Alpha Release

SwiftArrow

So will we have a release of the Alpha by this December? Or is it all tentative?

Please just have it take only 12-18 months for full release! Don't be like Chris Roberts, and then end up having to delay because you over-promised and need more time to get it right! I love the guy and wish him ultimate success, but there is a reason why he'd be shot by his dev team if he threw out dates! 

I actually read the first dev-post from summer 2014 and they talked about a alpha being released "next summer" aka Q2/Q3 2015. So i dont have my hopes up yet for the game being released on the given schedule. For me this is normal because i am so used to it so i wouldn't really mind it haha.

Well no, JC has always said early 2017 for the alpha. In the latest interview with DM21 he even said not before march.

Thats the closest to a date we have gotten. Personally I wouldnt spend too much time waiting. NQ is fully committed to releasing the alpha as fast as possible. But it will take some time to get the client ready and to set up the server infrastructure.

Try to enjoy the youtube videos and the forum for now. :)

Latest news was Alpha would be "first half" 2017 meaning march time at the earliest

Exactly.

So will we have a release of the Alpha by this December? Or is it all tentative?

Don't be like Chris Roberts, and then end up having to delay because you over-promised and need more time to get it right!

Yeah - because THAT's why SC hasn't released lol

Yeah - because THAT's why SC hasn't released lol

Have to agree here.  SC is having troubles because they used the CryEngine, and then realized oh wait... we have to make a million different architectures one for how they handle planetary stuff, one for the FPS, one for multiplayer and I imagine there are a bunch more.  Getting all of these modified architectures to work together has been a hastle.  However, by the looks of things... it looks like they are getting things to work well.  I just hope they are making strides on the multiplayer part... I want the game to start looking like a MMO.

I look forward to the Alpha but i still can't decide whether or not to make an organisation (had plenty experience running large guilds in World of Warcraft) Or taking a Back seat and join one. x)