I propose: The Free Democratic Republic (recruiting, and in search of founders and leaders)

Benitius

NOTE: At the moment,the following things are WIP:

-A flag/logo

-A simplyfied version of the government, designed to be more transparent

-A version of the government designed to work with fewer people

-finally, a constitution

One of the biggest challenges any society faces is to create an environment were anyone is treated as an equal, where there is no difference regardless of a person's background. So this Society is based on fairness and aversion of conflict in order to create an environment where all players can feel as free as possible while living in a stable culture. High ambitions, but I'm optimistic.

1. POLITICAL SYSTEM

The political power is split between judiciary, legislative and executive.

The LEGISLATIVE is elected by the public in a representative vote. Not person, but only parties can participate. This is to avoid any form of populism. There are 20 seats in parliament (a number that will grow with society). Every party gets the amount of seats that they have votes.

So if for example a party gets 20% of all votes, they will get 20% of all seats (in this case that are 4 seats).

The minimum requirement for a party to get a seat in parliament is to have 5% of all votes. This is to avoid giving extremists parties large political impact.

The job of the legislative is to create and pass the laws by which the society works by. Any desicion requires a 70% vote to be accepted. If a vote gets 60-69% of all votes, it can be repeated, and if it still gets 65-69%, it can be taken in front of the high court.

Parties are allowed to form a union in parliament, however, this only applies if the created Union holds less than 50% of all seats.

Parliamentarians are not required to vote accordingly to their party's policies if they believe that these policies do not reflect the publics interest.

Furthermore, the parliament will elect the head of executive.

The EXECUTIVE is formed by the head of executive, who is elected by the parliamentarians. After election, he/she will form a executive, meaning he/she will select the ministers. Those ministers will be set in charge of their respective ministries.

Likely to be formed:

-Ministry of internal affairs

-Ministry of foreign affairs

-Ministry of economics

-Ministry of education and science

-Ministry of social affairs

-Ministry of police

-Ministry of military

-Ministry of development and environment

-Ministry of trade

-Ministry of exploration

-Ministry of logistics

-Ministry of tax

-Treasury

Each ministry will follow its tasks and report to the parliament and the other ministers regularly. The head of executive is to be understood as both a representative figure and the manager of ministries.

Only a former minister can become the head of executive.

The JUDICIARY is formed of a number of judges on different levels.

These levels might be:

-Private affairs

-Financial and social affairs

-Common crimes

-High crimes

-High Judges

The 7 high judges are separate from the rest as their job will be to watch over all other governmental organs. If they can agree (by internal vote) that somebody behaved against the constitution, they can veto that desicion. A high judge must have had at least two other positions inside the judiciary.

There is also a people's judge. If he believes a certain political figure is to dangerous, he can propose a public vote to the high judges if that person should be put out of office. If the judges agree, a vote will be held. The people's judge will publicly make a case against the figure, then the figure will be allowed to defend himself. The audience then votes.

2. ECONOMICAL SYSTEM

A free market should be put in place, however, governmental policies need to assure producers, employees and customers rights. Furthermore, some branches should be controlled by government. These might include:

-All armed forces

-Public transportation

In other parts, the government should participate, such as:

-Exploration

-Sciences

-Technology

-Arts

To avoid monopolies, any company that controls more than 70% of its respective market will need to create artificial shortage in order to maintain competition. Exceptions can be made of oases by a judge and renewed regularly.

3. IMPORTANT RULES

The aim is to provide a fair and stable society. In order to assure this, several rules are put into place:

I. GOVERNMENTAL MONOPOLY ON VIOLENCE

No private person or organisation is allowed to possess, produce or sell weapons outside of governmental work. The government itself will be the only one to posses weapons and weapon manufacturing facilities. This is to assure safety inside of social structures such as cities.

