Character Customisation and PayPal

Archonious

Yes but the dynamic area splitting should be able to handle combat across areas or big space battles wouldnt work.

Its a very interesting question in my opinion.

It works by subdividing large spaces into smaller spaces, which works fine if the opposing ships are in clusters of mixed Force A and Force B by subdividing the battle into chunks.

It would not work well if long range weapons pushed the limits of what could be loaded, you have a large cluster of Force A, a large cluster of Force B, and each cluster is far away using long-range weapons on each other. The game would see a volume of players on each end, and restrict their areas of influence putting each force too far away for their areas of influence despite being within weapons range.

This should be just fine for big space battles provided "long range" weapons are only long compared to other weapon ranges. "long" might be "I can still see that ship" instead of "at x20 zoom I can see the ship". Alternatively, manipulating area splitting could just be a mechanic of space battles. If i were to make the long-range cannons on your battleship less effective by harrassing it with fighters and restricting your area of influence with player density, it could be kinda fun!

Your are 10 clusters away, you zoom in, your POV is now 3 Clusters away from the target, thus, you update faster on their position. And if ou are on a ship, you would want to remain still for an orbital strike, as motion causes loss of accuracy (lateral motion in other words).

JC could zoom around in god mode and the loading didn't even happen that slowlly on a single machine that ran 200 clients and the server hosting at the same time.

It IS possible for a Zoom-In to be implemented, both for Avatars and Constructs, to make snipers more viable. Sure, locking on should take longer given the distance you elected to fire at.

JC's "zoom" may have simply been rapildy changing his position (position in the pre-alpha may be nothing more than viewpoint). If a feature like that makes it into the game (I doubt it), and it is implemented by changing your client's position (like I think it was) you are going to have some very strange situations. If I'm zoomed far in somewhere, and try to have my ship fire from it's position, my ship won't be loaded because I'm no longer there.

But again, I'm not pretending to know how this is going to work, and its a little early for you to pretend to know.

JC's "zoom" may have simply been rapildy changing his position (position in the pre-alpha may be nothing more than viewpoint). If a feature like that makes it into the game (I doubt it), and it is implemented by changing your client's position (like I think it was) you are going to have some very strange situations. If I'm zoomed far in somewhere, and try to have my ship fire from it's position, my ship won't be loaded because I'm no longer there.

But again, I'm not pretending to know how this is going to work, and its a little early for you to pretend to know.

Dude, are you actively trying to come up with BS? 

Presence on the server and viewpoint are not the same. Your Avatar will be on a fixed location on the server, your POV will move forward to the direction you aim. And even if it is working as a double registry on the server (which it won't, cause that's counter-productive to do), it would still work just fine. It's like saying that having a "near" definition on a directional light source in shaders actually produces two light sources in the game engine. It doesn't, it just enarges the radius at which the light source starts emitting light from its epicenter. Same deal with the Zoom function, you simply increase the Radius at which you begin seeign things, thus render farther away, with an FOV reduction to creathe the illsuion of looking through a scope. It's not rocket science, it's computer science.  

Funny enough, I keep predicting things accurately. Maybe it's because I actually know what I'm talking about :V .

Honestly, I didn't read all of your discussion, but I'm 100% sure:

All of you (some more, some less):

• Know too much
  • Try to pull future on your side
  • Putting your opinions as facts (even if something was stated about future plans, it is not fact)

So don't be "omniscient navel of the earth".

Thanks,

Archonious

Honestly, I didn't read all of your discussion, but I'm 100% sure:

All of you (some more, some less):

• Know too much
  • Try to pull future on your side
  • Putting your opinions as facts (even if something was stated about future plans, it is not fact)

So don't be "omniscient navel of the earth".

Thanks,

Archonious

Supreme Leader Cringe, here is the thing.

I'm talking of things being used in other games for years here. Even WoW had a relocation of the player's viewpoint with the Shaman spell Far Sight (or w/e those hunters used). You could look into areas on the other side of the continent by casting farsight, relocating your view of the area, load INTO another shard on the server (like the Barrens region in Kalimdor), then recast and recast until you ended in Silithus, or een the Night Elves' starting island.

That thing about Far Sight? That's what we knowledgable people like to call a "fact" .

I bet our technology has caught up to allow for DUAL to implement such a feature. I guess if WoW did it 2004, NQ can do it in 2016. 

So yeah, you guys will be orbitally striken, deal with it. Better get them force fields up.

(Well, CaptainTwerkmotor makes a lot of assertions that he claims are true - even when they aren't true.)

Please, DO tell us how Far Sight's mechanics are not true. 

