So what Style of ships would you build or buy?

guttertrash

My Death Star comment was very tongue in cheek, I have a couple of ship designs I've created in EGS that are based off the star ship troopers serries. My fighter is rather nimble but well armoured and gunned up with rail guns or another version with plasma cannons. My cruiser sized CV is long and lean not exact by any stretch but very similar to the Roger young. I have tried to replicate the roger young but the drop ship mechanic just doesn't work in that game yet far too cumbersome to land and re dock inverted

My Death Star comment was very tongue in cheek, I have a couple of ship designs I've created in EGS that are based off the star ship troopers serries. My fighter is rather nimble but well armoured and gunned up with rail guns or another version with plasma cannons. My cruiser sized CV is long and lean not exact by any stretch but very similar to the Roger young. I have tried to replicate the roger young but the drop ship mechanic just doesn't work in that game yet far too cumbersome to land and re dock inverted

I like those ships but weren't most of them not really ment for combat and mostly used as transports? I think a lot of people want to build combat type capital ships as they have really large guns and are able to do a lot but they also will probably cost a lot to build

I like those ships but weren't most of them not really ment for combat and mostly used as transports? I think a lot of people want to build combat type capital ships as they have really large guns and are able to do a lot but they also will probably cost a lot to build

"Yes, indeed. They will also need cargo ships to haul all the materials for building capital ships. In the long run, some people might need transport ships to ferry smaller crafts around a growing Universe. Finally, some people might need a Death Star as a deterrence or weapon.

"

What style of spaceship will I build ?

Like in Robocraft, I will think before anything else of one HUGE thing :

STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY

Then I will look for maneuverability, and thrust. But the ship has to be thin to move in small areas. And of course, it has to look cool :D

I think it's a good description of how I will build/buy my ships :)

I played robocraft... and to hell with stability.  GUNS GUNS GUNS!  

My ships will have way more guns then necessary.  I'll sacrifice everything for brute force.  I'll surround them with tiny ships also with way to many guns. 

I played robocraft... and to hell with stability. GUNS GUNS GUNS!

My ships will have way more guns then necessary. I'll sacrifice everything for brute force. I'll surround them with tiny ships also with way to many guns.

If your ship is on the back and can't move because of it, bombers will love you :P

Putting too much SMGs is... not realy the best idea x)

I prefer playing with Rail Cannons :D

Always think of strategy (in DU like in Robocraft)

Bulky and efficient mainly, with very little "frills". Not to say they'll be plain looking, they'll look nice in their own way. I just dislike ships with excess detail and such, preferring bulky looking ships.

As to the type, it would love to build a carrier of some description with bays of bombers and fighters on-board, ready to be deployed at a moments notice. 

Bulky and efficient mainly, with very little "frills". Not to say they'll be plain looking, they'll look nice in their own way. I just dislike ships with excess detail and such, preferring bulky looking ships.

As to the type, it would love to build a carrier of some description with bays of bombers and fighters on-board, ready to be deployed at a moments notice. 

"Functionality over form, no?"