Post-Kickstarter

Hades

You guys have announced a post Kickstarter funding campaign, that's great! However, you have also stated that you are offering Kickstarter rewards as well. Kickstarter rewards need to be dropped from the post Kickstart campaign, in order to keep the integrity of said campaign. You can implement new rewards, that would be great! But you guys stated that things like the pet were exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign, please don't go back on your word.

I would suggest new rewards to garner pledges from new and old members. Perhaps have a set of special paints that can be used on blocks in the world, or maybe special emotes and the like.

You guys have announced a post Kickstarter funding campaign, that's great! However, you have also stated that you are offering Kickstarter rewards as well. Kickstarter rewards need to be dropped from the post Kickstart campaign, in order to keep the integrity of said campaign. You can implement new rewards, that would be great! But you guys stated that things like the pet were exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign, please don't go back on your word.

I would suggest new rewards to garner pledges from new and old members. Perhaps have a set of special paints that can be used on blocks in the world, or maybe special emotes and the like.

Make it clothing, cause everything else will only make your ship a target for people who think "oh look, a special snowflake, let's destroy him just to piss him off!". I guess that's why the Devs went with the Alpha Team Outfit reward for certain levels of pledge. It will make you less of a target on a ship :P

NQ already give some special things for Early Backers on the Kickstarter Campaign  ;)

" If you pledge (or have already pledged) a Bronze Founder Pack or above, you will get a special Kickstarter spacesuit for all your characters! This is a reward exclusive for the Kickstarter campaign ! "

You can read the full info here (Update 16) : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/posts/1699166

Some of the rewards may overlap but they won't be the same ones from the KS for the same reasons you outlined.

DACs are a bit universal so I know well see those. Even if they keep the figurine and other physical goodies that doesn't really hurt anything.

NQ are good guys, they'll put together something good. Let's give them room to breathe on it

Fair enough, I was under the impression the rewards were going to be made available post Kickstarter due to:

"Kickstarter backers will be able to upgrade their pledges, and new backers will be able to pledge at a slightly higher price"

Perhaps I "jumped the gun" with assumptions.

Either way, seems like a great team. No doubting that, just hope they handle the post Kickstarter well enough :)

As for the "Kickstarter already has special items" correct, the pet was supposed to be a Kickstarter exclusive.

NQ are good guys, they'll put together something good. Let's give them room to breathe on it

I agree let NQ do their thing.

Some rewards might come back but they will be more expensive. Exclusives are nice but not important in my opinion.

Remember they are a 26 person team. ;)

Some of the rewards may overlap but they won't be the same ones from the KS for the same reasons you outlined.

DACs are a bit universal so I know well see those. Even if they keep the figurine and other physical goodies that doesn't really hurt anything.

They should give us Hello Kitty stickers. Everyone loves those.

I agree let NQ do their thing.

Some rewards might come back but they will be more expensive. Exclusives are nice but not important in my opinion.

Remember they are a 25 person team. ;)

Exclusives, when they are said to be exclusive need to stay exclusive. Especially when money is involved, but even when it's not... sticking to your word on small matters makes you all the more trustworthy.

Exclusives, when they are said to be exclusive need to stay exclusive. Especially when money is involved, but even when it's not... sticking to your word on small matters makes you all the more trustworthy.

I meant it in the sense that for me they shouldnt introduce extra exclusive rewards. They have enough work already, in my opinion.

They've also got an obligation to make the game and they need to make money to do that. So sure a few things from the KS packages will be unique but its just not very realistic to think all or even most will. The new packages will have many of the same items but likely with different colors or skins and such for the cosmetic items. So the suits and pets and such in the new packages will exist but will be different enough from the KS ones. They'll also be more expensive to add the KS packages value and prestige. The basic rule is the earlier the supporter the better value for your "investment".

I would also prefer the same rewards mostly because i really wanted to pledge the silver one for (€50 and then €60) but i was short on money. I still want to back the game more then my current €15 iron pledge but if the rewards would be really sub-par i might not see a need to upgrade. I am mostly after the beta-access and removing that would be insta-no for me to upgrade my pledge mostly because i am poor student that has to choose carefully what games i back. (This being my third game ever backing).

They've also got an obligation to make the game and they need to make money to do that. So sure a few things from the KS packages will be unique but its just not very realistic to think all or even most will. The new packages will have many of the same items but likely with different colors or skins and such for the cosmetic items. So the suits and pets and such in the new packages will exist but will be different enough from the KS ones. They'll also be more expensive to add the KS packages value and prestige. The basic rule is the earlier the supporter the better value for your "investment".

