Counterfeiting, fraud and fun for all the family

Anopheles

Blueprint copies perhaps (that have a limited number of runs) but not blueprints Masers (which won't even clear during wipes from Alpha>beta>release)

BP masters will be able to.be stolen as well. They will be an item. However your data is saved in the game so you wont lose the data but BPC and BPM will be stealable items.

BP masters will be able to.be stolen as well. They will be an item. However your data is saved in the game so you wont lose the data but BPC and BPM will be stealable items.

NOPE, BP masters are stored in your character's library. They are NOT an item (strictly digital, like currency), BP copes however are.

However if your character's name was "Deecon", that might be enough to create some confusion and for some people to fall for it.

I'm cool with this either way, I think players trying to copy ship designs is fun!

Plus it incentivize ship builders to use very complex voxel shape combinations as part of their design, that would be challenging to replicate.

That would be enough for me.

NOPE, BP masters are stored in your character's library. They are NOT an item (strictly digital, like currency), BP copes however are.

No BP's are an item in game that can be stolen, both masters and copies.  The game as JC calls it can take a snapshot so the information of your creation is never lost even if all BP's are stolen or lost. Watch starting at 50 minute mark here. Or about 51 min 45 seconds.

I interpreted that video differently.

I think JC's use of the term 'snapshot' is synonymous with 'Master Blueprint'.

If you purchased a ship, you can repair it, but you're not going to be able to rebuild it from scratch (snapshot) because you don't own the blueprint. A 'snapshot' is to protect the builder. Therefore it's a 'Master Blueprint'.

WizardOfTrash is right. Those Master Blueprints ARE the snapshots that are saved to your client. They're unable to be stolen.

I interpreted that video differently.

I think JC's use of the term 'snapshot' is synonymous with 'Master Blueprint'.

If you purchased a ship, you can repair it, but you're not going to be able to rebuild it from scratch (snapshot) because you don't own the blueprint. A 'snapshot' is to protect the builder. Thus it's a 'Master Blueprint'.

WizardOfTrash is right. Those Master Blueprints ARE the snapshots that are saved to your client. They're unable to be stolen.

The next person who gets an interview with JC out there .... please clarify this for us all ... mmmmkay?  Thnx :D

I thought copies can not be made from copies but only from masters .... and both are in game items. Maybe master and snapshot are the same. I was thinking they were separate things. Maybe I am taking the BPO and BPC concept from Eve a bit, but I thought JC said they were different things.

I cant remember what the deal is with master blueprints and copies. But snapshots are NOT masterblueprints.

Snapshots are images you create during construction. Its basicly an autosave function. ;)

How's that different from a Master Blueprint?

Yeah, you can have several snapshots during the construction of the construct.  But I could do that by creating Master Blueprints as well.   A snapshot and a master blueprint are only differentiated by when the builder thinks the construct is finished.  He may delete the previous snapshots, only keeping the MB or he might save previous snapshots so he can make different revisions of the construct.

How's that different from a Master Blueprint?

I think the difference is that a blueprint is created as an active action after the construct is finished. And I seem to remember that JC used the word autosave to describe snapshots.

Copies have to be physical items.

Master blueprints I think they wont be physical because we will carry those over from alpha to release. So they sound as digital character bound items. But then again the wiki says master bp's allow for unlimited copies of a construct.

Its all a bit confusing at the moment.

However I'll try to find the interview where he explained the snapshots. Its a lot of audio so I'll post it when I find it. Might be tomorow. :)

Once you have the Blueprint, or a Construct Snapshot with a Repair Unit, it�s only a matter of gathering resources to repair it or reproduce it an infinite number of times.

Under Protection We Have For Builders

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/378-devblog-builder-gameplay-voxel-tools-elements/?hl=blueprints

What I get from that is snapshots are not the same as blueprints.

Haha it was actually the DM21 video posted in this thread. Luckily it was the 2nd video I started listening to.

"We will make sure no information is ever lost, so if you build something there will be snapshots that will happen all the time. To save whatever you are building, the state of your construct. Its a bit like blueprints but the difference is that a blueprint is something you can sell on the market. That you can use in a factory to make several copies of your stuffs. So a blueprint is a gameplay item, it is part of the ingame reality. Snapshots are more like something on your computer like an autosave that happens."

Thats the best I could do transcribing the audio. Its pretty clear in my opinion.

Snapshots are not blueprints.

:)

You'll be able to rent land as far as I know, why not ships? Should work the same way, since it's all part of the "duties and management system". Not sure though if the ability to ask for money will be in this module or in the "contracts and jobs" (and you'd be able to ask a collateral in case of damage/steal/destruction). 

Shit...that sounds very second life now.  Will we not get land for free?

Most likely we will have to rent in order to ensure we continue to use that space.

If we don't maintain the rent, the space will likely open up for others to use. Hopefully, if that's the case, the devs will maintain our items so they can be placed elsewhere when we acquire new land.

Shit...that sounds very second life now. Will we not get land for free?

In essence all land is free.

You can build where ever you want. No rent required.

It is only when a Territory Unit is placed that ownership of land is enacted. The owner of the TU will have full rights on that piece of land. In that case and only in that case you could be required to pay rent to build inside the territory.

Yep. This game should not be crime simulator.

Well, hopefully it could be open enough to allow people to play their own game without invisible, artificial walls and milquetoasts allowing their limited intelligence or courage to be the outer limits of possibility.

Yep. This game should not be crime simulator.

It will be though. The Devs did say they won't intervene on a scam, or if people gang up on a person multiple times.

BUT, they did say they will intervene if the conversation becomes toxic.

Crime? Yes.

Verbal harassment? No.

My understanding is:

Players can be scammed

Constructs can be stolen

DAC won't initially be able to be stolen, but the developers may allow it later.

And griefing of any kind will be addressed by NQ.

My understanding is:

Players can be scammed

Constructs can be stolen

DAC won't initially be able to be stolen, but the developers may allow it later.

And griefing of any kind will be addressed by NQ.

Not griefing. Harrassment. There's a difference.

If I kill a person over and over again, NQ can't do anything to me, I simply play the game, it's open world, I openly gank miners who enter my turf, but if go out of my way to call them names repeatedly, or say something "lel beep, beep, KYS beep beep beep beep". Then yes, NQ will probably intervene on that. That's abnoxious on a person to do so. Say something like "never come back here, this place is mine" in a gruff voice and not simply devolve into a barbarian. :| That's the key difference between griefing and harrassment.

If griefing in general was to be banned, then piracy would not be a thing.

I'm sure NQ will investigate on a case by case basis.  No matter what you call it.

If you're going out of your way to kill a newbie over and over, in order to spoil the game for the newbie.  I'm certain NQ will ban your account.  (no matter how much DAC you've amassed)

Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you.

I'm sure NQ will investigate on a case by case basis.  No matter what you call it.

If you're going out of your way to kill a newbie over and over, in order to spoil the game for the newbie.  I'm certain NQ will ban your account.  (no matter how much DAC you've amassed)

Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you.

Why would :

1) A newbie be off the safezone. If that person is off the safezone, it means they know what they are doing, NQ said so on the Kickstarter video. Duh.

2) Why would I be near the Arkship after a long while?

3) Why would NQ investigate it case by case? O.o They can have an option for "harrassment", then have keywords searches on the cluster the harrassment went on, private messages between the accused and the accuser and then have the local chat be investigated as well. You know, chat logs are very light on storage. So an automated function can be made to read for cussing going on and then NQ is alerted to intervene on it. They won't be playing Judge on every time you report someone for blowing your ship up, again and again That will happen, as the Bounty System isn't limited to one kill. :)

Get a grip man, verbal abuse is the problem. Bounty hunting would be a ban-bait with your train of thought. Not to mention ground warfare, where people will be dying time and time again and respawining. What? Does the losing faction fire off a report barrage like knaves? Oh wait, you din't think that far ahead. Oh well... one more reason for a bounty on you. Think of it as your very own Edge of Tomorrow :P .