So what Style of ships would you build or buy?

guttertrash

"Interesting choices. I believe in bringing minimalism into ship design with a touch a white aesthetic design. More or less like the Amarr Empire without the obnoxious gold meeting in holy matrimony with the Caldari State without the black and strange angle designs.

Pax Vobiscum.

"

I'm a huge Star Wars fan so I like the style of those ships especially the Millennium Falcon.  I've designed fleets of craft in KSP, but the tools are very limiting compared to what will be possible in DU (from what I've seen).

12900981_188485111542720_245736038257294

Jett

I want to give this a like but my bag of likes has run dry again. Looks like you've been busy! Building in DU will be a bit different, but you've got the eye for ships!

I want to give this a like but my bag of likes has run dry again. Looks like you've been busy! Building in DU will be a bit different, but you've got the eye for ships!

I ran out of "likes" today too - LOL

I've downloaded a couple free voxel design tools to get some familiarity with that crafting method.  They're too limited to do anything crazy but enough to play around with...

I ran out of "likes" today too - LOL

I've downloaded a couple free voxel design tools to get some familiarity with that crafting method.  They're too limited to do anything crazy but enough to play around with...

Sounds good to me! Anything to be prepared is good in my view. I may keep dabbling in Landmark until I can get my paws on Dual *muhahaha*

I prefer these kinds of ships: sleek, white, clean lines...

http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptships/2014/evgeny/evgeny_09.jpg

http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptships/2014/evgeny/evgeny_08.jpg

Let's see how well this could be build in the game.

"It seems we share near similar tastes in design and aesthetics.

Pax Vobiscum.

"

Giant space unicorn that shoots lasers out of it's eyes! YAY!!

I'm kidding I'm kidding. Something like a mini-carrier with a fully enclosed 'bay' for the smaller ships (probably no more than two). Style-wise, I do prefer practical designs that look less 'alien' and more like futuristic (but rustic/metallic) 'human' kind of ships. Other than that, I would rather keep an open mind. That way I'm not limited by something as boring as a 'plan' when this game is finally released :)

"Tsk. There's going to be no shortage of ideas.... That's bad for Megacorp business :P

Pax Vobiscum.

​"

The more ideas we have the more players we'll attract to this game.  More players means more business for ALL the ship designing corporations... and that's good for everybody!

The more ideas we have the more players we'll attract to this game.  More players means more business for ALL the ship designing corporations... and that's good for everybody!

"Exactly! I hope everyone gets to create something unique.

Pax Vobiscum.

"

Still sticking with my space bricks  :P

"Democracy, dear friend, democracy. The choice is yours. Whether it's unicorns (I'm looking at you: Antioch) or flying chimp like crafts or even FrigoPorco's Death Planet/ Shopping mall, you've been given free will.

Pax Vobiscum.

"

So back in my EVE days we used to do these things called LOL roams, where we'd get in really silly ships and go fight people in them. (haulers, mining ships, rookie ships etc anything not suited to the task) 

In DU it could be so much funnier, skies the limit to the LOLs when you get to design them yourself! 

imagine a fleet of hello kitty ships bearing down on you or some other equally preposterous thing 

So back in my EVE days we used to do these things called LOL roams, where we'd get in really silly ships and go fight people in them. (haulers, mining ships, rookie ships etc anything not suited to the task) 

In DU it could be so much funnier, skies the limit to the LOLs when you get to design them yourself! 

imagine a fleet of hello kitty ships bearing down on you or some other equally preposterous thing 

"I don't know why, but this sounds remarkably like the early days of Goonswarm Federation.

Pax Vobiscum.

"

"I don't know why, but this sounds remarkably like the early days of Goonswarm Federation.

Pax Vobiscum.

"

They were famous for everything they did, doesn't mean it wasn't done by everyone else, and often before the goons jumped on board 

I remember doing such things, so much fun!

Heh..... Which end is the nose?

A very valid question fine sir.

As the trained eye may perceive, the nose of this ship sits firmly in the middle of the picture.

lol

What style of spaceship will I build ?

Like in Robocraft, I will think before anything else of one HUGE thing :

STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY

Then I will look for maneuverability, and thrust. But the ship has to be thin to move in small areas. And of course, it has to look cool :D

I think it's a good description of how I will build/buy my ships :)

What style of spaceship will I build ?

Like in Robocraft, I will think before anything else of one HUGE thing :

STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY

Then I will look for maneuverability, and thrust. But the ship has to be thin to move in small areas. And of course, it has to look cool :D

I think it's a good description of how I will build/buy my ships :)

Care to explain how a huge ship will be slim and move through small areas? >_>

Also, given some quotes by the devs, gravity is a thing in the game. So, making a ship that lands in a planet's surface might NOT be the best idea if you go for huge builds, since, you know, you'll need huge thrusters for vertical take off.

Care to explain how a huge ship will be slim and move through small areas? >_>

Also, given some quotes by the devs, gravity is a thing in the game. So, making a ship that lands in a planet's surface might NOT be the best idea if you go for huge builds, since, you know, you'll need huge thrusters for vertical take off.

I think my (bad) English didn't work very well :/

The thing I wanted to describe "huge" isn't the ship but his stability.

But thank you for your answer :)

I think my (bad) English didn't work very well :/

The thing I wanted to describe "huge" isn't the ship but his stability.

But thank you for your answer :)

OH, I get it, you meant like a GREAT ship. 

Well, in my opinion, there won't be something like "the best ship" in the game. Every ship will have strengths and tactics that go along with it. Which is why I'm fascinated with the endless possibilities that provides. You can have a tank of a ship, or a really nimble one that is like a ninja. Who knows? :P