When did I say everything had to be exclusive? If they said it's a Kickstarter exclusive, it should stay that way. I made a pledge based on their word, are they going to keep it? If they can't keep their word on a simple issue as this, how can I trust them with a game?

This may be an overly dramatic viewpoint, but it stands to reason.

Obviously DACs, alpha access, beta access, etc were never said to be KS exclusive. Pets, the alpha suit, and so forth were. They literally said pets would not be obtainable outside the KS.

When did I say everything had to be exclusive? If they said it's a Kickstarter exclusive, it should stay that way. I made a pledge based on their word, are they going to keep it? If they can't keep their word on a simple issue as this, how can I trust them with a game?

This may be an overly dramatic viewpoint, but it stands to reason.

Obviously DACs, alpha access, beta access, etc were never said to be KS exclusive. Pets, the alpha suit, and so forth were. They literally said pets would not be obtainable outside the KS.

Exclusives will stay exclusive. But that doesn't mean there won't be more suits and pets available in the new packages. It won't be the "Alpha Suit', it'll be the Beta Suit and have different colors and styles.

The only promise should be worried about is the one they made to make the game and keep to their vision the best they can. Fluff and cosmetics are secondary.

Exclusives will stay exclusive. But that doesn't mean there won't be more suits and pets available in the new packages. It won't be the "Alpha Suit', it'll be the Beta Suit and have different colors and styles.

The only promise should be worried about is the one they made to make the game and keep to their vision the best they can. Fluff and cosmetics are secondary.

But they are promises nonetheless, pets were stated to be solely exclusive to the KS campaign.

Will try and find the quote later, it's somewhere in the KS comments.

However, like I said... I may have jumped to conclusions before I should have. I tied the first part of the sentence to the second part, creating an assumption that new people would be able to buy KS packages post kickstarter.

I meant it in the sense that for me they shouldnt introduce extra exclusive rewards. They have enough work already, in my opinion.

In my mind post kickstarter should focus on alpha, beta access and DACs nothing more, nothing less.

I only threw in the fluff to appeal to those who want fluff I guess :P

you guys stated that things like the pet were exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign, please don't go back on your word.

I skimmed through the entire Kickstarter page and i could not find the word exclusive anywhere or any reference to the pets or anything else being exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign.

I might have missed it somewhere.  But i don't see it.

• In-game Pet: A cool mechanized pet robot that will follow you everywhere. The higher version, the shinier it will be!

Yea I don't remember pets being exclusive to KS.  

Honestly though, it doesn't matter.  I am almost certain that the non KS folk will pay a higher price for their DAC's.  I, myself, paid 4 dollars a DAC or less when you figure in that alpha and beta access is worth something (maybe 20-50 bucks).  Final price for a DAC for me was 2-4 dollars.  Final price when game is released, 10-15 dollars a DAC.  In fact, i bought almost 5 years (plus the two years of testing) of DAC's for the price (almost) a single year will cost when the game releases; that is a 7:1 return...a stellar deal if you ask me.

I understand your point.  If they said something they should stick to it.  But they didn't say exactly how it would be exclusive (if they did...I am not conceding on this).  If I said this but determined I needed to fund more I absolutely would open the KS back up and make your item gold or give you some special skin and raise the DAC price on the noobs (this single point right here is why KS is worth its weight).  I hope as a society (we are a society), you guys would forgive me as producing a game is what we have paid for and not having a game would be a complete waste of our money. 

You act like because someone else has a level 4 pet that funded later than you, that you have lost your entire investment (such a horrible word choice...this isn't an investment) and I am simply not buying your argument.  I don't know what level backer you are, but you certainly got your DAC's cheaper than anyone else who comes in, in the future!  

Double post, my bad!  Internet was on the fritz.

I will just reiterate a few things though:

I may have jumped to conclusions on the meaning of the Kickstarter update.

By no means do I think it will "devalue" my investment as someone put earlier.  I would argue that it isn't even an investment, but a thank you for the hard work they have put in so far.  You have to realize, they put in around 3 years or so of work into the engine already right?

I personally believe a Kickstarter is an avenue for a development team to get the fuel they need to even think about completing a game.  The rewards should reflect the symbiotic thank you between both parties.