Counterfeiting, fraud and fun for all the family

Anopheles

Would "Your overconfidence will be your downfall" or "You assume too much" work for you?

Still, it would be a weak arguement :|

His logic makes bounty hunting something to avoid by people.

His logic makes warfare something to avoid, as anyone can spam report someone for "griefing" and the whole system becomes worse than the actual legal system we have in the real world. It clogs the customer support with pointless "woah woah, I was killed 5 times because I went into the pirates' ghetto for the 11th time, woah".

This is why they won't bother with repeatedly going after one player. If someone has a vendetta with someone, that's Emergent Gameplay. and lore players affected in the game in their story they weave.

But harrassment, especially the verbal one, is easier for the system to keep track of. Add a profanity filter that is optional and have the system check in for profane words if a harrassment report is sent. Then the admin looks up the conversation and evaluates if the person that was reported started the arguement or not.

That's why I say "don't be a verbal jerk". You want to troll someone after you kill them for the 11th time? Say something like "thy villainous acts have met their end knave!" and bail. There's not even a cuss in it.

If someone publishes your real life info in the game for everyone to see, that's actually a very good reason to ban soemone.

Like what Ripper tried to do the other week and he looked up some poor guy on facebook and went all "I found your name, here are your initials". :V

Did I report that? Nope. Because unlike some people I got a thick skin.

I'm not overconfident. I'm just well aware. There's a difference.

The devs are not supposed to be in charge of the game world, so griefing does not go against the rules. Cyber-bullying (verbal harassment as an example) will not be tolerated. Cyber-bullying is often done through communication and not in game actions, and it requires the victim to report it, which then the community team will have a look at communications between the players and help settle things. It is not something that game design is supposed to deal with, because it can't without making the game worse for everyone. If you feel like you are being harassed, report it and hope that the community team are good at their jobs (which I think they are anyway).

The devs are not supposed to be in charge of the game world, so griefing does not go against the rules. Cyber-bullying (verbal harassment as an example) will not be tolerated. Cyber-bullying is often done through communication and not in game actions, and it requires the victim to report it, which then the community team will have a look at communications between the players and help settle things. It is not something that game design is supposed to deal with, because it can't without making the game worse for everyone. If you feel like you are being harassed, report it and hope that the community team are good at their jobs (which I think they are anyway).

Exactly. 

Although, trash talking on skype or on a teamspeak server, should not be valid reasons for a harrassment report IN-GAME.

We all know that siege negotiations will get very heated. :| 

Just saying.

Exactly. 

Although, trash talking on skype or on a teamspeak server, should not be valid reasons for a harrassment report IN-GAME.

We all know that siege negotiations will get very heated. :| 

Just saying.

Hence why the community team should be good, as then they won't insta-ban people who are reported

This reminds me of Entropia Universe. If you are repeatedly killed in a PvP area they will tell you to stop going there, if that much. I'm not sure how they handle verbal harassment but they are kinds strict about cussing in chat. As far as to make an auto filter that bleeps it out.

Cyber bullying is now illegal in most 1st world countries. I don't think NQ wants to get dragged through the mud about that.

Also, making someone's privat information public is illegal. At least in the States.

This reminds me of Entropia Universe. If you are repeatedly killed in a PvP area they will tell you to stop going there, if that much. I'm not sure how they handle verbal harassment but they are kinds strict about cussing in chat. As far as to make an auto filter that bleeps it out.

Cyber bullying is now illegal in most 1st world countries. I don't think NQ wants to get dragged through the mud about that.

Also, making someone's privat information public is illegal. At least in the States.

It is illegal anywhere in fact. :| 

But yeah, the Devs should make it clear what cussing is allowed (game is not geared towards children in any case). 

If callinga a person dickhead holds the same weight on getting banned with threatening someone's life, then the devs will have to filter for too much info via chat-log scanning for cusses.

But yeah, PK ? NQ won't do anything about it. They said "You better know what you're doing if you leave the safe zone" on the KS video. 

But verbal harrassment should be a very very good reason for a ban, or at least, a temporary ban with the "three strikes out" rule.

I do not se the reason to have the limit. This is a sandbox. Everyone knows that a sandbox with many limits isnt good. So lets take a look at the bigger picture here. Dual is based on the idea of letting players build human civilization once again. From scratch. Well I, personally are alredy dissepointed allredy over the few game mechanics that excist. Why? Because the players could have done it by themself. You are worried about your constructs legimity to you? This is Dual. Some will find a way to lose this problem. I have allredy. The only thing you guyes cant see, is the other side of the wall. Today in the real world do we have the same problems as in Dual. Look how they made it, and learn. Have some faith in your organization/ nation or federation. Cuz they are there to take care of you. Arent they?