough DACs to really test the game out before you will have to start paying a subscription fee.

Wow it really feels like i trying to promote and defend the pay2play model.. Ah well guess i am  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello. Have you played any other voxel building games before? Even if you find out you don't enjoy building things it sounds like you can just buy pre-made ships/blueprints. And programming/scripting is not necessary, just something that is available to customize functions afaik.

Hello and welcome! Like your name because the movie (Project Almanac) although not the best one was right up my alley in terms of genre. 

Regarding the pay2play model i prefer it over anything else. Hopefully you will see the benefits of it and like Dual Universe enough to stay and since you will be playing in the Beta that means you will have enough DACs to really test the game out before you will have to start paying a subscription fee.

Wow it really feels like i trying to promote and defend the pay2play model.. Ah well guess i am  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nope. Havent played any before, but I LOVE being creative and the idea of mining resources to build and upgrade is something I greatly enjoy. ^-^ Thank you all for the warm welcome. ^^