8000 backer reward, its pretty awesome....

Hotwingz

As planned, we can now reveal the 8,000k backers reward:

Each Kickstarter backer will receive the blueprint of a single-player hovercraft with a design unique and specific to the Kickstarter! (players will still have to gather the materials to build it)

We will give more info very soon.

Thanks again for your support!

The Novaquark Team

How friggin cool is that! :D

Just wanted to post it here because not everyone looks at the KS page 24/7.

Each Kickstarter backer will receive the blueprint of a single-player hovercraft with a design unique and specific to the Kickstarter! (players will still have to gather the materials to build it)

The Novaquark Team

Jet bike? Jet bike!

The Novaquark Team

Hovercraft ?!

Sweeeetttttt, i will use that thing to cross the river  :wub:

Does it come with scanners?  Can you do prospecting from inside your ship or do you have to get out and hump?  How much material can I store in my nanopack?  Does  the hovercraft have a cargo capacity (or need it if we can store tons of material in the nanopack?)  Will we get it in alpha and beta as well as general release?

Does it come with scanners?  Can you do prospecting from inside your ship or do you have to get out and hump?  How much material can I store in my nanopack?  Does  the hovercraft have a cargo capacity (or need it if we can store tons of material in the nanopack?)  Will we get it in alpha and beta as well as general release?

It's a single-player Hovercraft so i think this thing will have shape kinda like a Motorcycle, so it can't carry much  :D

Maybe we can strap four of them together with voxels to make a cargo carrier.

"All aboard the hover train!"

"Arkship or bust!"

"This hover caravan is 'rolling' out!"

Heh, I woke up this morning thinking "all of us 8000+ backers should have put $5 more in - which is less than what one would pay for fast food - and that would have hit the 600k mark. 

Wishful thinking and hindsight eh :P

But either way - good job DU team, and yay to all of us backers who can now look forward to what will hopefully be a working prototype by end of year :D

As for the surprise - Sweet! And thank you for the surprise DU!

Though I'm personally not a fan of hoverbikes / space bikes (I'm weird like that?). Wonder if I would be able to hang on to the blueprint and sell it when the game comes out for megaquarks... hmmm

EDIT: Also sorry about double post. Was still half asleep after waking up when I wrote this. Thought I was reading a different thread somehow.

Don't forget we still have the 550k surprise to come yet too :)

It looks like CvC is out of scope for general release and will be in the first update, but they'll be doing the character customization instead, which will certainly enhance roleplaying in the beginning.