Animal Hunting & Taming

Novark

Hello fellow Arkship passengers  ^_^

I found out this official Artwork at Dual Universe page on IndieDB a few days ago and this thing blow up my mind  :D

That will be awesome if we can be a Hunter, hunting for Unique Animals that spreads on each planets in each unique Solar Systems. And we can Extract something useful from it, resources like :

• Their meat for some foods
  • Their skin / fur for some clothes & accessories, or even some armors ?
  • Or perhaps we can tame them as Space Pets  :lol:

Also, i think by adding "Hunting" aspect to the Skill Tree system will be awesome (especially for players that love hunt) so the hunting activity will be much exciting & challenging as the skill progress.

Adding a Hunt-Specific weapon & equipment will be also interesting, like :

• Tactical Arrow that shown on the Artwork
  • A large & strong Net to trap Animal that passing by
  • Or perhaps a Fishing Rod ?  :rolleyes:

I realize that i wish too much for a game that even has not been released but hey, i just give my opinion & ideas :wub:. I hope the Developer will see this as a potential feature in the future  :)

What do you think ? do you have any great ideas ? Let's discuss  ;)

04._Hunter.jpg

Image Source : www.indiedb.com/games/dual-universe  :ph34r:

They did say, that survival / hunting, is not going to be on launch. They will add features as the community orients towards that. If people want hunting in the game and survival elements like food (aside from armor specific resources in other words), then they will add it. It would also work well later on, as the exploration part of the game demands more exotic things. For the start of the game, the Devs should focus more on making the building and trading and  fighting part more robust, everything else can follow suit later on :P

Well, JC said that there will be limited fauna to make the world feel more alive.

Some animals might attack you. But they wont drop resources.

But a full on PvE experience is not planned at the moment. NQ only wants to add systems that are polished and meaningful.

So perhaps a future expansion might include hunting for resources or animal husbandry but for now it will be very basic.

Well, JC said that there will be limited fauna to make the world feel more alive.

But a full on PvE experience is not planned at the moment. NQ only wants to add systems that are polished and meaningful.

So perhaps a future expansion might include hunting for resources or animal husbandry but for now it will be very basic.

Well, full PvE and more animals / survival / hunting are not the same in my book. There won't be an epic story arc where the SpaceLions found ancient alien tech and plan on using it to take over the galaxy and we'll have to stop them :P

But I guess the Devs could add more biomes / fauna later on in the game if we ask them for it. I mean, we need safari planets later down the line :P .

But I guess the Devs could add more biomes / fauna later on in the game if we ask them for it. I mean, we need safari planets later down the line :P .

Totally!

I'd like some really alien biomes.

Goes without saying that that would include safari planets. ^^

As cool as the concept art is, it is far away on their roadmap. I think what will make the universe feel 'alive' more than anything will be the other players. 

I mean, safari can include anything O.o , even other players o.O 

I really hope they add in "savage" planets later on. Planets where they environment is toxic, the weather harsh and the wildlife is lethal. Not every planet, but a planet or two in every system. They could have valuable resources that make them worth the risk.

Sounds like my home planet, Trollia-1337. FYI, it ain't worth the risk going to Trollia, even I left due to the toxicity from the rest of my kin. :V

But in all seriousness, the explorers in the game should have this kind of challenge and colonists on a new planet could have things to worry like day / night cycles. Heck, even having slowlly rotating planets, that night on them may last for like 3 Real life days with savage beasts attacking the base at night.

That's some hardcore stuff right there.

I really hope they add in "savage" planets later on. Planets where they environment is toxic, the weather harsh and the wildlife is lethal. Not every planet, but a planet or two in every system. They could have valuable resources that make them worth the risk.

