Almost finished

Lau2356

At the moment, there is 26 hours left to the kickstarter and we have great chances to reach 8000 backers. Also, we might reach 550k euros, that would be cool and I think we'll have a surprise if we do :). So I hope that there will be a boost in backers and funding, it would be really great for the game and the pledgers. Anyway, don't stop encouraging the KS and we will soon see the outcome of this great funding campaign :D.

Not entirely sure why a failed stretch goal means no con v con combat. From my lofty perch of no coding experience whatsoever, wouldn't weapons just be a modified builder tool with the parameters set to minus? Set the area effect to big and random for bombs and small and focussed for projectiles?

All criticism is meant to improve, not destroy.

Not entirely sure why a failed stretch goal means no con v con combat. From my lofty perch of no coding experience whatsoever, wouldn't weapons just be a modified builder tool with the parameters set to minus? Set the area effect to big and random for bombs and small and focussed for projectiles?

It's not just the design, it's the QA testing in pre-alpha.  Alpha testing is generally for things like playability and balance, but the internal QA is going to have to go through any combat system they design with a fine toothed comb.  And we're not just talking about fighter vs fighter here, we're taking about multiplayer ships shooting at each other with specific elements and doing damage, presumably, to those elements as well as the hull.  And the players would have to be able to repair them, develop skills for using them, create a lot of combat-related graphics (and doing good explosions is a pain in the ass.)  So yeah, I thought that a 100K stretch was pretty modest, representing at most two more underpaid FTEs (Full Time Employees.)  When you look at the size of the team as it is, 500k euros for 2 years of work is a pittance.  These guys are going to be working 70 hour weeks for survival wages and if they can't deliver on stuff they didn't promise based on their funding, you won't hear me complaining.  

I'd rather see CvC go through a full alpha cycle too and I hope they can manage it, and I'm going to do everything I can to help them get the best possible game out there at general release.

Well we just reached 8k backers, congrats everyone!I agree on the fact that the stretch goal is very unlikely to be reached but we still got 550k and that's great. I'm sure we'll see some elements of CvC in alpha or beta, for test. However it'll not be the whole thing, that will be a bit after release, in some expansion. But hey the game is funded and we reached the social goals, good job everyone :).

I can pretty much bet you $ that CvC would be added in at some point, likely very shortly after release if not before then - based off what the developers have been saying, the vision they all seem to share, and the payment model they have chosen. It's a shame it won't likely be one of the first few things in alpha at this point in time, but I'm not overly worried about it ultimately being in the game.

Have faith. I know plenty of games over-promise, don't deliver, and disappoint nowadays. But likewise all reason and logic will dictate that if Novaquark can pull off what currently is promised to come out of the kickstarter campaign, they would be able to, and in all respect actually would add in CvC. 

Well NQ decided to add character customization at release so that's great :). They will also work on CvC combat and I'm pretty sure it'll come out in a matter of months after release. This was a pretty good funding campaign and the results are awesome!