Hi! I'm Eminio and I'm looking for adventure

Eminio

Hi! I just saw this game and I'm really bummed I missed the kick starter :( but I want to still get involved! I used to play EVE Online which is also a spaceship game. I really liked the action in EVE Online and I'd love to get in a group like that her, but a couple of the groups I have looked at have been either super strict or rally wacky and not serious. Are there any groups for privateering/piracy that are actually a little bit honorable? Or any big groups that have a subgroup like that?

Hi Eminio! Welcome to the forums! You did miss the kickstarter, but fortunately there will be a way to donate to Novaquark again soon, and receive some of the bonuses that were available to backers. If you come from EVE then you'll enjoy the concept of this game, as the concept of Dual Universe is similar. As for groups, I'm not too familiar with all of them and their policies, so if you're looking for a serious pirate group than your search is as good as mine. Of course, you're always welcome to start your own group too, though you have to put some effort in or it won't get very far. Good luck, and have fun!

Welcome :)

There are many people from EVE that took an interest in DU. Actually we seem to have quite diverse backgrounds in the community because DU uses a lot of popular elements for its game design.

Dont feel pressured into joining groups immediatly. There is nothing wrong with shopping around and a lot of the groups that are running today might not even make it come launch day. Thats just the way it is.

Have fun regardless and see you on the forum. :)

but a couple of the groups I have looked at have been either super strict or rally wacky and not serious. Are there any groups for privateering/piracy that are actually a little bit honorable? 

Greetings Eminio! It would be nice if the kickstarter could continue to take in $ and still give out rewards for a while. 

Gonna get some heat for this one... ^_^

Hey are you calling us Wacky :o LOL? I don't think we appear too strict.  Honor in piracy please, there is no honor in stealing from other people, only greed. 

-The Solar Empire.   

Greetings Eminio! It would be nice if the kickstarter could continue to take in $ and still give out rewards for a while. 

Gonna get some heat for this one... ^_^

Hey are you calling us Wacky :o LOL? I don't think we appear too strict.  Honor in piracy please, there is no honor in stealing from other people, only greed. 

I think it will be possible to continue to contribute through their shop after they set it up

-The Solar Empire.   

I'm sorry if I offended you! I wasn't talking about your group. And there is a difference between a thief and a griefer!

I'm sorry if I offended you! I wasn't talking about your group. And there is a difference between a thief and a griefer!

lol don't worry about it  :D  what do you think of us(the solar empire) though, we like to hear feedback, bad or good. Its the only way someone can improve. We are also going through a major overhaul our or description page right now, its really outdated and needs a lot of work. We plan on having a insignia for each of our divisions and a description for each, just need to finish making the new insignias. 

.....But honestly how can you call yourself honorable when you steal from others?

.....But honestly how can you call yourself honorable when you steal from others?

He said a little bit honorable, one could argue being a thief is more honorable than being a murderer, being a rapist is even less honorable, Ruling over a genocide is even less honorable still 

also honor is not defined as a specific set list of behaviors and ideals, what is honorable to some may be reprehensible to others 

He said a little bit honorable, one could argue being a thief is more honorable than being a murderer, being a rapist is even less honorable, Ruling over a genocide is even less honorable still 

also honor is not defined as a specific set list of behaviors and ideals, what is honorable to some may be reprehensible to others 

I hear ya, just with all that's going on in the real world, don't know why people wouldn't want to take the high road. 

Another for the pirates life aye! At this rate the privateer/pirate population will outnumber all the rest lol

But their kryptonite will be their greed and backstabbing. Selfishness not being a solid foundation to build on will never allow them to be greater than the selfless no matter the numbers.

:D

Hahahahahaha. Everyone is selfish. Some want to be the best builders, best city planers, best scripters, best whatever. Selfishness all around you, even in those other groups

You don't have to be the best. Just be all you can be. Your friends will help you the rest of the way.

• 2 weeks later...