Governmental employees being allowed to use weapons might include employees of the

-Ministry of military

-Ministry of police

-Ministry of exploration

However, the employees will not be allowed to own a private weapon outside of their employment. Anything that is not exclusively designed as a weapon is allowed, however, violence towards other players outside of self defence and defence of others is prohibited. Self defence or defence of others should only be done using appropriate force.

II. UNCONDITIONAL BASIC INCOME

Every citizen will be provided with unconditional basic income. That income might include

-Money

-Basic Resources

-Basic Goods

And will be handed out regularly.

To assure a safe supply of the unconditional basic income, there will be a rise of taxation for higher incomes both for privates persons and companies. Further, a large part of the international trading of basic recourses will be done or at least overlooked by the government.

The unconditional basic income will assure an equal starting point for every player, where nobody has to start from scratch in a world he doesn't fully understand yet.

III. ABSOLUTE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND INFORMATION

No opinion or speech can be prohibited. The can be no censorship. No person or organisation can be persecuted solely because of the opinions, goals, plans, ideas or ideals that they represent.

Furthermore, the government is required to release all documents to the public.

IV. FREE TRANSPORTATION

In the long run, it needs to be the goal to create free means of travel for every citizen. This means that the government needs to find ways to erect and establish both safe and free to use paths as well as safe and free to use public transportation vehicles.

V. CREATION OF AN INTERNATIONAL UNION

This is to avoid military, political or economical conflicts with other countries as well as to strengthen each member militarily and economically. While in the beginning, alliances will be made, the longterm goal is the creation of am international Union to assure peace, prosperity to its members and freedom and safety to its citizens.

That Union might be anything from an alliance to a federation.

Military conflicts with other nations are to be avoided at all cost. The borders of other nations as well as their sovereignty are to be respected.

And most importantly of all, rule 0:

RULE 0:

Every players life, liberty, pride, health, safety and happiness is to be pursuit and protected by the government.

Editors note: This is my basic idea. However, I'm very new to this genre (never played massive online before... I never was intruiged until now), so any feedback and/or advice would be welcome :)

Also any Ideas for a Better Name or a cool logo?

What can work, what not?

To what extend is organisation in your experience needed?

Etc...

Sry for my noobiness ;)

Interesting, didn't see them... Mind liking me? They're on the first page, how should I find them?

While I do respect and admire cinderfall, I do not feel like they do exactly the same thing. However, I can easily see them as a member of our (HA, "our") Union.

One thing to say, I have no intentions whatsoever to run this country. There are far more capable people out there who have MMO experience. I just wanted to get my idea out there and see what happens. I'd like to be some part though. Like, ministry of foreign affairs. ;) obviously only by election

Do note that Cinderfall consists of several orgs and can be considered an alliance (correct me otherwise, anyone else), thus there are several organizations in there that you should look at individually.

Unless you want to do your own thing or join up with other or smaller entities.

For me personally, cinderfall seems to vague in its goals. I also see a high risk of overpower full leading figures. So no, while cinderfall is very close, it is not exactly my cup of tea ;)

But as I said, if this ever works out, I'd definitely like to form an alliance

Germans really do have a fable for structured, restricted, outruled and slow structures....

So I take it you won't join? ;)

I think this system is a pretty good balance between not giving anybody to much power and efficiency. But that's my opinion

Just keep in mind you have the curse of any new and yet small organization that intends to portray a state, government etc.

And that curse is large numbers required to fill all the positions you can think of and then attracting more people beyond that to serve as 'citizens' - otherwise what would you 'govern', I guess.

Normal recruitment can be tough, this must be a tad harder I imagine due to higher requirements of members or numbers.

If you can't convince people you have a unique concept or are an alternative to others and perhaps do so with unique multimedia (pictures, audio, video) then you may have a harder time compared to others. Not trying to keep you from it, just highlighting what a hard task it can be.

I could imagine something, assuming you are dead set to pull this off, however. Check your private messages, top right corner close to the sign out button.

I have to ask.

But why is all of this needed? Is it from an RP perspective? Or is it because it works in the world world, it obviously must work here?

Not trying to slight anyone here, I just don't understand why all of that fancy mumbo jumbo can't be simplified down to focus on things being about the game rather than paperwork and playing politician. 

I sincerely want a good response here, because for the life of me, I just don't get it.

I have to ask.

But why is all of this needed? Is it from an RP perspective? Or is it because it works in the world world, it obviously must work here?

Not trying to slight anyone here, I just don't understand why all of that fancy mumbo jumbo can't be simplified down to focus on things being about the game rather than paperwork and playing politician. 

I sincerely want a good response here, because for the life of me, I just don't get it.

The answer: It's not. Yes, of course playing politician and filing legal paperwork is fun (?) for some (our High Magistrates at Cinderfall are rather aficionados for this), but it generally does weigh down efficiency and doing what really needs to be done.

While perhaps our principles and values may not align with BOO, I have always admired BOO's down to earth manner and way of doing things.

Since you are here... Wouldn't you say the military is to powerful in cinderfall? Do correct me if I am wrong though... And the magistratum seems to be very powerful as well, being two major powers in one (legislative and judiciary).

In reading your thread i wish you the best of luck, For me though it sounds far to much like the European union.

Are you going to have 10000 different regulations governing milk?

I joke of course.

Plenty of people like that kind of stuff.

Milk is the number one reason societies fail. I will have heavy milk restrictions ;)

Milk is the number one reason societies fail. I will have heavy milk restrictions ;)

Truly diabolical.

Thanks for the responses to my question. Nothing against it, not my cup of tea, but same reason BOO isn't everyone's cup of tea. Different tastes and all.

Good luck!

I wouldn't be able to condone taking peoples weapons. I believe to strongly in the right to bear arms.

Offering a basic living wage might be unfeasible unless you have a guaranteed source of labor to grind credits.

---

In order to protect the players of this games freedom, and to preserve the identity and liberty of organisations which sign onto the interstellar accord which is Cinderfall, Democracy is to dangerous of an element to be allowed to rule the day.

More than once already we've had to shake a stick at people that would opt to do something that actually interferes with their own ability to be free in the game. People are not typically as up to speed with what is or isn't possible and get taken advantage of by politicians.

Any org is free to align themselves under the Cinderfall umbrella if they agree to certain standards. Basically they must behave themselves. Does the magistratum have significant power and authority, yes sure, but the holders of power are the orgs. So if two orgs initiate a conflict through the magistrates mediation, say the DUA and the TU, over control of a planet, the magistratum wouldn't have been able to do anything until orgs request the use of their authority.

The magi can solve problems, they cant forcibly redraw the borders of member orgs, they could in theory establish any sort of law but they'll put themselves up against me if they constrict the freedoms of the people or the orgs. 

Democratic, Autocratic, or whatever the system does not decide the strength or righteousness of the leaders. Just look at my poor country america today. The strength of a leader can however forge a system to be strong.

The DUA is a sort of federal government, an alliance of member orgs, states and corps. The TU is some sort of super nation, with sub divisional orgs and corporations. ODY a corporate state, SLI some sort of judicial corporation. and so forth an on there are many more orgs in csyn, but this doesn't make them military allies, but rather protects them from outright hostilities from other member orgs, and csyn provides a sort of inter-organisation fabric of cooperation without forcing terms of a traditional power mongering alliance on people.

Its too complicated for me to get into depth on how it all works here. Which some will poke fun at and say were overly bureaucratic. Designing it all of course requires a lot of paper work. but when it comes to operation in the game itll be smooth, and people wont even realize there's all this stuff at work behind the scenes.

--

If you want some help forming your nation / alliance csyn might be able to help you get some footing, your local sovereignty is not at risk. All right.. I rambled again.. Cybrex I'm comin to tortuga for a drink. or a dozen.