Also, I make educated assessments. An assessment is not assertion. Learn it.

(Well, CaptainTwerkmotor makes a lot of assertions that he claims are true - even when they aren't true.)

He is, definitely. Let take a phrase from the last message "So yeah, you guys will be orbitally striken, deal with it."

But not only, everyone does that, even me sometimes)

P.S: Pinky, as I wrote above, I didn't read all of the text, so I don't fully understand what you try to say to me.

Thanks,

Archonious

Many good points were raised, but I don't think this has anything to do with the topic at hand. Could we move this hijack to another thread?

I agree, the unrelated discussion should be moved.

Jazzed about character customization though! It's the kind of thing I really do care about in a game. The fact that female character is an option right out of the gate is a big plus, I hate seeing devs push it to an "add later" zone

He is, definitely. Let take a phrase from the last message "So yeah, you guys will be orbitally striken, deal with it."

But not only, everyone does that, even me sometimes)

P.S: Pinky, as I wrote above, I didn't read all of the text, so I don't fully understand what you try to say to me.

Thanks,

Archonious

Then try and read before replying. It helps with avoiding misunderstandings.

I agree, the unrelated discussion should be moved.

Jazzed about character customization though! It's the kind of thing I really do care about in a game. The fact that female character is an option right out of the gate is a big plus, I hate seeing devs push it to an "add later" zone

Indeed, we derailed it hard.

I hope they have options for beards and not just two options : 1) Neckbeard 2) No beard.

That would be sad. :P

Please, DO tell us how Far Sight's mechanics are not true. 

Also, I make educated assessments. An assessment is not assertion. Learn it.

I'm not simply referring to your educated assessments. I'm also referring to your assertions that your assessments were true even after they've been proven false.

(I think all the posts should remain but, yes, let's get back to discussing character customization and Paypal.)

I'm not simply referring to your educated assessments. I'm also referring to your assertions that your assessments were true even after they've been proven false.

(I think all the posts should remain but, yes, let's get back to discussing character customization and Paypal.)

Provide example of being wrong. You seem to receive Opinions as Assertions and Assessments as Assertions. You make no sense good sir, no sense at all :V .

And no, theoretical physics discussions with Cornflakes don't count, as me and him have a problem in communication for a long time now. We can't keep it straight on if we talk physics or gameplay mechanics. :V

And every time I was proven wrong, I admitted it. It's my saving grace as many tell me.

So yeah, your arguements are fuller than a constupant intestinal track. 

Cheers :V

Provide example of being wrong. You seem to receive Opinions as Assertions and Assessments as Assertions. You make no sense good sir, no sense at all :V .

And no, theoretical physics discussions with Cornflakes don't count, as me and him have a problem in communication for a long time now. We can't keep it straight on if we talk physics or gameplay mechanics. :V

And every time I was proven wrong, I admitted it. It's my saving grace as many tell me.

hot-air-balloon-angry-bird-albuquerque-f

We don't collectively have time to shoot down every little thing you decide is true.

http://www.slideshare.net/ziobrando/bulshit-asymmetry-principle-lightning-talk

We don't collectively have time to shoot down every little thing you decide is true.

http://www.slideshare.net/ziobrando/bulshit-asymmetry-principle-lightning-talk

That's good of you to provide reasoning behind your DAC claims of "The Devs said the DACs will be unlootable, there's no reason to debate this, it's set in stone".

Now that you provide this link, it all makes sense. Your derailing of the Group Message you were included in, your constant spam on the subject of DAC and how you have backpedalled from it ever since the Devs said DACs will be lootable when they implement the PLEX-like system.

Thank you for providing your textbook on the subject of Bullshit, WizardofTrash, now we know you were deliberate on your toxicity. :D

How about plastic surgery/body shops later on?

I would pay money to switch hairstyles and such when I feel like it. Wouldnt be out of place in a game like DU.

Seconded.

Perhaps a construct element like a Market Unit where a character could have this done? or perhaps it could be part of being resurrected at a node?

I'd also like to see more options get added during expansions/updates

Seconded.

Perhaps a construct element like a Market Unit where a character could have this done? or perhaps it could be part of being resurrected at a node?

I'd also like to see more options get added during expansions/updates

I would prefer it being an element. That way people can create shops and make some credits with it.

I would also like to see more character customization options being added over time. Lots of people would like cybernetics, different hair styles and I've even seen people request cat ears.

I guess why not? With a body shop element old characters can upgrade their look over time and it would perhaps make the devs work easier over time? Not sure about that last part.

As long as its part of the devs artistic vision for the game its all good for me.