Yes, prospecting in savage biomes should be very interesting. Be on the lookout for coordinates in the market from PI's exploration branch. ;)

This artwork is so beautiful. I like the idea! Thanks for sharing. Taming would be awesome. I definitely want a pet ;)

Well, your animal pet would be simply an NPC that you control via modified Lua scripts. You can't access an animal's scripts, but you can have skill training to give it certain commands (loot that, sniff for X, Y, Z thing) or to attack someone.

Hopefully, in the same expansion, we may get things like Droids and melee weaponry.

We should petition for them to do so in the first expansion, along with Stargates or after the Stargate expansion :P

Well, your animal pet would be simply an NPC that you control via modified Lua scripts. You can't access an animal's scripts, but you can have skill training to give it certain commands (loot that, sniff for X, Y, Z thing) or to attack someone.

Hopefully, in the same expansion, we may get things like Droids and melee weaponry.

We should petition for them to do so in the first expansion, along with Stargates or after the Stargate expansion :P

Twerk, if you ask for more things, the game is going to get delayed. It might have already been delayed, so I don't recommend you continue.

We will ask for all the things in the world but just let the devs get to it when they can and want to. 

The concept itself of having a living fauna system on planets that is generated at random is quite awesome. 
Add hunting and survival aspects to it and it makes it even better - though, I doubt this is on the books to be implemented anytime soon. 

I just hope they give the fauna a use other than 'making things feel more alive' later on down the track.

Nice find with the artwork by the way.

Twerk, if you ask for more things, the game is going to get delayed. It might have already been delayed, so I don't recommend you continue.

We will ask for all the things in the world but just let the devs get to it when they can and want to. 

>.> someone wants to pick a fight and tries hard. Really hard.

Can we please just leave the thread to the animal hunting topic? Don't need fighting to happen, or provocation, just the spreading of ideas and the mentions of hopes.

Please.

Thanks guys.

it would be amazing. but if we have hunting we could orso get traping and taming maby for zoo's and farming all of witch would be a lot of fun

Ohh god that Taming will be pretty awesome. It's cool if we can make friends with some ... let's says "Space Horse" and they can give us a free ride as feedback  :wub:

They did say, that survival / hunting, is not going to be on launch. They will add features as the community orients towards that. If people want hunting in the game and survival elements like food (aside from armor specific resources in other words), then they will add it. It would also work well later on, as the exploration part of the game demands more exotic things. For the start of the game, the Devs should focus more on making the building and trading and  fighting part more robust, everything else can follow suit later on 

Thats okay if Dev's not add it into the game on the first launch but still, i would love to accept these kind of features if they want to add it in the future  :D

I hope so, let's wait and see what kind of Expansions that NQ offer to us in the future  ;)

As cool as the concept art is, it is far away on their roadmap. I think what will make the universe feel 'alive' more than anything will be the other players. 

Exactly, players is the key to make the game feel "Alive" but i think this kind of Fauna also give some sweet addition into the "Alive" feels  :wub:

Well, I think that if they (or we) want a realistic MMO game, food, hunting and farming will be there.

And yeah, it sounds pretty cool.

PS: fantastic pic!

How about some clothes from Animals skin ?  :D

That will be great & will add more challenge into the game.

& I love challenge  B)

Survival expansion.

Live creatures expansion  :wub:

This artwork is so beautiful. I like the idea! Thanks for sharing. Taming would be awesome. I definitely want a pet

Yup, the artwork is pretty cool.

A pet ? sure i want !!!  ;)

Yes, that sounds good to me

Great, glad to hear that !.

The concept itself of having a living fauna system on planets that is generated at random is quite awesome. 

Add hunting and survival aspects to it and it makes it even better - though, I doubt this is on the books to be implemented anytime soon. 

I just hope they give the fauna a use other than 'making things feel more alive' later on down the track.

Nice find with the artwork by the way.

How about a custom armor from animal skin ? ahaha forget it  :wub:

Well at least we can use animal skin for some cosmetic items

At where that bird bought that hat? Both are awesome!

From Arkship hat shop  :lol: