Where is download client of game

GuruBozonas

Hey Guru,

Thanks for pledging. I apologize for the confusion. The Iron package gives you the game at its release & 2 DAC.

The current estimated release date is December 2018.

At this point in time nothing has been released. Even to Alpha or Beta backers.

Don't worry though. You can still get in the Alpha or Beta. Novaquark has indicated that if you don't want to wait for the release of the game, you will be able to upgrade your pledge.

They're working on a new payment gateway so you can upgrade your pledge.

Oh man. This news has got to come as a big disappointment. 

In very general terms game development (and development in general) will go through a number of distinct milestones and each of these is comprised of numerous iterations (the little steps between one milestone and the next). We are currently in the pre-Alpha milestone and after there will be Alpha and Beta milestones and finally the general release. So there is going to be a long time, a lot of work and many bugs squished between now and a public release.

My advice to you is that unless you are really interested in helping with bug tracking in the Beta you should limit your game time until after release. I've had some experience of Beta access games and it's easy to get burned out on an unfinished product. Even with all this said I expect this game to take a number of years after release to bulk up in terms of content. The same can be said of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.

--EDIT--

I just checked and the Iron founder pack doesn't include Beta access so it will be sometime in 2018 before the OP can play :(

Edited by Muttley

That's why this is on kickstarter and not steam.  Alpha will be some time in the first half of 2017 and beta 2018.  It should be available for general release second half of 2018.  Alpha players will experience a lot of issues and we'll probably restart our characters many times as the world is reset.  We'll literally be playing a game to test components of it that we know don't work 100%, and we'll be trying to figure out what conditions break the game so they can fix them.  Beta players will also experience bugs but the crashes there will probably be due to load and optimization issues more than logic errors.

Alpha and Beta players won't get to keep their character advancement or stuff, but we will know a lot more about how to play the game when general release comes, and it is satisfying helping someone debug their code by deliberately flying your ship into a sun at FTL speed to see what happens.

• 1 month later...

i have the goldpack $120,and it went rong by activation key ,i ask for new key 2 times .and when i look in my email ,and the spam folder no key ,think i am not activaded,or is that key for the alha release ,anybody???????????????????????????????????????? I whas confused aboud release this is from the webside:The Official Release is anticipated for 2018, but if you can't wait that long and want to help with testing:

• Alpha access will be available to backers at and above the Gold level
  • Closed Beta access will be available to backers at and above the Silver level

• 6 months later...

I return beta still is no released. Yes i know this is bad for all silver customers. We waiting. Who lose patience and became  angry can deklarate ultimatum to developers team and trowing torte to them face :D or tyf clocks :D :D :D

Sadly I can't understand hardly what you are saying.

But the longer they take the better. Rather they not rush the game at all. Not sure when Closed Beta is expected I would assume not till spring 2018? But I'm making up crap at that point. Closed Alpha I assume is not for a few months? I assume fall?

Heck now I think about the Closed Beta might be fall 2018 not sure how long they expect in between but Alpha to Beta could be as long as a year. Seen longer in other games/mmo's. 

I return beta still is no released. Yes i know this is bad for all silver customers. We waiting. Who lose patience and became  angry can deklarate ultimatum to developers team and trowing torte to them face :D or tyf clocks :D :D :D

google translate : WAT!!!!!

:)

I'm pretty sure that information on timing of alpha beta and and release have been available since the beginning, and while they delayed alpha by few months, I don't remember NQ ever promising beta before 2018. You might want to read on what you are paying for before spending money on something. 

ok, so I'm a gold package founder, when exactly is it I'm allowed to play/test ?   I was under the impression when I first pledged, months ago, it should have started by now?

It would seem that after reading  few more posts, the alpha, which is where I'll be allowed in, isn't even scheduled to start until September