I am very excited about the possibility that this game will be released in VR.  I think VR was made for a game like this and would really add to the immersion.  

I know NQ mentioned it is a possibility (they said it's the reason they went for a first person point of view).  This was actually a big selling point for me.  

I know there is funding available for developers from both Oculus and Vive.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/10/06/facebook-will-double-its-250-million-investment-in-vr-content/

What are the chances of VR being available for the initial release?

I can't imagine how i feel when Building those Ships, Cities & Space Station with VR experience  :D

that will be Extremely Awesome !

But i think there is a small chance the Dev's will put VR support on the Initial Release  :unsure:

I can't imagine how i feel when Building those Ships, Cities & Space Station with VR experience  :D

But i think there is a small chance the Dev's will put VR support on the Initial Release  :unsure:

Since you can rotate yourself...

*holds rotation buttons*.

What are the chances of VR being available for the initial release?

Not very high I'm afraid.

If my memory serves me right during the KS NQ said they want to implement it but it will most likely not make it for initial release.

Real small, a simple version of it perhaps.

It would make for a great expansion however!

Unfortunately, in order for VR to be done well the game seems to have to be designed around such a system.  NQ stated that they will be adding it post release, if at all.

Granted, this is for it to be done well.  A game designed around VR vs a game with tacked on VR feel completely different.  However, I can say that tacked on VR is better than no VR!