Animal Hunting & Taming

Novark

@RafiSaputra

We do need them croc-boots and leopard print trench coats. I, as a man of cyberpunk, want a rhino skin duster coat. Because bulletproof attire = best attire.

I would love a Crocodile skin boots because why not  :D

On a slightly unrelated note... Any of you guys see the Star Citizen Citizencon thingy with the worm?  Granted, it definitely seemed scripted... but perhaps NQ can look at similar beasts post release.

Yup, i saw that Alaska Huge Worm (i think that's how Spongebob call it  :lol:) and i hope we can have creatures that similiar to it in Dual Universe  :)

On a slightly unrelated note... Any of you guys see the Star Citizen Citizencon thingy with the worm?  Granted, it definitely seemed scripted... but perhaps NQ can look at similar beasts post release.

Dune series worm + Tatooine Planet = Awesome Scripted Trailer.

Chris Roberts , the Nerd-Herder.

I think it would be essential for the hunting of animals to occur, and I also think that it could even be an official role that you can specialize in and make an income off of.  However, I think anyone should be able to hunt for food (if there is a food system), just they wouldn't be able to make money off of it.  

I think it would be essential for the hunting of animals to occur, and I also think that it could even be an official role that you can specialize in and make an income off of.  However, I think anyone should be able to hunt for food (if there is a food system), just they wouldn't be able to make money off of it.  

Great, that will be awesome if "Hunting" is included in the Skill Tree system  :D

I think the Food system is cool, we need food for traveling  :lol:

Well, food can also be manufactured in FutureSpace. Get Carbon and some other minerals, add them into a 3D molecular printer and you get food out of it. At least for launch. They did say that "survival" elements, like hunting for animals when it came to exploration, would be introduced at a later expansion / update.

They did say that "survival" elements, like hunting for animals when it came to exploration, would be introduced at a later expansion / update.

No, JC said it could be included in a future expansion. Depending on what the post release community is asking for.

Its not a confirmed expansion/update.

No, JC said it could be included in a future expansion. Depending on what the post release community is asking for.

Its not a confirmed expansion/update.

Well, given how many people here are into exploration I guess it will be coming, but sure, it's not a matter of "would" but "could", as you ptly put it. But still, my suggestion for the raions production system stands. Synthetic food is still food after all :P

Oh yea of course.

We can do fancy things already with 3d printers today. God knows what we could do 500 years from now.

We arent that far of from growing decent meat.

Welp, I am all in for using organic matter to print food rations out it. We got to have some use for those trees after all, other than making facny houses and furniture :|

Welp, I am all in for using organic matter to print food rations out it. We got to have some use for those trees after all, other than making facny houses and furniture :|

Ha! Twerk...

I went back to the AMA part 3.

Relating to food, farming and animal hunting the answer was.

//In a future "survival" expansion, we will see to add more dangerous animals that you will have to deal with, in particular in wild environments that have not yet been "civilized".//

//These are all excellent ideas and we will consider them, but not for the initial release, but more in the "survival" expansion that would come later.//

I guess its a bit confusing because in the DM21 video the answer was a little less firm.

So while I wouldnt call it confirmed just yet it seems very likely to happen.

Ha! Twerk...

I went back to the AMA part 3.

Relating to food, farming and animal hunting the answer was.

//In a future "survival" expansion, we will see to add more dangerous animals that you will have to deal with, in particular in wild environments that have not yet been "civilized".//

//These are all excellent ideas and we will consider them, but not for the initial release, but more in the "survival" expansion that would come later.//

I guess its a bit confusing because in the DM21 video the answer was a little less firm.

So while I wouldnt call it confirmed just yet it seems very likely to happen.

Sure, if they add a jungle planet, all the merrier. Hopefully, bows as well. And swords, because we are savages who want to fight beasts with swords :D

Sure, if they add a jungle planet, all the merrier. Hopefully, bows as well. And swords, because we are savages who want to fight beasts with swords :D

You perhaps, I'll use my plasma rifle.

I like my things to stay dead after 1 shot. :P

I'm in !  :wub:

i will take the Bow ... Tactical Bow  :D

i mean, the same thing that shown on the Fan Art at the first page  ^_^

Well, we better ask for that particular Expansion from the Devs then :| Let's beg them to add it along with the Stargates.

Yeah Twerk, I think this could be a very welcome expansion, because involves basic things for ingame life (mainly food), adding also very interesting issues like hunting and survival stuff.

So now Devs you know, we want this in the game. We're all asking for it, including the red kitty!!

:lol:

basic things for ingame life (mainly food), adding also very interesting issues like hunting and survival stuff.

Yes, so we can go on an intergalactic safari tour! :D

How about creatures dropping their head as loot? So we can put them in our houses as trophy, that would be very cool.

I think SWG did this.

We'll have to see how deep they go once we get the Survival expansion.

And we'll have to see which comes first - Surivival or Stargates.

Both are Awesome !  :D

Very hard to choose which one should come first  :(

How about creatures dropping their head as loot? So we can put them in our houses as trophy, that would be very cool.

Some empires there i guess they would be glad to apply this idea with disidents!  :lol:  :ph34r: 

Some empires there i guess they would be glad to apply this idea with disidents! :lol::ph34r:

Haha yes, I can imagine they would!

We'll have to see how deep they go once we get the Survival expansion.

And we'll have to see which comes first - Surivival or Stargates.

I'm sure we will see Stargates first. Even if only because they are already developing stargates. Survival is something that is still in a concept stage, I think.

But I like aminals U_U

I think animals would be an interesting dynamic if it doesn't hurt performance, especially if animals required certain things to survive so they can only live in certain biomes, and you could capture them and put them into pens, and take them on ships to other planets. People would inevitably do ridiculous things with them like drop them from the sky and eject them into space.

But I like aminals U_U

I think animals would be an interesting dynamic if it doesn't hurt performance, especially if animals required certain things to survive so they can only live in certain biomes, and you could capture them and put them into pens, and take them on ships to other planets. People would inevitably do ridiculous things with them like drop them from the sky and eject them into space.

Yeah, inevitably (and naturally) we'll see in Alioth great quantity of actions and behaviours that we actually see on Earth. However, a very interesting difference is that individuals and organizations in Alioth shall be more able to take or apply more direct actions or policies about certain behaviours, like -for instance- killing animals for pleasure...

But I like aminals U_U

Yup, that will be cool if Animals have their own Habitat or specific conditions to live  :D

How about if people capture & drop them into space ? poor Animal, they will be die due to get hit by some meteors  :lol: