Alpha/Beta Players -- Do we get to Keep...

Can anyone shed some light on what player, world, and/or universe effects will take place at the conclusion of each Alpha and Beta playtest period?

For example:

• Do we keep the skills learned?
  • Do we lose, keep, or reset DAC's to our starting amounts?
  • Are towns, cities, and TU's kept?
  • Are DAC's charged during playtest?
  • How long will Alpha and Beta test periods last?

Anyone else have questions?  Or, answers?

Can anyone shed some light on what player, world, and/or universe effects will take place at the conclusion of each Alpha and Beta playtest period?

For example:

It is my understanding they're scrubbing everything except possibly blueprints and probably any blueprints that are kept will become available to the community.  What we will get to keep to give us a major edge will be the actual player skills we learn and the relationships we build.  I don't know if we'll be allowed to spend DACs in alpha or beta, but if we are we'd certainly get them back since anything we buy with  them will be gone.  Alpha is set to start in Feb 2017 and run for year, beta Feb 2018, and general release in the second half of 2018.

As far as i know, they dont charged the DAC while the game still in Alpha / Beta phase.

The DAC will be consumed when the game is already in official release  :D

For example:

1) no, alpha testers at least start out with some higher tier skills to test later game mechanics with out the months of training

2)DAC's wont be in the alpha and beta edit: i dont have proof of this, but since alpha and beta are free they are useless

3)the servers will be wiped after each test phase and before the game goes live

4)see #2

5) kinda like dinkledash said, alpha is early 2017(best guess is feb), beta is early 18(again best guess is feb) and currently the goal is Dec 2018 for full game, but will probably be pushed to early 2019 because its a game and unforeseen things happen

1) no, alpha testers at least start out with some higher tier skills to test later game mechanics with out the months of training

2)DAC's wont be in the alpha and beta edit: i dont have proof of this, but since alpha and beta are free they are useless

4)see #2

5) kinda like dinkledash said, alpha is early 2017(best guess is feb), beta is early 18(again best guess is feb) and currently the goal is Dec 2018 for full game, but will probably be pushed to early 2019 because its a game and unforeseen things happen

It's confirmed that the only thing DACs can be used for is subscriptions?  I remember someone saying they'd be lootable, which suggests that there could be an in-game purpose for them, but since that could result in "pay-to-win" does that mean people could be raiding weaker players and stealing their subscription credits?  That seems worse than pay-to-win.

It's confirmed that the only thing DACs can be used for is subscriptions?  I remember someone saying they'd be lootable, which suggests that there could be an in-game purpose for them, but since that could result in "pay-to-win" does that mean people could be raiding weaker players and stealing their subscription credits?  That seems worse than pay-to-win.

DACs can be sold for in-game money. 

That's their other use.

DACs can be sold for in-game money. 

That's their other use.

yeah, the main purpose of buying the dac with real money is to sell to someone in game who cant afford the real world cost but has the time to grind for it, but given that alpha and beta there isnt going to be a real need for money as testers have more free access to materials that wont be the case in the live game for testing purposes and that the server is wiped out there isnt going to be a need for the DAC's, 

Im saying the DAC's more than likely wont be in alpha and beta as they dont add anything to the test and therefore are not needed. 

also as far as looting them goes, NQ is working on the compromise between the original plan and the will of the community to make the DAC system identical to the PLEX system, however this will more than likely not be ready at release.

It is my understanding they're scrubbing everything except possibly blueprints and probably any blueprints that are kept will become available to the community.  What we will get to keep to give us a major edge will be the actual player skills we learn and the relationships we build.  I don't know if we'll be allowed to spend DACs in alpha or beta, but if we are we'd certainly get them back since anything we buy with  them will be gone.  Alpha is set to start in Feb 2017 and run for year, beta Feb 2018, and general release in the second half of 2018.

What do you mean about blueprints being made available to the community?  I don't think i've heard about this

4)see #2

1) Yay! Hadn't heard that but that makes sense.

2) I think that is a pretty safe bet. DACs have no purpose in alpha/beta

3) There may be additional server wiping during alpha in particular, when significant new features are added they may wipe the prior stuff since the purpose of alpha is to test during active developement, not to "play" the game.

4) Agreed

5) In the interview today, JC said a more realistic expectation for alpha is march/april, maybe even may

I understand the reason behind the server wipes for the alpha and betas...

Haha at least I'll get a good do-over and know what to actually do after I try the beta!

Time to set back and enjoy~

I watched the recent video and thought JC said 1st-half of the year is more likely but also implied Feb/Mar or even April start date may be too difficult to achieve -- I think he may not want to over promise on this timeline since it carries so much weight with the community.

I like the fact we can test higher tier skills during Alpha testing.  How about in Closed/Open Beta Play Testing?  Which video can this information be found in?

(2) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/posts/1675018

"Alpha/Beta access: no subscription involved."

Edit:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/description

FAQ:

Is there an approximate date for Alpha, Beta and official release?

- First half of 2017 for Alpha.

- First half of 2018 for Beta.

- End of 2018 for Official Release.

Last updated: Fri, Sep 16 2016 4:55 AM EEST

I watched the recent video and thought JC said 1st-half of the year is more likely but also implied Feb/Mar or even April start date may be too difficult to achieve -- I think he may not want to over promise on this timeline since it carries so much weight with the community.

I like the fact we can test higher tier skills during Alpha testing.  How about in Closed/Open Beta Play Testing?  Which video can this information be found in?

Beta testing is usually about load testing and performance more than mechanics so they probably won't just level people up for a test event.  In alpha we won't be playing straight through for a year, more like 2 or maybe 3 days a week for a few hours a day, and they'll set up parameters for our characters so we can test different parts of the code.  We're going to try to find their integer overflows and malformed dynamic SQL so they'll have us test maxed out characters, fly ships into the center of a sun, that sort of thing.  In beta we'll probably just start as basic characters and if we can level up in the amount of time servers are running then you can try the high level skills and keep your character progression at least until beta finishes.  That's where we'll be trying to fill up transaction logs and create deadlocks, though of course in beta with 8000 users we'll have more opportunities for novel player interactions with the environment and other players and some things will happen that they weren't expecting.

I presume they will handle transition into different stages of development and server resets similarly to how Empyrion does.   In Empyrion they made safe zones where they allowed us to deconstruct everything and move one ship with all of the ore's and blue prints on board into a safe zone so we didn't lose everything.  Everything not in this safe zone was wiped entirely.  Moving into different stages of development I think they would probably do entire wipes.  

This is speculation though, as all of our comments are.